Morrissey shirt in "How to Be Depressed: A Guide" - Advocate.com

Link from Rene:

How to Be Depressed: A Guide - Advocate.com
Dana Eagle's How to Be Depressed: A Guide is a witty primer for stark times.

39693_htbd_advocate-3.jpg

Thought the reason for the morrissey shirt was probably accurate

It's funny in a depressing way. People always talk about depression like it's a coat people deliberately choose to wear, and as easily taken off as put on, when in reality most everyone is depressed at multiple points through their day and possibly don't even know it. Luckily I can't comment on proper extreme depression.

I never found Morrissey's lyrics or music or artwork to be depressing. Thinking that Ed Sheeran is number one would depress me slightly. Going to Morrissey concerts where people spend the whole time on their phone is depressing. The concert itself is the opposite of depressing. The 'How to be depressed' guide is more depressing to me than anything Moz has done, but at the same time it doesn't bother me because I wouldn't expect anything better from them. Maybe it depressed me too much to see the humour in it!!!

Last edited:
The Pope of mope clichés are so tiresome.
John Peel got it instantly when he first introduced The Smiths to the airwaves - that there was wit and humour in amongst the melancholy - that remains my own lasting view.
I never attended a Smiths or Moz gig where I felt 'depressed' afterwards.
Regards,
FWD.

Peel Quote:
After Morrissey's falsetto wailing at the end of 'What Difference Does It Make?':

"Ah, the sound of distant seagulls" ☺️

The Pope of mope clichés are so tiresome.
John Peel got it instantly when he first introduced The Smiths to the airwaves - that there was wit and humour in amongst the melancholy - that remains my own lasting view.
Regards,
FWD.

Peel Quote:
After Morrissey's falsetto wailing at the end of 'What Difference Does It Make?':

"Ah, the sound of distant seagulls" ☺️

Only a catholic would feel that way cause you guys take everything too seriously and have this siege mentality all through your lives. Just another extremist movement that support terrorism and you are a well known IRA sympathiser.

Only a catholic would feel that way cause you guys take everything too seriously and have this siege mentality all through your lives. Just another extremist movement that support terrorism and you are a well known IRA sympathiser.
When did the asylum WiFi get turned back on?
Never been a Catholic.
Never been to Ireland.
Not a 'bot' - actually known to disagree with / criticise Moz when I feel like it.
Certainly have no positive feelings towards the IRA living in Birmingham.
Speaking of terrorism, was there no other post you could 'hijack' to attempt to appease the voices in your head and spew your insane ramblings?
Get well soon.
FWD.

Last edited:
Never been a Catholic.
Never been to Ireland.
Not a 'bot' - actually known to disagree with / criticise Moz when I feel like it.
Speaking of terrorism, was there no other post you could 'hijack' to attempt to appease the voices in your head?
Get well soon.
FWD.

Just what I expected from a snowflake, yet more fake news. Don't forget some of us have followed you since the 90's.

You sure belong in Birmingham.

[QUOTE="
[/QUOTE]

I agree. The Smiths/Morrissey are no less relevant to me now than they were when I first listened to them as a 12 year old. The dark humour, the turns of phrase, the sly asides...all of it is just as vital to me, and just as fresh. My ongoing nostalgia for Planters Cheese (or Cheez) Balls....now, that makes me feel my age.

I reckon will all you Brits finally get off this board? Morrissey's hometown Moz Angeles is 5,281 miles from "the uk" and John 4fooken Maher's hometown Portland, OR is 4,748 miles from "the uk". I am sick of all this Brit/Irish Catholic crap. Talk about ignorant people. You people still have bands like Neds Atomic Dustbin and Big Country, so go on their boards.

I reckon the boke is all wrong. His cap should obviously be a New York Yankees cap. He should have a red shirt that has CHEVROLET on the front, wearing Levis 501's and Nike Air Jordans.

Last edited:
I don't recognize the image portrayed on the morrissey shirt?

I reckon will all you Brits finally get off this board? Morrissey's hometown Moz Angeles is 5,281 miles from "the uk" and John 4fooken Maher's hometown Portland, OR is 4,748 miles from "the uk". I am sick of all this Brit/Irish Catholic crap. Talk about ignorant people. You people still have bands like Neds Atomic Dustbin and Big Country, so go on their boards.

I reckon the boke is all wrong. His cap should obviously be a New York Yankees cap. He should have a red shirt that has CHEVROLET on the front, wearing Levis 501's and Nike Air Jordans.

I met Neds at McDonalds's in Stockholm once. But for your info Moz is a manc and he is of course deep down a northern quarter hipster.

Absolute bullshit.

Moz is the best dressed man in pop music. :brows:

" You might be depressed
but you're remarkably dressed
and that's all you need. ;)

I can think of 20 other bands that are more depressive than Morrissey... Why always pick on Morrissey? Anyways, you can't always tell depression by the clothes people are wearing.

Never been a Catholic.
Never been to Ireland.
Speaking of terrorism, was there no other post you could 'hijack' to attempt to appease the voices in your head and spew your insane ramblings?
Get well soon.
FWD.
Plenty of Irish people are totally against violence and do not in any way support any paramilitary group. The vast majority I would say. It has sweet FA to do with religion. That anonymous psycho who made those ignorant comments will probably end up perforating his own empty head when his homemade nail bomb explodes in his shitty bed sit kitchen.

Plenty of Irish people are totally against violence and do not in any way support any paramilitary group. The vast majority I would say. It has sweet FA to do with religion. That anonymous psycho who made those ignorant comments will probably end up perforating his own empty head when his homemade nail bomb explodes in his shitty bed sit kitchen.
I still fail to see how the lunatic's comments relate to the main topic. One crazy tells me that in 17 years of coming here that I'm a 'well known' IRA sympathiser (evidence!?). Another tells me: "Don't forget some of us have followed you since the 90's." - so either they think I'm Moz or have been peeking through my curtains since before I ever visited this site or had an internet connection - well done them! Unfortunately, being clearly ill, yet unable to have insight in to how you look in a group / forum setting appears to be a norm here.
Blocking of IP hashes can't come soon enough.
Kind regards,
FWD.

I still fail to see how the lunatic's comments relate to the main topic. One crazy tells me that in 17 years of coming here that I'm a 'well known' IRA sympathiser (evidence!?). Another tells me: "Don't forget some of us have followed you since the 90's." - so either they think I'm Moz or have been peeking through my curtains since before I ever visited this site or had an internet connection - well done them! Unfortunately, being clearly ill, yet unable to have insight in to how you look in a group / forum setting appears to be a norm here.
Kind regards,
FWD.

I was just pulling your leg mate but I remember your knowledge in IRA related bars frequented by Moz but I swore not to tell anyone that.

Oops!

Kind regards,
FWD.
'Blocking of IP hashes can't come soon enough. '

:thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom