Morrissey/Smith movie songs included on a soundtrack

S

starry night

Hey,

What movies has Morrissey or The Smiths had songs featured in?
I know the movie, Pretty in Pink had Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want. I was just wondering what other movies had them featured in it.

Thanks for any help and responses.

The Best scene in CLOSER had the entire "How Soon Is Now?" song playing in the background.....it was really good, too bad the movie as a whole totally sucked. [Death to Julia Roberts and Jude Law, please!]

Accoring to imdb, following films feature The Smiths songs:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Please, Please...)
She's Having a Baby (You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby)
How to Get Ahead in Advertising (Oscillate Wildly)
Shaun of the Dead ( Panic)
Closer ( How Soon Is Now?)
Sky High (Please, Please....)

In Morrissey's listing, he did guest appearance in a TV Show called "Silenci?".
Does anyone know about it?

Hey,
Thanks both of you.
OMG. How could I forget, The Wedding Singer had "How Soon is Now?" in it!

Charmed (How Soon Is Now?)

Although technically its a different band it's still a Smiths song! :D

Does anyone know why they didn't use The Smiths version?

I don't think The Smiths version was the kind of tempo/style they wanted. My guess is they liked the lyrics, just not the song.... if that's even possible :p

The Best scene in CLOSER had the entire "How Soon Is Now?" song playing in the background.....it was really good, too bad the movie as a whole totally sucked. [Death to Julia Roberts and Jude Law, please!]

Gawd, I remember that scene. Actually, that scene and pretty much the rest of that movie were enough reason to make me regret ever seeing it. I can never listen to that song again without the image of a seedy strip club popping into my mind :(

Charmed (How Soon Is Now?)

Although technically its a different band it's still a Smiths song! :D

Does anyone know why they didn't use The Smiths version?

Because the series is crap so they had to use a crappy version of HSIN to go along? :D

Last edited:
The trailor for the new Allen Bennett film "The History Boys" has this charming man in it, both in original smiths form and in the orchestral version. I presume this means they will be in the film too...

first of the gang to die--> laguna beach osd just a useless film

This Charming Man- Birthday Girl (Nicole Kidman as a Russian bride, not particularly amusing.)

Please Please in Feris Bueller's was the Dream Academy's version

I was extremely disappointed to discover that The Hand That Rocks The Cradle was not in the film of the same name!!!!!

I agree. The presence of How Soon Is Now? was the single solitary positive thing about that film, it was truly awful.

The trailor for the new Allen Bennett film "The History Boys" has this charming man in it, both in original smiths form and in the orchestral version. I presume this means they will be in the film too...

i went to the cinema last night and the trailer for this came on - i had never even heard of the film but i nearly jumped out of my seat..!!
the orchestrated part comes on first and then BOOM..! The proper version starts...god it sounded AMAZING coming from that big screen!! i love it when that happens, one of your favourite songs creeping up on you when least expected, it just reminds you how f***ing brilliant it is :) :)

I agree. The presence of How Soon Is Now? was the single solitary positive thing about that film, it was truly awful.

So awful!!! Almost two years later.... I still demand to be recompensated for the 2 hours minus 3 minutes of my life that I wasted watching that horrid piece of "cinema". This is what happens when a boring director [Nichols], a stupid script, and two of the most dull/uncharismatic actors in the world [ Roberts, Law] come together to make a film........it turns out to be Sh*t.

the History boys does have a soundtrack that includes The Smiths, new order etc

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all of your help in locating and discussing this information.
I was not aware of all of those movies!

We should make a concise list therefore, everyone will know and even the "newbies" can gain some insight.

Any one up for that project?

I am going to try to rent some from my netflix site and/or my local library to check the music out and how it incorporates w/ the certain scene of the movie. :)

Again, much obliged! :)

I heard that the new movie comin' out " The Science of Sleep" has How soon Is Now? as their main song

Back
Top Bottom