Morrissey slammed for glamourising suicide

Re: "Morrissey Slammed For Glamourising Suicide"

I can't say I'm surprised.

:doh:

It is an act of great control...but honorable? :crazy:

Last edited:

Well, suicide may be sad to those it involved, but he is right.It is a final action of someone taking control of themselves for the final and possible first time.I would not suggest that everyone go out and commit suicide if they feel they have nothing left to live for , but at the same time, it is somewhat pathetic that you can actually be arrested for attempted suicide, it is beyond bizarre.I won't even began to discuss Euthanasia.

Life should be cherished, but that life is that person's alone, no one else's to decide or tell you how to live it.

Friedrich Nietzsche: It is always consoling to think of suicide: in that way one gets through many a bad night.

:squiffy:

Well, suicide may be sad to those it involved, but he is right.It is a final action of someone taking control of themselves for the final and possible first time.I would not suggest that everyone go out and commit suicide if they feel they have nothing left to live for , but at the same time, it is somewhat pathetic that you can actually be arrested for attempted suicide, it is beyond bizarre.I won't even began to discuss Euthanasia.

Life should be cherished, but that life is that person's alone, no one else's to decide or tell you how to live it.

Very true. He's said something similar before.

Santa Claus is cool, aswell

He is. Although you could argue that his yearly habit of squeezing down chimneys, choosing to ignore his blatant obesity, is a shocking act of self-denial and glamorising masochism. Not a good example to set for the children...

Last edited:

People who do kill themselves, must have a pretty good reason to do so

and they feel there's nothing else keeping them living, and it's not worth it anymore

why should we stop them? should we lock them up in jail til they die naturally?

I don't believe that suicide is a pretty good idea. It will solve only your own problems, however, your family and friends will have another problem 'cause things you made. It's not correct.

yeah, but if you're single, unmarried without kids, and you feel you have no other option, go for it

not like Robert Enke (German goalkeeper) who was suffering from severe depression, throwing himself under a train, when earlier that year him and his wife had adopted a baby who was only very young.

But then again, his baby girl died a few years ago, she was just 2.

Suicide is honorable. Only people with great self control do it. There are different types of control and some are on the positive side like getting help because usually people who suffer from depression or similar things cannot help themselves. The other alternative to asking for help of course is suicide and not too many people have the courage and guts to do it. I've thought about suicide as I would picture most Morrissey fans have. And I would never ever do it because I don't have that self power to self destruct. It seems so scary but as Morrissey said sleeping pills would be the easiest option but still I fear of not dying and overdosing and all those terrible consequences and all this simply states that suicide is honorable because only strong people can do it.

Yes we have an image of suicide as something that only the weak minded do, but I'm sure that's only said because how scary suicide seems. It's as a bad as grabbing a gun and shooting somebody, except you're shooting yourself.

yeah, but if you're single, unmarried without kids, and you feel you have no other option, go for it

not like Robert Enke (German goalkeeper) who was suffering from severe depression, throwing himself under a train, when earlier that year him and his wife had adopted a baby who was only very young.

But then again, his baby girl died a few years ago, she was just 2.

When I saw this topic, he was the first thing that came into my mind. Losing a child is something nobody should experience, BUT. It was not only him who lost a child, it was her wife's loss too. And now her wife lost her husband as well, so she has to cope with a double tragedy, plus raise a child by herself. How is that honourable?

For me suicide is acceptable in one case: if one's terminally ill.

And I'm saying this after having been a massive Cure-fan as a teenager, when I glorified suicide, and been comtemplating it myself.

People who do kill themselves, must have a pretty good reason to do so

and they feel there's nothing else keeping them living, and it's not worth it anymore

why should we stop them? should we lock them up in jail til they die naturally?

Most of the times the feeling that you have nothing left to live for is irrational. A lot of people who survive suicide attempts are later grateful for staying alive. (yet a lot of them will attempt it again but that's another story). We should try to help people in need, not to leave them to drown in their own desperation in the name of freedom.

I agree that it's crazy to arrest people for attempted suicide. I've never heard of that before. It's definitely not like that in the places I live/d in.

Last edited:

To be honest, suicide is seen as glamourous, and it always will be.

Moz is not the worst offender in terms of glamourising it though...many other musicians have done it too

Tags
don't do it! jump ripple effect santacide
Back
Top Bottom