Morrissey-solo upgraded to Xenforo 2.1

Welcome to the upgraded Morrissey-solo, we're now on the latest Xenforo software at version 2.1. Some things may appear the same but under the surface almost everything has changed. Take a look around and if you have any questions or find any bugs please post in this thread. I have incorporated some of the requests and suggestions that have been made on the site but after spending some time with it keep sending feedback.

Some of the new features include 'reactions' which replaces the old ratings system. New options with posts include native emoji support, improved media recognition and improved mobile support. If you want to hide anonymous posts by default that option is now an option in preferences. Emails from the site haven't been working for the last week or so for a different reason, that's being worked on.

This was a major research and development effort over the last year on my end and over the last 5+ years on the Xenforo / add-on developer end. This will set up ease of upgrading in the future and potentially a lot of new features.

Thanks to all who continue to support Morrissey-solo in a positive way. Special thanks goes to @Famous when dead for stepping up to help with the news and tour coverage. I was able to focus on getting this big upgrade done.

Last edited:
Ok parece que funciona mas rapido ojala que sea asi!!!! Aha estoy como nene con juguete nuevo congratulations!!!:tiphat:

Looking great, David, thank you! I am liking the new choice of ratings, and particularly pleased to note the removal of the much-abused 'Troll' rating. Good call :thumb:

Last edited:
Just one thing: I seem to have lost the feature in the Latest Posts column where I could see the first few words of whatever each of the posters had said. Perhaps this is down to my settings/preferences? It was a useful feature because it told you whether or not it was worth clicking on the link to read the post.

????????????????????????? the world approves.

Just one thing: I seem to have lost the feature in the Latest Posts column where I could see the first few words of whatever each of the posters had said. Perhaps this is down to my settings/preferences? It was a useful feature because it told you whether or not it was worth clicking on the link to read the post.

I didn't realize those few words were important. I'll find the version that provides that feature and update shortly.

Something I just noticed is that you can no longer select the page of a thread without entering the thread first.

QUE verguenza pero no se como se hace para dar un me gusta o no me gusta a una publicacion alguien me puede explicar??

Another thing that might be useful is putting a page select at the top as well as on the bottom like on my forum.

940600E3-1022-45E4-A41B-377AA45CB900.jpeg

Looks good, although when looking at latest posts on the home screen, I can’t seem to look at earlier ones like you could before?

QUE verguenza pero no se como se hace para dar un me gusta o no me gusta a una publicacion alguien me puede explicar??
That feature is available to users that register an account.
Regards,
FWD.

Looks very good, big thanks for all the hard work to everyone involved.

Thanks for the new upgrade David.

Sadly, the programme doesn't recognise my IP, I've cable and since aug. 2017 when moving back to got the same cable company, only moved from a city, to a village nearby...to come to the point...I had to log in, I come here since 1999/2000, and had more upgrades, sadly so much semi gouvernment in the Netherlands you have a Digi D [an internet ID]...have so much passwords, I realy don't know my password, and I seem always went well in the past with the software update/upgrade. I won't register as a member, as my nick 'celibate' is attached to this website, I ask you if you can help me, I won't go anonymous, and not taking another nick, after20 years the same. I hope we can sort it out. Greetings from the Netherlands...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom