Morrissey Slams Sir Paul McCartney For Accepting Knighthood From The Queen

hahaha, poor old Morrissey. I suppose he wanted this remark to get noticed though. He's been trying to get some quotes noticed for a few week now!

Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha, poor old Morrissey. I suppose he wanted this remark to get noticed though. He's been trying to get some quotes noticed for a few week now!

It's even more pathetic. The Huffington Post is a content mill. An intern was trolling the web looking for "controversy" and this came up.

comeatmebro.png

Looks like the regular royalty is fair game but once you have a pop at 'rock royalty' you're for it!

By Morrissey's standards thats barely a slamming at all. I think (perhaps due to their shared stance on vegetarianism/animal rights) he has a certain respect for McCartney and would have been much harder on somebody else. Didn't he once say he liked "Lovely Rita"?

By Morrissey's standards thats barely a slamming at all. I think (perhaps due to their shared stance on vegetarianism/animal rights) he has a certain respect for McCartney and would have been much harder on somebody else. Didn't he once say he liked "Lovely Rita"?

I recall that he once said he liked The Beatles, but refused to talk about it because liking The Beatles is the expected thing.

As a matter of interest, there is a fairly impressive list of people who have turned down honours http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declining_a_British_honour: Morrissey mentioned David Bowie in the article, but also Alan Bennett, Albert Finney, Graham Greene, Stephen Hawkin, David Hockney, Kipling, Lowry (several times), Paul Weller... A far more honourable thing to do.

Dave

More to the point, why did McCartney play the Buckingham Palace gig? A vegetarian and defender of animal rights, who's own daughter is a campaigner against the bearskin hats worn by the Queens guards. But out he trots with the rest of the Lickspittlers.

More to the point, why did McCartney play the Buckingham Palace gig? A vegetarian and defender of animal rights, who's own daughter is a campaigner against the bearskin hats worn by the Queens guards. But out he trots with the rest of the Lickspittlers.

McCartney does alot of questionable things when it comes to animal rights, would not surprise me if he sneaks some meat every now and then,

Morrissey should attack Paul McCartney for doing "Say, Say, Say" or "The Girl Is Mine" instead of for collecting medals. I'm certain Morrissey would reject it, but since he's never been offered it, who really knows or actually cares, honestly? The Beatles had already accepted and then rejected the MBE. Maybe Paul feels that being Sir Paul McCartney will help him get through customs! He doesn't want to sit around in a jail cell for having a little wacky tobacky. If you are called Sir you get to use HRH Bailbonds the same outfit that kept Prince Harry out of jail during his Harry Pothead years.
Morrissey should be a knight because he could ride around and joust at people that don't have an English accent.

A side note - why do tabloids and journalists love the word "slams"? I don't know the answer but it is a tabloid favourite. Bit like "romp" as well, though I doubt that will ever feature in a Morrissey headline.

Back
Top Bottom