Morrissey set to wow fans at AECC - Evening Express & pre-gig snippets inc Moz arrival

Small article regarding the gig:

Morrissey set to wow fans at AECC - Evening Express

Morrissey recently released Low In High School, his first album in three years.

Now 58, the singer is clearly not mellowing with age, as the album is one of the most political in his career.

Morrissey said: “The people have become sick of the establishment, and I’m a part of the world."

“No small kid wants to grow up to be President any more, and there’s a sense that the world is close to its expiration date.

“Most governments do not listen to the people who elected them into power. Our political systems do not work. There’s no point hanging back with whatever feelings and views you might have. This is tomorrow.”

The AECC venue put out 'security' info for tonight on Twitter:

42224_42219_20180216_151802.jpg

IMG_20180216_150638.jpg

Picture of fans sleeping overnight in the queue (courtesy of 'Dickie' on Twitter):

20180216_152012.jpg

IMG_20180216_150745.jpg

Today is also notable as it is the 30th anniversary (and one day) of the release of Suedehead according to Stephen Street & Classic Alternative:

20180216_153036.jpg

Wiki says the 15th - Solo Wiki says the 27th (as per PJLM) - so take your pick! Easier just to say Suedehead is 30 years old this month :)
This was also the same venue that he played in 1991 (Kill Uncle tour) - the first place in the UK as part of any official tour.

The man himself arriving:

Thanks to the original poster.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Good to see backpacks are prohibited. They are a big nuisance and a security threat. At Madison Sq Garden this past December they caused so much hassle. Don't know why they were allowed.

Look at those frozen dum-dums on the pavement. It probably would have been safe to get up early, grab some coffee, and go get in the empty line.

Also, where the hell they gonna put those sleeping bags during the gig?

Haven’t seen a single poster up yet!

It was definitely the 27th February that Suedehead was released. I had that date memorized -- and still do. Viva Hate came out on March 14th. I've written elsewhere about making my mother drive me to the record store in Concord, NH to pick it up.

C'mon, Streetie. Remember your own life accurately. :laughing:

That was nice to see, I thought I have lost it a bit for Moz as I haven’t heard LIHS and I haven’t felt excitement for the coming tour for the first time in years, :confused: but I got goosebumps to see him getting out of the bus. PHEW:sweatsmile: I still like him
Thanx FWD

Have the best of nights, lucky sods in Aberdeen!
(And please, please, please keep the rest of us posted.)

“Lonely In High School is the star’s first album since 2014 and has already spawned two singles, Spent The Day In Bed and I Wish You Lonely, which was released this week.”

https://www.aecc.co.uk/events/morrissey/

Hydro has tweeted that it is a video intro

Would it kill him to turn around, greet his fans, maybe sign some autographs? Is he scared or just too cool to do such things?

Well, I would expect something like this of him, but ......

Would it kill him to turn around, greet his fans, maybe sign some autographs? Is he scared or just too cool to do such things?
Sure he lets his partner carry the bags. Thats f***ed up. But yah, he should have walked over to the handful of fans and said hello. Of course Moz never gives people what they want.

Sure he lets his partner carry the bags. Thats f***ed up. But yah, he should have walked over to the handful of fans and said hello. Of course Moz never gives people what they want.
I get the impression he's still trying to keep up the facade that Damon is his 'assistant'. Why does he do this? He must know we all know... mustn't he?

I reckon it's blood amazing what you foreigners will do to get a glimpse of Uncle Steve for 50 minutes every 6 years. Look at the fat lady security guard dreaming of going down to the Abnerdean Mall to stand in line for 2 hours to get some McDonalds or KFC. I reckon Steve will be in a bad mood because there won't be a good place to get a bean burrito and coffee for breakfast like back home in LA.

NO, You're wrong ! Morrissey always gives his fans a quick hello, a wave, a hug, an autograph, just that you've gotta be SO careful with these flu bugs which are currently running around the UK and the USA. Give him a break Acton.

Hazard
x

NO, You're wrong ! Morrissey always gives his fans a quick hello, a wave, a hug, an autograph, just that you've gotta be SO careful with these flu bugs which are currently running around the UK and the USA. Give him a break Acton.

Hazard
x
WTF? Why don't you knit him an oxygen tent?

I've been saying this for years. Paul McCartney is one of the biggest stars in the world and he walks around greeting fans on the street like it's nothing at all. I wish Moz could be this way, but he is afraid of his fans. Unless it is a tightly controlled situation he is not accessible. This is not a new thing. There have been exceptions but for the most part he isn't interested. Of course, where many stars are simply beloved by most of their fans, Morrissey is mostly obsessed over by his. Which can make for awkward moments.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom