Morrissey-solo turns 25 (February 12, 2022)

Today Morrissey-solo reaches the 25 year milestone. Starting out as a few static HTML pages initially, there have been constant improvements in the technology in the years that followed. Some things aren't too different. Back in 1997 we were anticipating a new Morrissey album on a new label. Some ex-Smiths had just been arguing in court, recently some arguments over social media. People still like seeing Morrissey sightings. Many releases and tours later on, I'm still as interested in what's going on and what's to come.

Thank you to all who still visit and post, the contributions are the main reason the site still goes on. The depth of coverage and historical archive on the site is something I just don't see on other platforms. One part of the site I'd like to mention is the Morrissey-solo Wiki, which has been in existence for almost 10 years now. Within the last year has started to quietly become one of the best and updated resources of Morrissey / Smiths related information such as songs, tours and influences, aggregating a lot of the good content around the site. Special thanks to Famous when dead for his amazing efforts towards the wiki in addition to the continual help and contributions on the whole.

davidt

Congratulations to Solo for informing me all about my favorite singer, here is everything about him, I do not like it when people appear who get angry with Moz and disrespect him, continue with all the info of Morrissey!!! He in the background likes it here because many lp adore and we are his shield against the bad vibes who have hatred towards him I love Moz Viva the mega Moz!! My Mozuchis ! Your Argentina fan, Dr.!!!! Lu!!!! Woman Lu!!!

David, hats off to you. Your dedication is second to none. While I've certainly had some gripes about some of the policies here... e.g., allowing anons to comment, I do appreciate all that you've done over the years (special shout out to @Famous when dead as well). Here's to 25 more!

Wow. Time moves so fast. Thanks David and to everyone else who make solo possible. I’ve been here for 21 years now and look forward to many more!

Congratulations! I'm a Morrissey 1990 fan and since then I've been visiting this site daily. Main source of information for the real ones. In the troubled and unfair times we live in, with anti-Morrissey people everywhere, this site continues to represent a kind of hope for all of us. Thank you David!

Thank you to you and FWD and many others for your dedication and consistenc.
I do find this site endlessly more informative and engaging than Morrissey’s own website, be it Central or his former TTY.

There are a lot of comments about how bad this site is, with anon posters, liars, gossip-mongers etc.
I’ve found that there are a lot more funny, likeable people on here than people credit it for. If you post in the right place, and don’t go too far, members are generally nice and up for a laugh.

From someone here since almost the beginning, someone who’s been known by several different guises (not ‘cos of dismissal from the previous) someone involved in serious relationships with and has made formerly sustainable friendships that have involved trips across oceans to visit other members of this community, someone that comes here as consistently as any other website even this many years later - thank you. This website has changed my life in the context of it being a constant for almost 25 years. My life has somehow been arranged in the context in Morrissey’s ups and downs.
I remember writing in on a WAP enabled cell phone from under the covers of my bed to report a Morrissey session on Janice Long’s show, and that makes me feel a little bit like I was at the forefont of some sort of history. I’ll take what I can get!
Through Msolo I’ve witnessed infidelity, seen the creation of new relationsips, stayed in the arse end of the world and met some f***ing weird and wonderful people. Thank you, David T. I met you once but was pretty shy.

Been here since around 1999 when i had to go to check things out at an internet cafe. I was following that tour and went to 3 shows inc the opening at Rock city, stayed in the same hotel as Sack and had a beer with them nice lads. It was lovely and refreshing to read up to the minute responses to the shows.

Happy 25th Birthday to the “Online Hateful Crèche”
Shame we can’t have a re-union with some of the wonderful big name contributors from the old days (you know who you are).
There’s only a handful of us left these days.
Cheers 🍺

Benny 🇬🇧🔪 🥳 🎂 🎉

Thanks for all your work on the site David. I've been a regular viewer for the last 24 years at least and it's brought me enormous pleasure to keep up with all the news etc. There must have been some really tough times and it's impressive that you kept going. Much appreciated!

I’m a mere 8 years here but there’s some funny stuff in the archive.. well done

Today Morrissey-solo reaches the 25 year milestone. Starting out as a few static HTML pages initially, there have been constant improvements in the technology in the years that followed. Some things aren't too different. Back in 1997 we were anticipating a new Morrissey album on a new label. Some ex-Smiths had just been arguing in court, recently some arguments over social media. People still like seeing Morrissey sightings. Many releases and tours later on, I'm still as interested in what's going on and what's to come.

Thank you to all who still visit and post, the contributions are the main reason the site still goes on. The depth of coverage and historical archive on the site is something I just don't see on other platforms. One part of the site I'd like to mention is the Morrissey-solo Wiki, which has been in existence for almost 10 years now. Within the last year has started to quietly become one of the best and updated resources of Morrissey / Smiths related information such as songs, tours and influences, aggregating a lot of the good content around the site. Special thanks to Famous when dead for his amazing efforts towards the wiki in addition to the continual help and contributions on the whole.

davidt
It’s just a pity your website has been hijacked by mostly hate filled wanks. Big up to the fans however. I just wish the haters would f**k off- They bring nothing!

davidt

David,
I don't post often, but I wanted to express a sincere thank you for the last 25 years. Half my life ago, I found this site within a month of its launch and I've been a frequent visitor ever since. This has consistently been an invaluable source of reliable information and I am very grateful. I know it hasn't always been easy for you and you've endured some difficult periods, but for what its worth, I've always stuck by you.
Thank you and congratulations!

Congrats David Tsjeng, and all the ones who helped Him with giving info. Also the massive visistors who kept this the best website about the Smiths and ofcourse Morrissey.

Viva Morrissey-solo... and congrats everyone.

WAS a great site now its relegated to a good site.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom