Morrissey-solo turns 25 (February 12, 2022)

Today Morrissey-solo reaches the 25 year milestone. Starting out as a few static HTML pages initially, there have been constant improvements in the technology in the years that followed. Some things aren't too different. Back in 1997 we were anticipating a new Morrissey album on a new label. Some ex-Smiths had just been arguing in court, recently some arguments over social media. People still like seeing Morrissey sightings. Many releases and tours later on, I'm still as interested in what's going on and what's to come.

Thank you to all who still visit and post, the contributions are the main reason the site still goes on. The depth of coverage and historical archive on the site is something I just don't see on other platforms. One part of the site I'd like to mention is the Morrissey-solo Wiki, which has been in existence for almost 10 years now. Within the last year has started to quietly become one of the best and updated resources of Morrissey / Smiths related information such as songs, tours and influences, aggregating a lot of the good content around the site. Special thanks to Famous when dead for his amazing efforts towards the wiki in addition to the continual help and contributions on the whole.

davidt

Today Morrissey-solo reaches the 25 year milestone. Starting out as a few static HTML pages initially, there have been constant improvements in the technology in the years that followed. Some things aren't too different. Back in 1997 we were anticipating a new Morrissey album on a new label. Some ex-Smiths had just been arguing in court, recently some arguments over social media. People still like seeing Morrissey sightings. Many releases and tours later on, I'm still as interested in what's going on and what's to come.

Thank you to all who still visit and post, the contributions are the main reason the site still goes on. The depth of coverage and historical archive on the site is something I just don't see on other platforms. One part of the site I'd like to mention is the Morrissey-solo Wiki, which has been in existence for almost 10 years now. Within the last year has started to quietly become one of the best and updated resources of Morrissey / Smiths related information such as songs, tours and influences, aggregating a lot of the good content around the site. Special thanks to Famous when dead for his amazing efforts towards the wiki in addition to the continual help and contributions on the whole.

davidt
Yes, thank you all, especially Famous when dead, for all your contributions. I hope that Morrissey fans will help and support this site.

My PayPal won't make the subscription fee transaction any more. Couldn't you create a credit card option?

davidt
Thanks for giving us a platform it is appreciated amongst the obvious mire. Viva Moz.

:p

Your dedication to chronicling Morrissey's career is obvious and there's little doubt this was his de facto website for many years when he didn't have a strong social media presence, and also as a main source where fans still come to find out the latest, including me.

Unfortunately, the comments section is kind of the worst. Would a different set of moderation standards at the beginning have helped? No way to know now. Maybe comments sections are like when people are passionate about an artist, both for and against? There are definitely other comments sections which are more civil and less psychotic. I'm not excusing myself btw.

Maybe this website simply reflects the artist somehow. If you come at the world with blazing guns they will not welcome you with open arms. They will return fire. Live by the s(word) and die by it, etc. Dunno, just thinking out loud.

I prefer less personal controversy these days, but have certainly had my share of sword fights too when I felt the stakes were warranted and I could live with the consequences, though there's ALWAYS an associated cost. That might just be how it goes.

Thank you David. I've lived in different parts of the world since 1997 and always felt that visiting Moz Solo was a little bit like coming home to a familiar and warm room. We've all had our ups and downs on this site through the years: frustration with Moz at times, frustration with ourselves and other posters, online warfare and the inevitable apologetic messages. But we, the fans, continue to come back over and over to this site to meander in the Moz multiverse.

Thanks also to FWD for his tireless dedication and absolute neutrality when faced with obsessively opposed opinions between fans.

Viva Morrissey-Solo.

Last edited:
What housework said...

Thank you David. I've lived in different parts of the world since 1997 and always felt that visiting Moz Solo was a little bit like coming home to a familiar and warm room. We've all had our ups and downs on this site through the years: frustration with Moz at times, frustration with ourselves and other posters, online warfare and the inevitable apologetic messages. But we, the fans, continue to come back over and over to this site to meander in the Moz multiverse.

Viva Morrissey-Solo.
Top post 👍

Congratulations, that is a hell of a milestone. 25 year no less!!
It's one of the very few sites I've been visiting almost daily for the last 22 years.

Hopefully Morrissey will agree that this site is for the promotion of him and Smiths. Here are real fans who love Moz, like me who am a simple fan, simple because I am not a troll nobody pays me to write and sometimes I eat. real fan I criticize Moz if I don't agree,. Ojaalá Moz value the many fans who come here to find out how his career and his life are going in a selfless way and with only one reason: LOVE morrissey !!!! I am your number 1 fan of Argentina Moz

Back
Top Bottom