Morrissey-solo upgraded to Xenforo 2.1

Welcome to the upgraded Morrissey-solo, we're now on the latest Xenforo software at version 2.1. Some things may appear the same but under the surface almost everything has changed. Take a look around and if you have any questions or find any bugs please post in this thread. I have incorporated some of the requests and suggestions that have been made on the site but after spending some time with it keep sending feedback.

Some of the new features include 'reactions' which replaces the old ratings system. New options with posts include native emoji support, improved media recognition and improved mobile support. If you want to hide anonymous posts by default that option is now an option in preferences. Emails from the site haven't been working for the last week or so for a different reason, that's being worked on.

This was a major research and development effort over the last year on my end and over the last 5+ years on the Xenforo / add-on developer end. This will set up ease of upgrading in the future and potentially a lot of new features.

Thanks to all who continue to support Morrissey-solo in a positive way. Special thanks goes to @Famous when dead for stepping up to help with the news and tour coverage. I was able to focus on getting this big upgrade done.

Last edited:
I can't answer that because I don't know. I doubt that an upgrade would change sensitive data and if it did then I think users would have to be asked to agree to new terms and condition of use. I think the new site does offer greater accessibilty. I can see it more clearly than I could the old one making it more accessible to me. Interpretation, I guess?

Lovely job, David. Me and a lot of people appreciate what you do for this brilliant site that you created. Even though we might rarely say thanks.

I'd like to add my thanks and admiration to @davidt for his work - the website is looking and behaving superbly.
I notice that someone now has an animated gif profile pic - is that a new feature or was that always an option?

Each thread shows avatar/username of thread creator. I would prefer if each thread showed an avatar or username of the last person responding to the thread. Clicking on the name could possibly take you to the last reply of the thread which would be quicker way of navigating through the thread. Is it doable?
Also, posting pictures doesn’t work on my phone. As an anonymous user I had the same problem before. It worked on my other devices but not on my phone.

I'd like to add my thanks and admiration to @davidt for his work - the website is looking and behaving superbly.
I notice that someone now has an animated gif profile pic - is that a new feature or was that always an option?
A new option.
Regards,
FWD.

The reactions have been updated with a new add-on that updates the interface and also addresses an issue to match previous functionality of anonymous users not being able to see the identity of the ratings.

I'm taking a look at using a different 'latest posts' widget, it doesn't show any name if anonymous. Should be updated later today.

Cool.

It seems that anonymous can now see
who gave them ratings? Just wondering, unless this anon has a registered account also.

The top of the screen is valuable especially on mobile and putting a page select right there doesn't seem to be the best use. I don't use the page select that often so others may find that useful... anyone?

Another thing that might be useful is putting a page select at the top as well as on the bottom like on my forum.

View attachment 54634

Check the post right before yours, a new reactions add-on has been activated which doesn't show who rated to anonymous users.

Cool.

It seems that anonymous can now see
who gave them ratings? Just wondering, unless this anon has a registered account also.

New

Absolutely brilliant David. Thank you for all the hard work. No other site can compete. Long live the “Online Hateful Crèche” and all who sail with her.

?? :knife:

Emails are being sent now but I'm seeing that the Microsoft hosts (live.co.uk, hotmail, outlook) are not sending them through as they are reported as spam or something. Hopefully will resolved that in the next day.

Emails are being sent now but I'm seeing that the Microsoft hosts (live.co.uk, hotmail, outlook) are not sending them through as they are reported as spam or something. Hopefully will resolved that in the next day.
My last email (to Hotmail UK) stopped going to my inbox on the 12th and I had email notifications on throughout testing and yesterday and found the rest have landed in spam folder since that date.
(I check my email regularly if you need to test anything).
Regards,
FWD.

I have needlessly complicated things. I switched to a yahoo email trying to fix the problem myself but I'm not getting a confirmation email. Sorry for not just waiting.
Thank you.

What are push notifications, are they like normal phone notifications?
Basically yes - assuming you are using a mobile device.
When on, almost all notifications that you can receive here will be 'pushed' to your phone - so that your phone rather than browser will alert you to anything you request in the preferences section (or you can have both push & alerts on if you wish!).
That can be replies to posts, ratings, PMs et al...
I turned it on yesterday and it got a bit overwhelming with every post triggering something on my phone - so a close study of the preferences is advised - you can scale down the amount of things that trigger notifications.
Go to your account ? preferences ? right hand column, just below 'Ignore anonymous' - click enable push notifications for a comprehensive list of all the things you want switched on or off. Obviously, click it again to disable the feature.
I believe this feature is slightly different on a PC when compared to a phone (relying on the browser itself), but you can tailor it to suit your needs either way.
Regards,
FWD.

Looks like it did go through. Did you check the spam folder?

I have needlessly complicated things. I switched to a yahoo email trying to fix the problem myself but I'm not getting a confirmation email. Sorry for not just waiting.
Thank you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom