Morrissey song sounding like Bohemian Rhapsody?

D

Dag Solstad

Does anybody knows if Morrissey have a song that sounds like Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody? Or with the same kind of memorable operatic magnitude?

Does anybody knows if Morrissey have a song that sounds like Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody? Or with the same kind of memorable operatic magnitude?
Not similar melodies but both 'My Love I'd Do Anything For You' and 'I Will See You In Far Off Places' have what I'd call a similar operatic magnitude.

I'd say Life Is A Pigsty is similar because of the frequent musical changes and epic, ballad-like structure

At Last I Am Born?

‘My life is opera’

- Morrissey

Personally, I think Art Hounds is great but Gangland is pretty mediocre.

Honestly don't get the love for this song..... it's awful, makes me cringe and run for the skip button.

The [one] live version was much better.

Queen is the definition of a perversely overrated band. They are awful in the extreme. And Freddie’s theatrics/antics/histrionics makes me cringe each and every time I’m exposed to them. He was technically proficient, but that is IT.

Let's face it - The Kid's a Looker would have been improved by a 4 minute opera break in the middle.

I'd say Life Is A Pigsty is similar because of the frequent musical changes and epic, ballad-like structure
This. It’s my opinion as well that it is the last REALLY great Morrissey song. Many good tunes since, but nothing of this level. I find it appealing in part because it has that drama and multi-chapter vibe (like an opera and like BR by Queen). These are the only similarities though.

Back
Top Bottom