Morrissey signed to new management: Peter Katsis - Mirror UK

Bigmouth signs again: Morrissey set for surprise comeback after battling throat cancer - The Mirror

Peter Katsis, apparently. Also mentions a new album.

Excerpt:

The ex-Smiths frontman has signed with new management, which could pave the way for his first new record in three years.

Bizarrely, the moody star has hooked up with a music boss linked to some of the world’s cheeriest pop acts.

Morrissey, 57, whose hits include Bigmouth Strikes Again, has done a deal with Peter Katsis, who worked with One Direction, the Backstreet Boys and Enrique Iglesias.

He is a partner at Deckstar Management and a source said: “Morrissey is being looked after by Peter, who’s been spending a lot of time with him in LA. He’s one of the best in the business and has worked with everyone from One Direction to Snoop Dogg and is managing The Smashing Pumpkins and Culture Club.

“Peter is really excited about Morrissey’s new music and getting him back in the studio. He’s focused and in good health.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, some proper management. He's going to become the superstar that he is.

I know I shouldn't compare the two periods but I can't help looking back at the 90s when it was a new album almost every year . Now , seeing the glacial pace of release , I guess we might only see another 1 or 2 albums in total ...

The wait feels very frustrating !

Oh dear...

Shhh, hand in glove, let's pretend we know nothing.
Remember Manual, I know NOTHING, Mr. Faulthy! (Makes grand arm gesture) and repeat.....
It's only the Mirror.
:o

If signing with management is a sign of him admitting that he needs some help navigating his career moving forward, great. In retrospect, it's not clear how past management has made much difference in what he gets out of bed to do.

Bigmouth signs again: Morrissey set for surprise comeback after battling throat cancer - The Mirror

Peter Katsis, apparently. Also mentions a new album.

Excerpt:

The ex-Smiths frontman has signed with new management, which could pave the way for his first new record in three years.

Bizarrely, the moody star has hooked up with a music boss linked to some of the world’s cheeriest pop acts.

Morrissey, 57, whose hits include Bigmouth Strikes Again, has done a deal with Peter Katsis, who worked with One Direction, the Backstreet Boys and Enrique Iglesias.

He is a partner at Deckstar Management and a source said: “Morrissey is being looked after by Peter, who’s been spending a lot of time with him in LA. He’s one of the best in the business and has worked with everyone from One Direction to Snoop Dogg and is managing The Smashing Pumpkins and Culture Club.

“Peter is really excited about Morrissey’s new music and getting him back in the studio. He’s focused and in good health.”

Good health??? LMAO!

Last edited by a moderator:
If signing with management is a sign of him admitting that he needs some help navigating his career moving forward, great. In retrospect, it's not clear how past management has made much difference in what he gets out of bed to do.

Well he needs some inspiration to get out of his bed. I don't blame him. And if it isn't to get on stage and enjoying himself and the audience it would be to get in the studio recording, composing and to make that album with his colleagues, friends and employees.
I reckon it would make him happy.
That was the good part of WPINOYB.
And the sad part after that would make me very unhappy too cause it was a very good album with a great variety and Moz on top of it all. It was tragic and unavoidable, apparently.
Maybe it will turn up right for him this time.

Back
Top Bottom