Morrissey speech therapy?

Harry

Man about town
Bit of a newbie fan, me, and I've been trawling through YouTube to find interviews old and new to find out more about the great man.

One thing that has struck me is how bad Morrissey's speech was in the early years. He had a very pronounced lisp and an obvious underbite, which looks uncomfortable even around 1995.

I personally think he looks better the older he gets, but his lisp seems to have gone and his underbite looks less uncomfortable. Do we know if he's ever had speech therapy or perhaps even surgery on his jaw or teeth?

Harry

A lot of people talk about his lisp but I could never hear it. He did put on an exaggerated posh "refined" voice when he was young, I suppose in order to distinguish himself from what he saw as the "oiks" in Manchester, but I could never hear a lisp.

What was funny was recently reading an blog account of Charlie's Bus Smiths episode where the writer claimed Morrissey lisps when he says "We're all going mad". I don't think even Truman Capote would have been able to lisp in a sentence that doesn't contain an "s".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHieJuhRm9k

Yes, there might be a slight hint of a lisp (and an underbite?). However he's always been a well-spoken man.

I don't think he ever had surgery for cosmetical reasons..why should he? Such a bizarre thought. Both his speaking voice and singing voice is perfect as it is.

*lucky lisp*

he doesn't have a lisp. I can't hear it...he has a beautiful voice. I think his "underbite" has decreased with age because his face has gotten fuller and it is not as prominent. having said that...he has always been and always will be absolutely amazingly beautiful and i honestly hope he never does get cosmetic surgery...doesn't need it!
the only thing i recomment for him is to keep his hair the same colour it is now...if it gets too white it might not be AS great...do you guys agree?

he does have a lisp and it's very cute - listen to sing your life - it's as "lispy" as it gets ;-) cute cute cute - I love it!

he does have a lisp and it's very cute - listen to sing your life - it's as "lispy" as it gets ;-) cute cute cute - I love it!

Well, in that case he picked the most appropriate name for his band.."the ttthnmithtthhss"...(as opposed to the scissor sisters)...

he doesn't have a lisp. I can't hear it...he has a beautiful voice. I think his "underbite" has decreased with age because his face has gotten fuller and it is not as prominent. having said that...he has always been and always will be absolutely amazingly beautiful and i honestly hope he never does get cosmetic surgery...doesn't need it!
the only thing i recomment for him is to keep his hair the same colour it is now...if it gets too white it might not be AS great...do you guys agree?

I totally agree. I think your natural colour is always best. I like the fact that it's greying on the sides. And I don't know about if it gets too white.....it depends, he could try to find a colour close to his to cover it??? But a lot of the time, I think when men let their hair grey out, they are even more handsome.:p Just my opinion. I'm not intirely sure if that'd be true of Moz..:) But I think he's ever so handsome with the way his hair is now.:)

Last edited:
I think when men let their hair grey out, they are even more handsome.:p Just my opinion. I'm not intirely sure if that'd be true of Moz..:)

I love the little bit of grey too! so much sophistication! Yum! I'm 17...no wonder my friends all find this sort of disturbing...not many boys my age have greying hair...and none of them are men either!

Bit of a newbie fan, me, and I've been trawling through YouTube to find interviews old and new to find out more about the great man.

One thing that has struck me is how bad Morrissey's speech was in the early years. He had a very pronounced lisp and an obvious underbite, which looks uncomfortable even around 1995.

I personally think he looks better the older he gets, but his lisp seems to have gone and his underbite looks less uncomfortable. Do we know if he's ever had speech therapy or perhaps even surgery on his jaw or teeth?

Harry
I don't hear any kind of lisp in any of his old interviews. Actually, i think he's always sounded great. Wonderful voice, and not many pop/rock stars are nearly as articulate.

Cosmetic surgery?! :confused:

youngmoz.jpg

mozhair1jk.jpg

jdisnotdead.jpg

I love the little bit of grey too! so much sophistication! Yum! I'm 17...no wonder my friends all find this sort of disturbing...not many boys my age have greying hair...and none of them are men either!

HAHA! You must be my twin, I'm 16, 17 in Sept. and the people my age think I'm crazy...but I honestly can't call anyone my age cute or hot let alone handsome which would be a true crime. I think cuz I take into consideration how immature they are. The sophistication of it all, it wins me over!:D And their not men either...:p

A lot of people talk about his lisp but I could never hear it. He did put on an exaggerated posh "refined" voice when he was young, I suppose in order to distinguish himself from what he saw as the "oiks" in Manchester, but I could never hear a lisp.
Hmm. Posh voice? That's kind of funny considering the grammar he used in his lyrics. "You have corrupt my innocent mind"??

HAHA! You must be my twin, I'm 16, 17 in Sept. and the people my age think I'm crazy...but I honestly can't call anyone my age cute or hot let alone handsome which would be a true crime. I think cuz I take into consideration how immature they are. The sophistication of it all, it wins me over!:D And their not men either...:p

let's be friends. i'm mailing you my e-mail. you must me my long lost sibling!!!! we have soooooooooooooooo much to talk about! :D

Im 18 but Male and im the opposite; i can't find a women who appreciates my maturity or sophistication or one who has a similiar mindset. Not that i care that much though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom