Morrissey-solo turns 25 (February 12, 2022)

Today Morrissey-solo reaches the 25 year milestone. Starting out as a few static HTML pages initially, there have been constant improvements in the technology in the years that followed. Some things aren't too different. Back in 1997 we were anticipating a new Morrissey album on a new label. Some ex-Smiths had just been arguing in court, recently some arguments over social media. People still like seeing Morrissey sightings. Many releases and tours later on, I'm still as interested in what's going on and what's to come.

Thank you to all who still visit and post, the contributions are the main reason the site still goes on. The depth of coverage and historical archive on the site is something I just don't see on other platforms. One part of the site I'd like to mention is the Morrissey-solo Wiki, which has been in existence for almost 10 years now. Within the last year has started to quietly become one of the best and updated resources of Morrissey / Smiths related information such as songs, tours and influences, aggregating a lot of the good content around the site. Special thanks to Famous when dead for his amazing efforts towards the wiki in addition to the continual help and contributions on the whole.

davidt

you da man, david!!! :rock:

Thank you David and congrats on the milestone. I am grateful I can recall those early days of the internet and those early Morrissey fan pages. M-solo brought an active community with constant updates rather than just refreshing pages of the few Moz fan sites that existed looking for something that was updated.

You truly built something real and meaningful to so many with this site. I recall the journals, some of the people I met from here, the concert reviews...and I still come here, staying abreast of what is happening with the most interesting Morrissey.

Thank you,

Smiths - my actual username I was able to get when this started.

Thanks all. Being involved in a similar project I know what a thankless job it can be, at times.
So, again, thank you.

I've been using this site for its entire existence. It's literally one of my favorite places on the web.

Thanks for all that you do, David, and PLEASE keep it going!!!

It's a great site David and as others have said friendships have been formed through the site which has led to meeting up at gigs and keeping in touch. It's also sad that due to the site being in existence for so long, some regular posters have passed away and their contributions are missed.

David,

From your loyal readers in El Paso, Texas, thank you for your continued support helping us promote the countless Morrissey/Smiths celebrations we’ve had since you kicked off your wonderful site.

Not a regular poster to the site, but a near daily visitor since the beginning. Thank you, David, for all the work you put into this site and sticking with it through the years and negativity that has been hurled at the site and you, personally.

Today Morrissey-solo reaches the 25 year milestone. Starting out as a few static HTML pages initially, there have been constant improvements in the technology in the years that followed. Some things aren't too different. Back in 1997 we were anticipating a new Morrissey album on a new label. Some ex-Smiths had just been arguing in court, recently some arguments over social media. People still like seeing Morrissey sightings. Many releases and tours later on, I'm still as interested in what's going on and what's to come.

Thank you to all who still visit and post, the contributions are the main reason the site still goes on. The depth of coverage and historical archive on the site is something I just don't see on other platforms. One part of the site I'd like to mention is the Morrissey-solo Wiki, which has been in existence for almost 10 years now. Within the last year has started to quietly become one of the best and updated resources of Morrissey / Smiths related information such as songs, tours and influences, aggregating a lot of the good content around the site. Special thanks to Famous when dead for his amazing efforts towards the wiki in addition to the continual help and contributions on the whole.

davidt
When I got internet installed in the house I grew up, this was one of the earliest websites I went….in a time before Google even existed. I still have MP3s from that time, transferred from PC to PC to PC to WinAmp player to iPod.
To all of the sharers of numerous musical memories over the years….thanks ever so much. @davidt. Congratulations upon reaching a most impressive milestone. Whatever comes to pass in the future Mozwise, it doesn’t take away from your achievement. And I know I’m not alone in saying this. ❤️✨🎂🌸😘

Very new to this. Very grateful - especially to the obvious generous help of FWD, but of course I realise there is less obvious generosity without which this would not exist. Thank you!

davidt
Happy anniversary, David...I am one of those who have been with you in the long haul. I come here virtually almost every day since you started. I still remember when you posted about the first tour here in Brazil back in 2000. Congratulations on your awesome work.

Top guy, that David T. I reckon only AztecCamera has contributed more to this site than FWD.

Thanks for all your hard work over the years David.

I’ve followed this site since I first had access to the internet at college in 1998. For so many years, this site was one of the very few outlets keeping the flag flying during the barren years between Maladjusted and You Are The Quarry. Though I don’t post much now, I still regularly check the site and for the past 20 odd years this has been the place to visit for Morrissey news.

I don’t think many folk would have carried on with this site after some of the flak you’ve had for it over the years.

I couldn’t be happier recommending @Famous when dead as a moderator. I was frankly surprised that you weren’t made one sooner! Your archiving skills/knowledge is profound.

What’s your star sign? That might explain a few things. :D

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom