Morrissey sells signed other peoples albums - NME, Louder Than War, Consequence of Sound

So he's now signing albums by other artists and sells them at 300 dollars apiece at his concerts.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-signed-bunch-artists-albums-hes-selling-2561658

I can't decide who we should be more worried about: Morrissey or the people who actually buy these.

Also:

Weird merch : Morrissey selling classic albums by other people that he has autographed on his merch stall - Louder Than War. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Morrissey is signing other artists’ albums and selling them for $300 at shows - Consequence of Sound. Link posted by an anonymous person.

UPDATE Oct. 29:

Link from shoplifterromo:

Why Is Morrissey Like This? - SPIN

Last edited by a moderator:
HE COULD DONATE THE MONEY MADE FROM THE "STOLEN RECORDS" TO ANIMAL CHARITIES.

Ask yourselves: what artist at the top of his game, selling loads of his own records, would pull a shameless, money-grabbing stunt like this? Absolutely no-one.

Warhol did it for decades. Strange you didnt know, with so much free time on your hands.

People like you and Skinny, who are on govt assistance, the dole,etc
should understand that Moz by raising funds that are taxed, pay for your upkeep. Without people like Moz who are earners, you would
have to work. Do you want that?

Last edited:
should understand that Moz by raising funds that are taxed, pay for your upkeep. Without people like Moz who are earners, you would

Would this be THE Morrissey who never wanted a job? THE Morrissey who consistently avoids paying tax. THAT Morrissey?

Would this be THE Morrissey who never wanted a job? THE Morrissey who consistently avoids paying tax. THAT Morrissey?

Skinny, Moz has paid many millions in tax to the UK, he still holds property throughout the kingdom that is taxed for the benefit of lazy sods such as yourself and "Peppermint". Both will graduate to the next life without ever earning your keep.

Skinny, Moz has paid many millions in tax to the UK, he still holds property throughout the kingdom that is taxed for the benefit of lazy sods such as yourself and "Peppermint". Both will graduate to the next life without ever earning your keep.

You seem quite adamant. This can only mean that you must have some facts at your disposal that corroborate your assertion that Morrissey has paid millions in UK tax. Why so timid? Share. Or, will you decide not to share because you are talking out of your arse.

At this price, let's hope that he put his signature on an original RCA copy of Transformer and not on a 180gram remastered repressed vinyl replica !!!

What makes you think Johnny Marr would want anything to do with Morrissey and a smiths reformation? Johnnys loving life, his music might not be great, but he’s buzzing, always, and he’s trying to be creative.
Morrissey can’t handle being around strong, creative personalities now, he likes to be a big fish in a small pond, surrounded by weaklings and yes men. Real artists wouldn’t put up with his shit, and he knows it.

That's a fair assessment. Moz has surrounded himself with cheap and compliant employees for a long time, and as long as they agree with him - that his every success is due to his genius, his every failure due to jealous sabotage - they stay on the payroll.

Johnny wouldn't work with him these days. In fact, I'd suggest that if they'd never been in a band together, you wouldn't imagine those two ever could have been now given how far apart they are.

I dunno. Cute is a word I'd use for kids or puppies or kittens but not for a grown man.
that's where you and me differ: I would never use the word cute for kids or kittens. annoying maybe. I often find things cute that take themselves very seriously but in reality are--unbeknownst to them-- actually very silly things--like bunnies and Morrissey.

That's a fair assessment. Moz has surrounded himself with cheap and compliant employees for a long time, and as long as they agree with him - that his every success is due to his genius, his every failure due to jealous sabotage - they stay on the payroll.

Johnny wouldn't work with him these days. In fact, I'd suggest that if they'd never been in a band together, you wouldn't imagine those two ever could have been now given how far apart they are.
I hope The Smiths never reform.

Warhol did it for decades. Strange you didnt know, with so much free time on your hands.

Warhol did what for decades? Whose art did he use wholesale and put his name on? Warhol re-contextualized found images and he also had people working for him producing art. I don't think he grabbed a Rauschenberg and signed his name to it.

I hope The Smiths never reform.

Is that your best, provocative shot? The Smiths reunion? You, of course, wouldn't want it to happen principally because you're not, and never have been, a fan. You troll this site with one finger teasing a numbed clitoris.

Is that your best, provocative shot? The Smiths reunion? You, of course, wouldn't want it to happen principally because you're not, and never have been, a fan. You troll this site with one finger teasing a numbed clitoris.
I don't want them to reform because I want the magic of the Smiths preserved.

There is no need or reason for the Smiths to reform apart from money. It would be vulgar and over dissected like everything else in this age of social media.

The Smiths belong to the 80s.

"And he rarely does what is expected of him."

For much of his career, had you bothered to follow it, Morrissey did more or less what was expected of him.

Where the shock kicked in is when he openly supported right-wing political parties, and worse, made unabashed racist statements. The cat was then truly out of the bag. There was no wiggle room for "Oh, I think he meant ..." or "He's been misquoted" or "He's been misinterpreted".

Support Morrissey all you wish but in doing so - let's be clear - you are indirectly/directly supporting racism. Stop with the pretence and pitiful excuses.
Take some responsibility for your decision.

An incredible number of UK fans have made their stance. They have sent their message to Morrissey. Loyal fans of 30 years standing. Fans with in excess of 100 shows as memories. What the actual number of fans is remains in question. However as he was unable to sell out a single UK venue on his last attempt are you saying all those fans are stupid? Are you saying thousands of people don't know racism when they hear it.

This site is a testament to Morrissey's racism. Just look at what can now be posted, and widely accepted, by his current 'fan-base'. Morrissey has created a space for these racist hatemongers to peddle their wares and they peddle with hateful fury.

The unexpected thing for Morrissey to do is to apologise for his statements and his support of those oppressive right wing political parties. He won't, of course, because he has your blessing to be the racist Morrissey.
4 x London shows sold out very fast 2018

Warhol did what for decades? Whose art did he use wholesale and put his name on? Warhol re-contextualized found images and he also had people working for him producing art. I don't think he grabbed a Rauschenberg and signed his name to it.

"re-contextualize", Skinny? is that what he did with the soup cans?

Invest is correct. He's making around £200 profit on each one. And although Morrissey might love David, he didn't love him quite enough to say anything - at all - when he died, even pointedly leaving him out of a roll call of the recently-departed at a 2017 gig. Prince, Victoria Wood and many others made the cut - but not a peep about David.
Maybe he adores early Bowie but not older Bowie....remind you of anyone?

Skinny, nobody wants to work with Johnny Marr. He has always been a second banana.

Last edited:
You seem quite adamant. This can only mean that you must have some facts at your disposal that corroborate your assertion that Morrissey has paid millions in UK tax. Why so timid? Share. Or, will you decide not to share because you are talking out of your arse.
What’s your evidence of tax dodging??

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom