Morrissey statement / Lisbon, Portugal booked (Oct. 6)

Re: Morrissey statement - TTY - August 5th

Yes, his repeated accolades to Israel without acknowledging what the government is doing is becoming perturbing - to say the least.

Why should he be disparaging the Israeli government; they are right and just in defending themselves. Quit following the masses and do some research.

I think he has a right to express his opinion whether he is a singer or not. (I just wish he wasn't so hypocritical.) Are you advocating censorship for anyone not in a political career? That's pretty absurd considering how corrupt politics are.

No--I do not advocate censorship--sorry for the lack of clarity there--I was rambling a bit.

I agree with you--the hypocrisy of Morrissey is sickening.

Why should he be disparaging the Israeli government; they are right and just in defending themselves. Quit following the masses and do some research.

The part that people have an issue with is all the civilians (babies/children) they are killing. As far as the dispute, I'm sure they're both wrong but Israel is killing so many innocents.

Give me a break. So now the great one wants to sit on his high throne and pontificate about how wrong things are in the world...

... In closing, as people begin to bash, remember that it is not Morrissey's place to impart his beliefs on others, as he does here by merely making a statement. He is a singer--not very good lately, but that is his job. If he wants to join the political or media circle, he should hang up the microphone and take up the news desk. This is exactly fodder that TRB and his sorry sods will jump into and dissect looking for blue rose and Morrissey's World signs.

he's a poet and a singer.

and he uses social media for his 'announcements'.

you can 'take it' or 'leave it' - it's simple. :)

p.s. apology

My recollection of The Smiths first album was via word of mouth and music press.
This was reinforced via Peel, but that was the only source of their music on tv and radio I remember. Peel was a tiny part of radio one in all its wacky presenter poptastic glory - so it did well to remain in the charts for 33 weeks. The 'independent' chart was in its infancy too, so the written word definitely help sell the album. Given the time, it is almost a fair comment to say the album had little promotion when compared to popular big sellers who would be guaranteed daytime air play and not relegated to a late night show.
Still, it's all very confusing. Closing down 'fake' accounts and then blessing social media and allowing videos that Youtube's copyright algorithm should have flagged up straight away....
Regards,
FWD

Should we take this as a statement from Morrissey that he is indeed a marxist?

Have we nurtured a communist by our bosom?

The red wine marxist brigade got themselves another hero although his Israel statement might be seen as a slight complication. When you swim in muddy waters not even goggles will be of much help.

He's not talking about any government...including Israeli. He's talking about people.

He's less hypocritical than most....at least he's got a heart.

You however, need to see the wizard....take toto with you....

He's not talking about any government...including Israeli. He's talking about people.

WE KNOW! DUH!!!

However, to keep mentioning Israel while ignoring what is going on there - as if everything is just normal- is a little heartless.

Yes, his repeated accolades to Israel without acknowledging what the government is doing is becoming perturbing - to say the least.

Well, he wouldn't want to tamper with arrangements, would he?

I don't see why everyone is getting so worked up about Gaza, anyway. Worse things happen in Wendy's every day. All those grieving parents will soon change their tune once everyone is dead and Morrissey secures a gig in Tel Aviv, free from the worry that one of those rockets might give him a black eye. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the greater good.

This is his best missive on TTY, ever. Everything he says rings true. Bush and Blair are war criminals who should have met the same end as Saddam. I love MORRISSEY and I believe in him, we have found a kindred spirit, a pop soul mate. I believe MORRISSEY devotees share an essence, an "it" factor that one cannot put a finger on. If you have met him, and you share this essence, you will know it when you shake his hand, give him a hug, or lock eyes with him in laser-like precision. If you have not met him, his music touches you just the same. Straight, gay, bi, it doesn't matter - the connection with this man is undeniable. He understands us. We understand him. As for Israel, as a Muslim-American, albeit a rather secular one, I should be the most pissed off person on this website. But you know what? I don't give a flying f*** in the same way some may be quick to condemn. And I'll tell you why. A Jew, a Zionist, the people of Israel, and the Government of Israel are not one and the same. When he thanks "friends in Israel" do you think he is thanking the Government who is bombing the people of Palestine? No. He is thanking the fans who bought "World Peace..." If I cannot have a dialogue with my Jewish friends, there is no hope, and without hope, there is nothing. Without hope, we may as well pray for the nuclear bombs to drop on our heads now. If you hate, or better stated if there is absolutely no love in your heart for MORRISSEY, perhaps this is not the place to be. We don't talk about it much here, but those distinctly British themes he sang about went by the wayside after "Maladjusted" because MORRISSEY left England for Los Angeles (gasp!), Rome, etc. And those themes are not coming back, ever. MORRISSEY belongs to the world - and from Lisbon to Istanbul to Jakarta, the world is richer for it. Look into your heart, be grateful, you are privy, you are a witness to The Last of the Famous. There has never been anyone like him and there will never be. He is no less than Elvis and The Beatles - and how incredibly beautiful it would have been to live in those times. Smiths Is Dead. Long live MORRISSEY.

- Ghoul
5 August 2014
Parts Unknown

Give me a break.

I am a true conservative, and I am very proud of it. If by some odd twist of fate I agreed with Morrissey's views, I would not advocate such absurd ramblings and drunken monologues.

Right....the world ain't been right since John Wayne died.....

Even Fox news can't take the place of big John....Damn

How can anybody hold the position that Israel is just "defending" itself when 70% of the casualties have been civilian? If a man pulls a gun on me in a crowded restaurant would I be justified in killing everybody in the room in self-defense?

This is his best missive on TTY, ever. Everything he says rings true. Bush and Blair are war criminals who should have met the same end as Saddam. I love MORRISSEY and I believe in him, we have found a kindred spirit, a pop soul mate. I believe MORRISSEY devotees share an essence, an "it" factor that one cannot put a finger on. If you have met him, and you share this essence, you will know it when you shake his hand, give him a hug, or lock eyes with him in laser-like precision. If you have not met him, his music touches you just the same. Straight, gay, bi, it doesn't matter - the connection with this man is undeniable. He understands us. We understand him. As for Israel, as a Muslim-American, albeit a rather secular one, I should be the most pissed off person on this website. But you know what? I don't give a flying f*** in the same way some may be quick to condemn. And I'll tell you why. A Jew, a Zionist, the people of Israel, and the Government of Israel are not one and the same. When he thanks "friends in Israel" do you think he is thanking the Government who is bombing the people of Palestine? No. He is thanking the fans who bought "World Peace..." If I cannot have a dialogue with my Jewish friends, there is no hope, and without hope, there is nothing. Without hope, we may as well pray for the nuclear bombs to drop on our heads now. If you hate, or better stated if there is absolutely no love in your heart for MORRISSEY, perhaps this is not the place to be. We don't talk about it much here, but those distinctly British themes he sang about went by the wayside after "Maladjusted" because MORRISSEY left England for Los Angeles (gasp!), Rome, etc. And those themes are not coming back, ever. MORRISSEY belongs to the world - and from Lisbon to Istanbul to Jakarta, the world is richer for it. Look into your heart, be grateful, you are privy, you are a witness to The Last of the Famous. There has never been anyone like him and there will never be. He is no less than Elvis and The Beatles - and how incredibly beautiful it would have been to live in those times. Smiths Is Dead. Long live MORRISSEY.

- Ghoul
5 August 2014
Parts Unknown

You are ridiculous. Clearly someone who kneels for every word from his mouth is in need of some eye opening. He is the number one hypocrite.

- Ghoul
5 August 2014
Parts Unknown

I'm really....starting to like you. Even though I don't know your name.

Excellent post...

How can anybody hold the position that Israel is just "defending" itself when 70% of the casualties have been civilian? If a man pulls a gun on me in a crowded restaurant would I be justified in killing everybody in the room in self-defense?

Because these whackos are using civilians as human shields.

Right....the world ain't been right since John Wayne died.....

Even Fox news can't take the place of big John....Damn

I know--I am reeling in despair. With all of the whining liberals running the U.S., we will continue to become weaker and weaker--look what is happening at our borders. We need to have buses set up waiting for all of the illegals and ship them right back.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom