Morrissey sighting in Ireland

Neon

I saw Morrissey at Dublin airport yesterday. Hope he's having a nice break in Ireland before his gigs next week!

Re: Morrissey in Ireland

Whether or not this is true, all of a sudden I feel shy, but happy too.
Dear God please help me! Maybe there will be some interviews etc this week as well. No doubt the tour in Ireland will yield its own peculiarities. :lbf::guitar:

Re: Morrissey in Ireland

wow wow WOW if this is true! he's in the same city as me (well, and a few others)? wooaah, suddenly shyness took over me too! :o
oh i've been so down lately but, surprise-surprise, not anymore!

I was at Dublin airport yesterday but it was the worst airport experience of my life. I am leaving Edinburgh permanently so I brought all my stuff with me which came to 25 kg on the scales. The airport check-in person then said I had to pay an extra £150 because the bag can only be 10kg.I thought I was going to cry.I didn't even have £150 worth of goods in the flipping case. I then had to go to the ladies and basically dump half my case and wear the rest. I put on 5 jumpers and 3 pairs of trousers. Then when I went back it was still over so I had to go back and dump some more.It was a nightmare!!I ended up having to pay an extra £15 anyway.Then the departure gate was right at the end of the airport so had to walk wearing all this excess cloths and carrying my laptop seperately.I had already given two bag fulls of my stuff to charity shops the day before and 2 to my friend.I also had to lug my 25kg case up a huge hill from where I live only to dump more then half of it at the airport.I even had to leave the book I was middle of reading in the toilet.To have seen Morrissey at the airport would have just been too much for me.....

Woo hoo! I'll be at Dublin airport tomorrow! Can't wait to see Morrissey in Ireland and hope I have my own sighting:guitar:

I was at Dublin airport yesterday but it was the worst airport experience of my life. I am leaving Edinburgh permanently so I brought all my stuff with me which came to 25 kg on the scales. The airport check-in person then said I had to pay an extra £150 because the bag can only be 10kg.I thought I was going to cry.I didn't even have £150 worth of goods in the flipping case. I then had to go to the ladies and basically dump half my case and wear the rest. I put on 5 jumpers and 3 pairs of trousers. Then when I went back it was still over so I had to go back and dump some more.It was a nightmare!!I ended up having to pay an extra £15 anyway.Then the departure gate was right at the end of the airport so had to walk wearing all this excess cloths and carrying my laptop seperately.I had already given two bag fulls of my stuff to charity shops the day before and 2 to my friend.I also had to lug my 25kg case up a huge hill from where I live only to dump more then half of it at the airport.I even had to leave the book I was middle of reading in the toilet.To have seen Morrissey at the airport would have just been too much for me.....

oh no, i feel your pain. i hate airports 'cos i never know how to act, where to go, which papers to hand and i'm always irrationally afraid of those surprise extra fees. good job you were that clever in that crappy situation!:thumb: but sorry you had to dump some of your things :/

That sounds shitty, and I'm sorry you had to go through that, but you have to admit it sounds like something out of a bad comedy.

That sounds shitty, and I'm sorry you had to go through that, but you have to admit it sounds like something out of a bad comedy.
Yeah there is a funny side to it I suppose. I was just walking through the airport thinking 'never going to see any of these people again, never going to see any of these people again'.
It was really embarrassing when I left a bunch of my underwear in the loo and the next person going in called me back and said I left some stuff there and I had to say 'yeah yeah I've left it there'.

oh no, i feel your pain. i hate airports 'cos i never know how to act, where to go, which papers to hand and i'm always irrationally afraid of those surprise extra fees. good job you were that clever in that crappy situation!:thumb: but sorry you had to dump some of your things :/
If you are flying with Ryanair you have to watch everything because they are the biggest thieving bastards going. The last time I flew home they charged me an extra £20 for checking in at the airport.Apparently the new fee had only been brought in that month.There was absolutely nothing on their website about it.Before that it was £6.
Thankfully this time I think the woman at the airport ticket desk felt sorry for me and didn't charge my card for the £15 as I just checked my online account now and it hasn't been deducted. She didn't ask for my pin which I've only remembered now.One good thing lol.

If you are flying with Ryanair you have to watch everything because they are the biggest thieving bastards going. The last time I flew home they charged me an extra £20 for checking in at the airport.Apparently the new fee had only been brought in that month.There was absolutely nothing on their website about it.Before that it was £6.
Thankfully this time I think the woman at the airport ticket desk felt sorry for me and didn't charge my card for the £15 as I just checked my online account now and it hasn't been deducted. She didn't ask for my pin which I've only remembered now.One good thing lol.

Fly to Belfast International next time, and get the Enterprise train down. Works out cheaper because it's with easyJet, the luggage allowance is 20kg, no airport check-in fees, and it's not that much more hassle, just takes a bit longer. That's how I always do it anyway.

But I did find your airport story very funny.

Moz spotted on Dawson Street around 11am doing some shopping. Got a text from a mate.

does Morrissey go to Ireland a lot? :eek: i mean i really wanna go, but i cant afford to for a long time :(

Don't bother, you will not be welcome.

does Morrissey go to Ireland a lot? :eek: i mean i really wanna go, but i cant afford to for a long time :(

He does tend to be seen quite a lot in Ireland. He used to live there for a while of course..Someone saw him out and about in Cork also.

Fly to Belfast International next time, and get the Enterprise train down. Works out cheaper because it's with easyJet, the luggage allowance is 20kg, no airport check-in fees, and it's not that much more hassle, just takes a bit longer. That's how I always do it anyway.

But I did find your airport story very funny.
Do easyjet not charge more for the actual flight though?

I am so glad for you that you didn't see him. You'd just have felt such an idiot looking like the Michellin Man in all those clothes. Chin up chick

I am so glad for you that you didn't see him. You'd just have felt such an idiot looking like the Michellin Man in all those clothes. Chin up chick
Not quite the Michelin man but a bit bulky yeah-more dressed for winter than almost summer.

Back
Top Bottom