Morrissey sells signed other peoples albums - NME, Louder Than War, Consequence of Sound

So he's now signing albums by other artists and sells them at 300 dollars apiece at his concerts.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-signed-bunch-artists-albums-hes-selling-2561658

I can't decide who we should be more worried about: Morrissey or the people who actually buy these.

Also:

Weird merch : Morrissey selling classic albums by other people that he has autographed on his merch stall - Louder Than War. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Morrissey is signing other artists’ albums and selling them for $300 at shows - Consequence of Sound. Link posted by an anonymous person.

UPDATE Oct. 29:

Link from shoplifterromo:

Why Is Morrissey Like This? - SPIN

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmmm espero que done algo para los que se encargan de defender a los animales!!! Creo que Mozz podria aislarse y encontrar la inspiracion para hacer nuevas letras sus nuevas canciones .. y por supuesto cantarlas , es por ese lado Mozz sii tenes que encontrarle la vuelta y taparles la boca a todos los tipos estos que no paran de defenestrarte!!!!! Viva Morrissey !! MI CHUCHISS !!!!!!!

leech.jpg

While I'll agree that it does feel a little tacky, and the price is banana's, if it were all about the money he wouldve done that Smiths reunion years ago. Done a duet with Gorillaz or Robbie Williams. I could name a dozen ways he could EASILY have made hundreds of thousands if not millions more than what he is making off these album signings. Curiously useful idiots like Uncle f***face never address this point.

Yeah, there's loads of stuff he could do that would've made him money - The Smiths reunion, a Gorillaz duet, and so on. I'm just a bit baffled by this, why this? Why sign old albums by other artists and charge $300 for them? I can't get it at all. It doesn't make sense, just money.

the idiocy on this page is contagious. Of course it’s about the money, he’s selling 20 quid reissues of other artists for 300. There’s nothing more to add.
No the quote I was responding to was 'there is nothing he won't do anymore' and I was establishing there are in fact a TON of things he won't do for money, considerably more money than these signed albums are making him.

Yeah, there's loads of stuff he could do that would've made him money - The Smiths reunion, a Gorillaz duet, and so on. I'm just a bit baffled by this, why this? Why sign old albums by other artists and charge $300 for them? I can't get it at all. It doesn't make sense, just money.
You are correct about this part, I too find it baffling, but then lots of things about Moz's career recently I find baffling, the album cover art, the videos, Sam running (ruining?) Morrissey Central. I get the feeling things get put in front of him for sign-off these days and he just goes along with it.

Looks like he's been putting the unsold $300 vinyl to good use....on his mullet.

Surprised Chris Waddle and Glenn Hoddle's Diamond Lights was not one of these revered collectable items available for purchase.

I'd suggest that these records are fast becoming very desirable. It would've took a shrewd eye to spot it yesterday but $300--for an item that would generate its own online history within 24 hours--seems like a bargain today.

He's a day ahead of everyone.

Whats this new thing among the Skinny fake aliases about a "Smiths" reunion. Are :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: and
the lawnmowers bankrupt and asking for assistance.:bowing:

with the kind of money Moz is making from these 300 dollar albums, they are going to have
to go back on the dole.:(

Yeah, there's loads of stuff he could do that would've made him money - The Smiths reunion, a Gorillaz duet, and so on.

What makes you think Johnny Marr would want anything to do with Morrissey and a smiths reformation? Johnnys loving life, his music might not be great, but he’s buzzing, always, and he’s trying to be creative.
Morrissey can’t handle being around strong, creative personalities now, he likes to be a big fish in a small pond, surrounded by weaklings and yes men. Real artists wouldn’t put up with his shit, and he knows it.

So how does anyone know what he does with his money? To assume that he doesn’t give to charity would be an unfair assumption.
if the proceeds were going to charity we wouldnt be calling it "his" money--it would be the charity's money. what he does with "his" money is not really the point. If he's giving the money to charity you would think there would be a sign saying that the sale of the records would go to charity since im sure the people who would buy one of these records would consider it an added bonus if they knew the money was going to charity, and it would be an added incentive for more people to buy them (and since we do know that there are causes he feels rather strongly about you would think he would consider it an added bonus too). by the time it becomes morrisseys money, I really don't see what it matters whether he gives it to charity or buys a 1200 cardigan with it as that's his business.

While I'll agree that it does feel a little tacky, and the price is banana's, if it were all about the money he wouldve done that Smiths reunion years ago. Done a duet with Gorillaz or Robbie Williams. I could name a dozen ways he could EASILY have made hundreds of thousands if not millions more than what he is making off these album signings. Curiously useful idiots like Uncle f***face never address this point.
yeah but that would require him to DO something. signing other peoples albums doesn't really require much of a personal investment.

yeah but that would require him to DO something. signing other peoples albums doesn't really require much of a personal investment.

Yeah and OMG it's gonna make him SO MUCH MONEY. He'll be able to buy the whole touring group a round of Starbucks after they bank the profits. Whereas reforming The Smiths would've only made him a lousy 15-20 million.

Yeah and OMG it's gonna make him SO MUCH MONEY. He'll be able to buy the whole touring group a round of Starbucks after they bank the profits. Whereas reforming The Smiths would've only made him a lousy 15-20 million.

Stop acting like a smiths reunion only happens at the say so of Morrissey. Johnny doesn’t want f*** all to do with him. And Morrissey ain’t got the talent no more.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom