Morrissey-solo 20 years old today (Feb. 12, 2017)

Today marks 20 years since Morrissey-solo was launched on February 12, 1997. It's been a thrill to work on this site that still consistently averages over 100,000 unique visitors / month. This is a testament to the legacy and interest that Morrissey continually generates and countless small and large contributions from those touched by the music. Thank you to those who have kept it going.

Although it's been through several major redesigns, growing along with the internet itself, in many ways the site is the same as it was when it started - independent and self-supported, open and self-correcting. If you just started visiting or have been for many years, I hope you have enjoyed the freedom that the site allows despite the occasional offense and peril that may have ensued.

20 years to be doing anything I think is a great accomplishment and shows it's here for the long term. I hope you find a project like this to work on that you feel as passionate about.

39654_moz_solo_king_cat_hollywood.jpg

Image for the 20 year anniversary created by King Cat Hollywood, limited edition T-shirts may be available shortly.

UPDATE Mar. 4:
T-shirt purchase details posted by kingcathollywood / Instagram.

Last edited:
Thanks David, great site, been a regular visitor for maybe 10 years, can't say I'm expecting one but will their be TTY tribute? :flowers:

Congrats David. I remember when I first got the internet in 97, I registered on this site. I forgot my user name back then. Anyway I posted my review of the 1997 Raleigh, NC show. I was so amazed that you could instantly post a review back then. I also sent my review to Julia that she published in the next edition of True To You. I still have that copy.
My review isn't in this snap shot, but here was a glimpse of Moz-solo in 1997..

https://web.archive.org/web/19980216093154/http://morrissey-solo.com/tour/1997/raleigh.html

Today marks 20 years since Morrissey-solo was launched on February 12, 1997. It's been a thrill to work on this site that still consistently averages over 100,000 unique visitors / month. This is a testament to the legacy and interest that Morrissey continually generates and countless small and large contributions from those touched by the music. Thank you to those who have kept it going.

Although it's been through several major redesigns, growing along with the internet itself, in many ways the site is the same as it was when it started - independent and self-supported, open and self-correcting. If you just started visiting or have been for many years, I hope you have enjoyed the freedom that the site allows despite the occasional offense and peril that may have ensued.

20 years to be doing anything I think is a great accomplishment and shows it's here for the long term. I hope you find a project like this to work on that you feel as passionate about.

39654_moz_solo_king_cat_hollywood.jpg

Image for the 20 year anniversary created by King Cat Hollywood, limited edition T-shirts may be available shortly.
Happy Birthday Morrissey Solo. I truly had a memorable time for many years shared many wonderful times here. Met countless people who came and gone.
I wish you another 20 years of unhappy birthdays! : )

T T B STATEMENT :greatbritain::knife:

:birthdaycake: Happy 20th Birthday M-Solo aka The Online Hateful Crèche :ahhh::clap:

Cd's and t-shirts
Bots and debunkers oh !
Who knew it would last ?

CheeseGate ! CancerGate !
Pregnant Kate Nurse SuicideGate ohhh !
Who could have thought it would last ?

There's a cash register
Still ringing out
So 4K u Steve Barnett and Sanctuary

Dubliner ! Kerrygold !
4ck Morrissey Solo, twenty year old ohhh !

And that Benny the Bastard Butcher goes on
Debunking ! Debunking ! Debunking !

Here's to the next twenty years onboard the good ship solo
Cheers everyone and cheers also to absent friends.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::loveletter:

Twenty year anniversary T-Shirt ideas ?

There is a site and it never goes out.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::heartssuit:

Congratulations M-solo and many many thanks to David for all his patience and hard work.

I can't remember exactly when I first started visiting but I do remember being overseas with the army in 2002 and using some of my limited internet access to look over the site as often as possible. I was ( and remain ) very keen !

I've been visiting daily since the early days, even though I only registered in 2009.
People often forget that for a very long time this was the ONLY place where one could get regular updates in relation to anything Moz.

Many thanks for all the hard work over the years.

'We are here to stay'.

still is.

If my workplace did a check on the most visited website at the library (where I work), Morrissey Solo would be tops. I visit it multiple times daily. Thank you. Been a wild ride, eh Davit? Congrats.

Been coming here faithfully since the Maladjusted Tour - I think that''s close to the beginning.

Congrats, and thanks, to David on running the site for two decades - major accomplishment in internet terms.

A lot of other Moz resources have come and gone...

Thanks for all that this site has provided me over these years. Deeply appreciative. Few web sites get nearly a daily check in from me and this endeavour of yours is one.

Thanks again David for making it possible. ~Frost

Congratulations David !!!

This is by far the best and most informative Morrissey site despite some of the idiots who post on here .

It was a real lifeline back in the "wilderness" years for Morrissey fans and I would even say for Morrissey himself and continues to be my first stop for all things Morrissey related .

This site was so very, very good in its time, and for that, I thank you. There can't be many Moz fans who haven't at some stage visited these pages. Such a shame that it all went pear shaped and ended up as a hateful online crèche. It's also a shame, and a little ironic, that David & his Commander in Chief, Uncle Skinny, have ended up: A) no longer liking Morrissey's solo work, B) no longer attending live shows and C) looking for any opportunity to bad mouth him or attack him. There is NO D).

You're gonna miss him when he's gone.

Well done again for the years between 1997 and 2010 - they really were a light, and although the light may not have gone out, it is certainly very dark in here these days.

Rat

laugh all you want, gerrit! it's truuuuueeee. not only that but i feel certain from the vibes i got from his comment that we are soon to be wed. at least, thats what my tea leaves today told me.

i lied. i dont drink tea. *hangs head*

laugh all you want, gerrit! it's truuuuueeee. not only that but i feel certain from the vibes i got from his comment that we are soon to be wed. at least, thats what my tea leaves today told me.

i lied. i dont drink tea. *hangs head*

Try whisky.
Famous Grouse.
He likes a drink. (Or two)
It helps, really. :o

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom