Morrissey-solo upgraded to Xenforo 2.1

Welcome to the upgraded Morrissey-solo, we're now on the latest Xenforo software at version 2.1. Some things may appear the same but under the surface almost everything has changed. Take a look around and if you have any questions or find any bugs please post in this thread. I have incorporated some of the requests and suggestions that have been made on the site but after spending some time with it keep sending feedback.

Some of the new features include 'reactions' which replaces the old ratings system. New options with posts include native emoji support, improved media recognition and improved mobile support. If you want to hide anonymous posts by default that option is now an option in preferences. Emails from the site haven't been working for the last week or so for a different reason, that's being worked on.

This was a major research and development effort over the last year on my end and over the last 5+ years on the Xenforo / add-on developer end. This will set up ease of upgrading in the future and potentially a lot of new features.

Thanks to all who continue to support Morrissey-solo in a positive way. Special thanks goes to @Famous when dead for stepping up to help with the news and tour coverage. I was able to focus on getting this big upgrade done.

Last edited:
@davidt I guess I could understand you taking the troll rating away, but, would really be nice to get the redundant and insightful rating back.

I don’t see the sad or wow rating to be useful.

Thanks in advance.

:)

@davidt I guess I could understand you taking the troll rating away, but, would really be nice to get the redundant and insightful rating back.

Thanks in advance.

At least it's not as bad as twitter where you have to press a sodding love heart if you feel socially obliged to respond, but you don't feel an RT or reply would be appropriate.

Thanks in advance.

Adjustments can be made but those two weren't used that often and I figured it's better too simplify a bit and those would be covered enough by "Like" and recently added back "Interesting". If you have a good reaction image for those two I may consider adding them back.

I see "Wow" hasn't really taken off. Maybe it does need to be changed to VH's suggestion "Wowe" to get a boost. Who agrees?

Last edited:
Adjustments can be made but those two weren't used that often and I figured it's better too simplify a bit and those would be covered enough by "Like" and recently added back "Interesting". If you have a good reaction image for those two I may consider adding them back.

I see "Wow" hasn't really taken off. Maybe it does need to be changed to VH's suggestion "Wowe" to get a boost. Who agrees?

Makin’ money moves, Mistah T.
9FCE0B64-8F3D-4D7E-B6C7-4618383FC651.jpeg

It's a bit early in the year to be vying for the nice list! ??
My practical side says: everyone using the site would need to know what it means to avoid you being inundated with 'did you know you've got a typo in the ratings system' messages.
That said, what's the worst that could happen!?
Regards,
FWD.

I’m sorry, guess it’s just me that used the redundant rating a lot. lol.

Except for the condolence thread I don’t see the use of the sad rating.

And maybe the the wow will be used in a sarcastic way, but some may take
it as a compliment too? So it’s not very direct.

Well, I said enough on this silly concern. Still trying to get use to the new format, everything seems smaller/compact.

Just my two cents and all.

Thanks.

It's a bit early in the year to be vying for the nice list! ??
My practical side says: everyone using the site would need to know what it means to avoid you being inundated with 'did you know you've got a typo in the ratings system' messages.
That said, what's the worst that could happen!?
Regards,
FWD.

My nice list lasts all year!

3525E42A-59D5-455C-9DC4-FB84B70ADFFB.jpeg

I’m sorry, guess it’s just me that used the redundant rating a lot. lol.

Except for the condolence thread I don’t see the use of the sad rating.

And maybe the the wow will be used in a sarcastic way, but some may take
it as a compliment too? So it’s not very direct.

Well, I said enough on this silly concern. Still trying to get use to the new format, everything seems smaller.

Just my two cents and all.

Thanks.

What do you think of wowe?

@davidt i really love how much longer the logged in sessions are now. it's such a better experience not having to log in every time you visit. thanks again for everything you do here.

@davidt i really love how much longer the logged in sessions are now. it's such a better experience not having to log in every time you visit. thanks again for everything you do here.

I never log in. Lol.

Been coming here for 20 years but have to leave now for a number of reasons. Great work on the upgrade and all the best to David and the others.

You never log out. Lol.

No. I just close the tab and when I open the site again I’m still logged in. Its like Star Trek shit.

The site doesn’t love you like it loves me...thats why it welcomes me with open arms. You’re one of those people that have to wait behind the ropes with a crumpled up $50 waiting to get in and I’m the one that just walks right in with a handsome man on my arm.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom