Morrissey song titles - sometimes confusing?

What is behind 'Sister I'm a Poet'?

Love PTxx.

Hi,

what about the title 'Southpaw (?) grammar' ?

Thank you.

"Southpaw" is a word used to describe boxers who lead with their left-hand.

The album was released in 1995, at the height of Morrissey's boxing obsession and his alledged relationship with Jake, who is an ex-boxer.

I'm not entirely sure what the "grammar" part of the title means, but I suppose the title as a whole is just a summing up of Morrissey's thoughts and interests at that time.

I always thought it was a reference to the "language of the left."

A Swallow on my Neck is allegedly about Jake, who apparently liked fake tattoos. So it could refer to a lovebite or a tatt or both.

The rubber ring thing is cool, I didn't even think about it being slang for an LP. That's genius.

Off-topic: Young and Alive, I cannot stop watching your signature. LOL! What on earth is going on there? xD

A Swallow on my Neck is allegedly about Jake, who apparently liked fake tattoos. So it could refer to a lovebite or a tatt or both.

The rubber ring thing is cool, I didn't even think about it being slang for an LP. That's genius.

Off-topic: Young and Alive, I cannot stop watching your signature. LOL! What on earth is going on there? xD

It's Mr John Martin Maher playfully pushing Our Moz on stage, for an encore I think:)

Back
Top Bottom