Morrissey-solo turns 25 (February 12, 2022)

Today Morrissey-solo reaches the 25 year milestone. Starting out as a few static HTML pages initially, there have been constant improvements in the technology in the years that followed. Some things aren't too different. Back in 1997 we were anticipating a new Morrissey album on a new label. Some ex-Smiths had just been arguing in court, recently some arguments over social media. People still like seeing Morrissey sightings. Many releases and tours later on, I'm still as interested in what's going on and what's to come.

Thank you to all who still visit and post, the contributions are the main reason the site still goes on. The depth of coverage and historical archive on the site is something I just don't see on other platforms. One part of the site I'd like to mention is the Morrissey-solo Wiki, which has been in existence for almost 10 years now. Within the last year has started to quietly become one of the best and updated resources of Morrissey / Smiths related information such as songs, tours and influences, aggregating a lot of the good content around the site. Special thanks to Famous when dead for his amazing efforts towards the wiki in addition to the continual help and contributions on the whole.

davidt

Today Morrissey-solo reaches the 25 year milestone. Starting out as a few static HTML pages initially, there have been constant improvements in the technology in the years that followed. Some things aren't too different. Back in 1997 we were anticipating a new Morrissey album on a new label. Some ex-Smiths had just been arguing in court, recently some arguments over social media. People still like seeing Morrissey sightings. Many releases and tours later on, I'm still as interested in what's going on and what's to come.

Thank you to all who still visit and post, the contributions are the main reason the site still goes on. The depth of coverage and historical archive on the site is something I just don't see on other platforms. One part of the site I'd like to mention is the Morrissey-solo Wiki, which has been in existence for almost 10 years now. Within the last year has started to quietly become one of the best and updated resources of Morrissey / Smiths related information such as songs, tours and influences, aggregating a lot of the good content around the site. Special thanks to Famous when dead for his amazing efforts towards the wiki in addition to the continual help and contributions on the whole.

davidt
Congrats David!

Congratulations David for what is undoubtedly the best fan site on the internet, of any artist. It is such a good site that bitter old former fans can't stay away. We have all grown older with you together. Some, not so wiser. Here's to another 25 years - at the very least!

25 Years ?

Some of you like Morrissey.
Some of you do not.
Some of you are intelligent.
Some of you not.

Hazard x
Lancashire

Congrats David. I still remember finding this site in May 1997, then meeting you in line at Massey Hall later that year and talking about it and being impressed by the passion you had for your project. I can't believe you and I have been meandering here for 25 years. Wow. Time certainly flies, doesn't it? Well this place has been part of my life as it has been yours, so thank-you. Best of success to you going forward.

Thank you, David. This is an amazing site and you have done a wonderful job making a great place for all of us to come and discuss all things Morrissey.

To David and Famous and those in the background,
Without whom ..........

A huge thank you to you all.

I have much respect for all your
Enduring efforts on here.

We shall all fight the good fight .

VIVA SOLO

VIVA MORRISSEY

Your patience and dedication are a testament to your character. I should have hung out with you more on the 91- 92 tour.

Thank you so much DavidT for your amazing work over so many years!!!! It’s amazing that you have kept going through everything. I wish Morrissey would thank you himself…maybe one day.

And thank you to Famous When Dead, your contributions and kindness are legendary!!

FWD is a modern day Page of the Oracle & Ceefax. Staggering human hard drive with unrivalled knowledge.
Well done all.

Hey David, what's up. Matt B checkin in from NYC. I remember when it started! I really barely ever post comments really, but I always appreciate moz-solo for quick updates from dedicated fan base. Really cool thing you did! Amazing it's been 25 years! Still the best! Hope things are good with you! We started a website @ https://OneGreatWorkNetwork.com if interested. Teaching natural law, health & wellness and true anarchy. Best, Matt

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom