Morrissey signed to Harvest (Capitol); to record in France with producer Joe Chiccarelli

UPDATE 10:50 AM PT:

Link posted by Uncleskinny:

Morrissey has signed a two-album deal with Capitol Music in Los Angeles, and is set to record a new album in France starting on February 1st - true-to-you.net
15 January 2014

Morrissey has signed a two-album deal with Capitol Music in Los Angeles. He is set to record a new album in France starting on February 1st. Producer is Joe Chiccarelli, and musicians are Boz Boorer (guitar), Jesse Tobias (guitar), Gustavo Manzur (piano), Solomon Walker (bass guitar) and Matt Walker (drums). This will be Morrissey's first album since Years Of Refusal, which was recorded in 2008. Morrissey has been signed by Steve Barnett at Capitol Music.

Posted by mozzalini999 (original post):

Twitter alive with reports of a new deal. Check this out:

MORRISSEY SIGNS WORLDWIDE RECORDING AGREEMENT WITH HARVEST RECORDS - PR Newswire
Globally-Acclaimed And Highly Influential Recording & Performing Artist To Record First New Album In Five Years For Release Later In 2014

Excerpt:

HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Jan. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Harvest Records has signed globally-renowned artist Morrissey to a worldwide recording agreement, it was announced today by the label's General Managers Piero Giramonti and Jacqueline Saturn. Morrissey's first album under the deal will be released in the second half of this year.

Morrissey stated that he is "thrilled" with the agreement, and will commence recording of his new album – the artist's first since 2009's Years Of Refusal – later this month in France with producer Joe Chiccarelli. Joining Morrissey in France will be his longtime recording and touring band, including Boz Boorer (guitar), Jesse Tobias (guitar), Solomon Walker (bass), Matthew Walker (drums) and Gustavo Manzur (keyboards). Tour dates for 2014 will be announced soon.

According to Capitol Music Group Chairman and CEO Steve Barnett, "Morrissey is clearly one of music's most important and influential artists. He is the rare soul who has stayed consistently true to his artistic vision and ethical principles since he first exploded onto the scene in the 1980s. We are so happy that he has chosen Capitol Music Group as his home and that his forthcoming album on Harvest will bring new Morrissey music to the world."

CMG Executive Vice President Michelle Jubelirer added, "Morrissey is a truly singular artist whose music and live performances first captured a worldwide audience thirty years ago and never let go. He is uncompromising in his integrity, extremely devoted to his fans and an artist with a unique and needed voice in our culture. It's so great that Morrissey is with CMG, and, more important, that he is about to record his first new album in five years."

Link and translation via Google Translate posted by Intl_Playboy / Twitter:

Morrissey, il prossimo album uscirà per la nuova Harvest - Rockol

Google Translate to English, excerpt:

January 15, 2014
Ended the relationship with Decca, Morrissey remains linked to the major label Universal Music under a new record deal signed with the Harvest (Capitol group). This was announced by the general manager of the label, Piero Giramonti and Jacqueline Saturn, anticipating that the artist Manchester will begin recording a new album this month in France along with the musicians who work with him for some time and the producer Joe Chiccarelli.

"Morrissey is one of the most important and influential artists in the music scene," said the number one Capitol Music Group Steve Barnett. "It 's also one of the few to have remained substantially true to his artistic vision and his ethical principles since he exploded onto the scene in the '80s." For its part, "Moz" had words of appreciation for the Harvest, the historic brand created in the 70s by which they recorded for EMI Pink Floyd and Deep Purple and that Universal has recently relaunched and mean to make it a sort of indie arm inside the majors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually really pleased about this.

Good label, 2 albums as well, that's f***ing ace! Let's forget about 2013 and look forward to two new peachy albums! Can't wait for tour dates too. I haven't seen the old queen in about 4 years...

...I've missed him.

I'm actually really pleased about this.

Good label, 2 albums as well, that's f***ing ace! Let's forget about 2013 and look forward to two new peachy albums! Can't wait for tour dates too. I haven't seen the old queen in about 4 years...

...I've missed him.

Great producer as well. And I don't mean that tongue in cheek- I'm truly excited Chiccarelli is on board.

I've grown to really like Action Is My Middle Name and The Kid's a Looker. God knows it took long enough. I still think People is missing something.

My point is; the session recordings we have of those songs are pretty good; I'd hate for him to waste a quarter of an album with updated versions of three-year-old songs that we already know/have.

I really hope Scandinavia has fallen by the wayside. I am certainly looking forward to hearing a studio treatment of Art-Hounds...preferably with some tweaked lyrics.

I've grown to really like Action Is My Middle Name and The Kid's a Looker. God knows it took long enough. I still think People is missing something.

My point is; the session recordings we have of those songs are pretty good; I'd hate for him to waste a quarter of an album with updated versions of three-year-old songs that we already know/have.

I really hope Scandinavia has fallen by the wayside. I am certainly looking forward to hearing a studio treatment of Art-Hounds...preferably with some tweaked lyrics.

Recorded and engineered properly and tacked on as extra tracks or as B sides would be okay... I kinda liked Scandinavia.

In a ideal world I'd like a deluxe album with 14 new tracks but with all of the recent output as b-sides with a few live versions chucked in there too. I'm looking forward to the artwork and track listing now. I know it's a while off but I'm into that shit.

Scandinavia was the best of the recent stuff I thought. Pretty good in fact.

I certainly hope the other latest tracks will be relegated to the nether regions of the eight-track cassette or wax cylinder, or whichever antediluvian format he currently favours.

Why don’t we all just accompany him into the studio and tell him want we want. Think he’d appreciate that?

This could be good news if he would actually have something decent to put out. How can anyone get excited if the CD is a ten song one at best, and they include Looker, Action, Scandinavia, Art Hounds, etc.? I mean really?

The use of Alain would have been such a great energizing thing for Moz, and to use the same lads to churn out similar noisy, uninspired songs is not good.

At last! He's found a label and a contract he was looking for. Let's hope it's an album full of superb, unheard songs, backed up with a great tour. I'll be there.

Scandinavia was the best of the recent stuff I thought. Pretty good in fact.
I certainly hope the other latest tracks will be relegated to the nether regions of the eight-track cassette or wax cylinder, or whichever antediluvian format he currently favours.

Don't we all but, bafflingly, he seems to think People Are The Same is the best thing he's done for years. He continues to play it at every concert, and even at the Nobel show. If the other songs he's co-written are worse than this, we're in for the worst ever Morrissey album by some distance...

Does anyone have a clue as to why he has picked Harvest? From what I've been able to Google, it doesn't seem a particularly Morriss-ey imprint.

Producer of Young the Giant's debut album. Wonder if this was a factor?

February 1? There goes our Valentine's Day plans. Thch! :( :p

Valentine's Day is the 14th.

- - - Updated - - -

NO! It's absolutely vital for the future of the human race that ALL the demo songs of the last few years are given a new lease of life. It's a crime that they have been mocked so remorselessly. They are all WONDERFUL!

- - - Updated - - -

In a ideal world I'd like a deluxe album with 14 new tracks but with all of the recent output as b-sides with a few live versions chucked in there too. I'm looking forward to the artwork and track listing now. I know it's a while off but I'm into that shit.

I want a triple album of all the demos, the actual album, live mixes, remixes, a badge, a poster. The track listing? Yes, that's so important! Especially in the age of the playlist!

- - - Updated - - -

This could be good news if he would actually have something decent to put out. How can anyone get excited if the CD is a ten song one at best, and they include Looker, Action, Scandinavia, Art Hounds, etc.? I mean really?

The use of Alain would have been such a great energizing thing for Moz, and to use the same lads to churn out similar noisy, uninspired songs is not good.

How can you be both cynical and heretical? Those songs are THE BEST SONGS HE HAS EVER WRITTEN! And this album, like every other one he's ever released will be trumpeted by him as THE BEST ALBUM EVER! And he will, as always, be infallible.

LOL - this is the best news ever!

Your username 'Young and Alive' promises such joie de vivre, such positivity... and yet you fear a plodding uninspired album. C'mon - it might be good!!

How could it be good if sucky music composer and sucky guitarist Jesse Tobias is involved?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else find it funny that despite having signed for four different record labels, they're now all owned by the same people?

Sorry in advance for being a complete dick, but this isn't true. Decca, HMV and RCA are owned by Universal, but Sanctuary is owned by Bertlesmann and Parlophone is owned by Warners. Which makes five labels.

Yuuuuuuussssss! It looks like the Autobiography did the trick! Two album deal! And Matt Walker is back in the battery. Woo hoo!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom