Morrissey statement 2 June 2012; Matt Walker exits band

deano was such a horrendous drummer with no energy or groove whatsoever. shocked that anybody would want him back. still real bummed about matt leaving.

I have know matt for yeas and for him to leave there must of been a pressing matter . much love the band with do fine and so will Matt.

That's good news! Morrissey should now exercise his manhood, throw caution to the wind and sack the rest of lads, with the exception of Boz. The first line up I ever saw Morrissey in consisted of Alain, Boz, Gary and Spencer. I still think this was his best solo band. Is it an impossible dream to bring this classic line-up back?

so..has any word been said about a new drummer? Tour starts next week.

Have been out of the loop for a bit -- still no drummer announced?? I guess we'll find out when he (or hey, maybe even she?) steps out onto the stage.

I wonder if the new boy will be a permanent adoptee or just a one-tour hired hand ?

Someone on Facebook this morning asked Boz who the drummer is and his response was wait and see. Then that wanker Chris from Chicago chimed in with Spencer Cobrin.

Have been out of the loop for a bit -- still no drummer announced?? I guess we'll find out when he (or hey, maybe even she?) steps out onto the stage.

What is Meg White doing these days anyway? ;)

Noticed Primal Scream has M.B. Valentine's Debbie Googe on bass this weekend (and permanently?) at Heaton Park.

I think it'd be silly for Morrissey to hire a female band member just because they were female (I can already imagine witty retorts about Jesse) but if they can do the job well, why not?

About the "wanker" who said Spencer on FB, I'm sure he must be a wanker for many other reasons but what's wrong with wanting Spencer back?
I'd feel a hell of a lot better about the songwriting partnership, that's for sure. He didn't write a lot of songs for Morrissey, but never wrote a bad one.
Don't think Solomon's and Spencer's styles would gel very well, but who knows?

What is Meg White doing these days anyway? ;)

What a retard.
Chris "MuteWitness616," not Spencer.

Oh MuteWitness616, do you think because Boz and Kristeen take the time to reply to a comment or message you've sent them, that makes you important and their friend?

Last edited by a moderator:
HAH.

Yes.

Well, I'm sure you're right. But, c'mon! How old is Morrissey now? You would think such an enlightened being could put petty differences aside. Surely he must recognize that the best solo albums, with the exception of Viva Hate, were the ones Alain and Boz co-wrote on. I know this is all subjective but, I've seen Morrissey live many, many times and for me the best shows were the ones with the aforementioned band. I saw Spencer Cobrin sit in with Sons & Heirs, The Smiths & Moz tribute band and the man still has it. I approached him after the show and he was very humble and personable. I can't imagine what Alain, Spencer, Gary, etc. did to be excommunicated but it all seems very juvenile. I mean, this is Morrissey we're talking about, not Van Halen!

Has it ever occurred to anyone that people might not leave Morrissey's band through suspicious motives?

They might have left because they'd like to have more than 'Morrissey backing musician' on their cv. Gary Day's missus had a baby, Matt Walker has joined Paramore, Alain Whyte has worked with people like Black Eyed Peas. It's not unrealistic to assume that musicians might want more out of life than playing First Of The Gang To Die over & over & over again.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom