Morrissey sites in LA ?

Hey everybody,

I am visiting LA in early july, and was wondering if there were any sites connected to Morrissey I could visit ?

I be very gratefull for any tips!

Sunset Marquis

1200 Alta Loma Rd, West Hollywood, CA 90069,
15861650633_6147d3e53e_o.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetmarquis/

Hey everybody,

I am visiting LA in early july, and was wondering if there were any sites connected to Morrissey I could visit ?

I be very gratefull for any tips!

Dear "educated".....Well Sunset Blvd has a great selection. The Palladium and the cat N the cradle bar-grill...Clark Gables old mansion. On Hawthorn is the Hollywood bowl, site of the 09 Tormentors tour greatest show ever ! Now a days, we hear the organic pastry selection at the Calabasas Cost Co. is a Moz hangout...maybe not the Boom-Boom Room in Laguna anymore...but hey, only his hair-dresser knows for sure. ....hugs from Holmby Hills

Reckon that pizza place is in Italy, not Moz Angeles. I reckon The California Son can be seen anywhere in LA where there is sun, hot chicks, tasty waves, a pick up basketball game, and tacos. Dude is not going "back to the old house" on Sweetzer from the movie. I reckon I don't get how all you foreigner tourists go there expecting him to still be living there. He has lived in about 6 different houses in Moz Angeles. His house in Malibu, forget it. His goons are everywhere and any foreigner showing up in Malibu with a gigantic red shirt with CHEVROLET on the front of it will immediately cause lock down mode.

Reckon try the usual, The Sunset Marquis, any cologne store on Rodeo that sells Avignon Comme Des Garcons, lucha libre Mexican wrestling at The Mayan, Venice Beach basketball courts, any high end Italian restaurant in West Hollywood, Beverly Center (Cinnabon and Starbucks), Tuna Canyon hiking trails. Lately he has been seen at Sunset Sound every week getting guitar lessons from
John Frusciante. He has also been hanging around a lot with his new buddy Jonesy, but Jonesy lives in the Hollywood Hills.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Reckon yes, The California Son bought his plot at Hollywood Forever years ago. Don't ask, because I don't even know where it is. In the summer they show old movies there outside, so reckon The California Son might show up mate inn n nnn nnnnnnnnnnn nn nnnn n it.

Two LA-area places that he’s been seen at by fans on occasion over the years are:
Amoeba Music
6400 Sunset Blvd, 90028
and Book Soup, 8818 Sunset, 90069.

Both are fantastic shops and would be very much be worth a visit in any case, Moz or not! :thumb:

The strip bar from Importance of Being Morrissey is on Sunset Blvd near his old house. Hollywood High is also on Sunset Blvd.

Ye reckon sometimes The California Son does go back to his alma mater Hollywood High to watch a basketball game. I reckon no one will ever beat his LA City scoring record from 1976 mate in nn n nn nn nnn nnn n strepthroat end n n n din't n n n it.

Steve Basket.jpg

It's a shame the Cat and Fiddle is no more. When I visited LA six years ago (where does the time go? why does the time go?) it was a nice little bar with good drinks.

Go have a look at Sweetzer Ave. It's not quite Kings Road, but it is good.

Back
Top Bottom