morrissey soccer

As a 'boy' he lived a stone's throw from Old Trafford, so I believe his early leanings were out of the city of Manchester and into Trafford to support Trafford United - or, as they prefer to call themselves, Manchester United (spit).
He should, of course, support the only true Manchester team, Manchester City, but as the man himself remarked "there's always a fly in the ointment......"

Of course, the AYSO, American Youth Soccer Organization, team of 6 year olds, called "The Stockholm Monsters."

Our uniforms are a beautiful shade of purple. We all pretend to be vegetarian around Moz, when in reality most of us are sneaking out for a cheeseburger about twice a week. We do this in a very covert operation like manner, just like when J.Marr & S.Street, handed Moz some music, and when he asked if it was keyboard/piano/organ, they told him that it really was just a very special guitar. He believed it, nobody got hurt, and we're all better for him having recorded those songs. Also, before every match, there must a tree, not to be less than 3 feet in length, but no more than 4 feet in length, otherwise we don't play. We also require lots of gladiolas on the side of the pitch, otherwise we don't play. Our theme song is "Boxers" but we rarely lose a home game. In addition, to the normal half-time snack of sports drink (ex. Gatorade) and quartered oranges, we also require a parent to be ready to quote from the Complete Works of Oscar Wilde, should we feel like putting down the other team, in a manner that those other 6 year olds would never understand.

I hope this answered your question!

> Of course, the AYSO, American Youth Soccer Organization, team of 6 year
> olds, called "The Stockholm Monsters."

Sounds like my kinda team, where can i get a shirt?

Well it just so happens as I write this from Kingson Upon Thames I have just finished reading some letters and questions for a fanzine which my friend sent to Morrissey in 1982. On the page Morrissy has written in his childlike scrawl, "I like Liverpool". A turn up for the cards.

manchester utd, although he doesn't follow it anymore. and its called football

> does anybody know which soccer team morrissey likes?

Manchester United

> Manchester United

I was trying not to get involved in this post but as it's returning like a bad penny let this be the end of it.

Morrissey announced from the stage of Glasgow Barrowlands that "I Cannot STAND football".

Hope this helps.

He did like the Munichs because Cantona was his fave player (French Assaulter), i thought he had an interest in Alf Garnetts lot as well.

> He did like the Munichs because Cantona was his fave player (French
> Assaulter), i thought he had an interest in Alf Garnetts lot as well.

Trust me. He may have worn an Eric Cantona shirt but Moz wouldn't know the difference between :-

1) Eric Cantona

2) Catatonia

3) Kit e kat

4) Colonel Mustard.

5) Eric Estrada

Back
Top Bottom