Morrissey-solo upgraded to Xenforo 2.1

Welcome to the upgraded Morrissey-solo, we're now on the latest Xenforo software at version 2.1. Some things may appear the same but under the surface almost everything has changed. Take a look around and if you have any questions or find any bugs please post in this thread. I have incorporated some of the requests and suggestions that have been made on the site but after spending some time with it keep sending feedback.

Some of the new features include 'reactions' which replaces the old ratings system. New options with posts include native emoji support, improved media recognition and improved mobile support. If you want to hide anonymous posts by default that option is now an option in preferences. Emails from the site haven't been working for the last week or so for a different reason, that's being worked on.

This was a major research and development effort over the last year on my end and over the last 5+ years on the Xenforo / add-on developer end. This will set up ease of upgrading in the future and potentially a lot of new features.

Thanks to all who continue to support Morrissey-solo in a positive way. Special thanks goes to @Famous when dead for stepping up to help with the news and tour coverage. I was able to focus on getting this big upgrade done.

Last edited:
Getting technical for a moment: David, I'm not getting automatic alerts for replies to posts unless I refresh the page. Any idea why this might be?

Taking a look. Where did you get the alert before without refreshing?

I'm experiencing the same issue, so from my perspective, I never refreshed...they just appeared as a red tag with 1, 2 or however many there were, at the 'alarm bell' icon.
Refreshing was never necessary, but it seems to be the case at the moment, despite all options being ticked in preferences. On the old system, simply moving the mouse over the red tag alert notice would auto display what the alerts were in relation to.

@davidt first of all thanks for the upgrade and new features (y)

I was wondering if Anonymous could be labeled as Anonymous even if they give themselves a title in the ‘latest posts’ down on the homepage?

As example, instead of the title ‘Benny the British...’ it would state ‘Anonymous user’ and instead of a big B if they are not a registered user/member then it would be a big A for Anonymous.

Thanks in advance :)

I'm taking a look at using a different 'latest posts' widget, it doesn't show any name if anonymous. Should be updated later today.

Thanks! It was visible on every page, in the black bar at the top - the little red square with the number of alerts in it. So you could see it on the home page, but alerts would also show up if you were busy elsewhere on the site.

Thanks! It was visible on every page, in the black bar at the top - the little red square with the number of alerts in it. So you could see it on the home page, but alerts would also show up if you were busy elsewhere on the site.

If you were actively in a post, then I also used to get an oblong notification at bottom left 'you have received an alert' type of message.

Got it. That was part of the 'live update' add-on which was not updated for version 2. There is a different one that has similar functionality, I'll look into installing that today.

If you were actively in a post, then I also used to get an oblong notification at bottom left 'you have received an alert' type of message.

Hi David at the bottom of the latest posts section, you used to be able to see earlier posts, that seems to have disappeared?

The new live updates add-on has been installed. There isn't a notice on the bottom left but the alert icons and browser tabs should get updated without requiring a page load now.

Since a true troll's sole purpose is to provoke a reaction, principally for attention, the solution is simple. There are quite a few serial trolls here, but also people who post strongly-worded, provocative things because it's their actual point of view, and they shouldn't be silenced just because people disagree with them. There are also people who post the same thing over and over, but I'm also not convinced this necessarily counts as trolling. Perhaps we need a 'Boring' emoji especially for them.
I took 'Love' as a 'stronger than Like' rating, which I rather like. Or possibly Love. But yes, Interesting was useful, and also Insightful.
yes, and now it has become even easier for all sorts of trolls to provoke their targets due to "greater accessibility" for anonymous users.

Thanks for the new upgrade David.

Sadly, the programme doesn't recognise my IP, I've cable and since aug. 2017 when moving back to got the same cable company, only moved from a city, to a village nearby...to come to the point...I had to log in, I come here since 1999/2000, and had more upgrades, sadly so much semi gouvernment in the Netherlands you have a Digi D [an internet ID]...have so much passwords, I realy don't know my password, and I seem always went well in the past with the software update/upgrade. I won't register as a member, as my nick 'celibate' is attached to this website, I ask you if you can help me, I won't go anonymous, and not taking another nick, after20 years the same. I hope we can sort it out. Greetings from the Netherlands...
celibate im sure it will get fixed and you will be fine.

Thanks David for all you do. Checking on this site for so many years has been a positive experience. Deeply appreciate it.

yes, and now it has become even easier for all sorts of trolls to provoke their targets due to "greater accessibility" for anonymous users.

I might be wrong here but I read that as accessible to people with a diverse range of hearing, movement, sight, and other issues. With the changes the site is easier to navigate, fonts are better, text is clearer/sharper, headers stand out more etc. I often had to squint at text on the old site. The new site just looks better.

I might be wrong here but I read that as accessible to people with a diverse range of hearing, movement, sight, and other issues. With the changes the site is easier to navigate, fonts are better, text is clearer/sharper, headers stand out more etc. I often had to squint at text on the old site. The new site just looks better.
i read it as "greater accessibility" to information of registered users.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom