Morrissey sells signed other peoples albums - NME, Louder Than War, Consequence of Sound

So he's now signing albums by other artists and sells them at 300 dollars apiece at his concerts.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-signed-bunch-artists-albums-hes-selling-2561658

I can't decide who we should be more worried about: Morrissey or the people who actually buy these.

Also:

Weird merch : Morrissey selling classic albums by other people that he has autographed on his merch stall - Louder Than War. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Morrissey is signing other artists’ albums and selling them for $300 at shows - Consequence of Sound. Link posted by an anonymous person.

UPDATE Oct. 29:

Link from shoplifterromo:

Why Is Morrissey Like This? - SPIN

Last edited by a moderator:
In what context could this in any way be considered clever or kind? This is a deeply cynical cash-grab orchestrated by someone who knows that a handful of his pathetic newcomer fans will purchase anything he serves up. Your commitment to believing that Morrissey is still some kind of cultural force is deeply depressing. He could shit himself in public and you people would still say, "Wow, still making headlines after all these years! An artist at his peak!"
Actually Tracey Emin did that already so it wouldn't be original work .
Whereas signing your favourite records is. Fair play to him. He has the Midas touch.

:straightface:

Moz autograph is cheap at 300 dollars for FFS and selling more copies of his
fav albums than amazon and ebay and whatever else.:thumb:

You skinny pseuds have no sense whatsoever, due to never having jobs and
being on the dole for many years:lbf:

“ Morrissey has raised eyebrows once again, by selling records ...”
- NME

Morrissey raising people’s eyebrows since 1982 !

And most likely the only artist these days to do so.

:cool:
Not really. Suede are better than ever and Brett gives intelligent interviews. The new Nick Cave album Ghosteen is his best yet and his concerts are mesmerising in intensity. Moz has a great singing voice but sounds like a twat every time he speaks (these days anyway). I remember all the magazine and NME front covers, rushing to buy them to read what Moz had to say. Cutting, insightful, and funny. Constructive calamity. Now it's just negativity for the sake of a headline. To amuse who? The same morons who buy $300 records signed by someone else? I bet they don't even have a record player. The world is full of crashing snores.

Honest question, when do you guys think Morrissey died? I'm going to say sometime midway through the Ringleader tour. Quarry would have been such a fitting swan song. A little stiff, a little bloated, but mostly made up of good songs full of memorable lines. A couple victory laps around the world and renewed legacy status in pop music. By 2008, you could start to smell the milk curdling, but even something like "That's How People Grow Up" couldn't tip us off to how dire things would get within the decade to follow.

I mean, f***. Look at that Hollywood Bowl show in 2007 and compare it to Saturday night. He and the band look great, the setlist is nearly flawless and the crowd was rapturous for a man who had not yet dismantled every morsel of good will he'd accrued over 30 years in the limelight. Now you've got an undersold double-headlining tour with a scattered, sagging set and a merch table with all the subtlety of a truckstop bathroom. Bleak. Where's Jo Slee? Where's Linder? Where's Alain? Hell, where's Merck Mercuriadis?

Not really. Suede are better than ever and Brett gives intelligent interviews. The new Nick Cave album Ghosteen is his best yet and his concerts are mesmerising in intensity. Moz has a great singing voice but sounds like a twat every time he speaks (these days anyway). I remember all the magazine and NME front covers, rushing to buy them to read what Moz had to say. Cutting, insightful, and funny. Constructive calamity. Now it's just negativity for the sake of a headline. To amuse who? The same morons who buy $300 records signed by someone else? I bet they don't even have a record player. The world is full of crashing snores.

They are not raising eyebrows for any reason, they say nothing, regardless if one agrees with Morrissey or not, he speaks his mind.

Honest question, when do you guys think Morrissey died? I'm going to say sometime midway through the Ringleader tour. Quarry would have been such a fitting swan song. A little stiff, a little bloated, but mostly made up of good songs full of memorable lines. A couple victory laps around the world and renewed legacy status in pop music. By 2008, you could start to smell the milk curdling, but even something like "That's How People Grow Up" couldn't tip us off to how dire things would get within the decade to follow.

I mean, f***. Look at that Hollywood Bowl show in 2007 and compare it to Saturday night. He and the band look great, the setlist is nearly flawless and the crowd was rapturous for a man who had not yet dismantled every morsel of good will he'd accrued over 30 years in the limelight. Now you've got an undersold double-headlining tour with a scattered, sagging set and a merch table with all the subtlety of a truckstop bathroom. Bleak. Where's Jo Slee? Where's Linder? Where's Alain? Hell, where's Merck Mercuriadis?

Skinny you were smelling milk curdling in 2008? Not a good sign, Skinny.

Suede are crashing snores and bores.

...Ketamine Sun, care to explain to me (and Morrissey) how Morten Harket is redundant, and you're not?

Careful, for the first time in ages, I think the right-wing anti-migrant mother-selling lunatic and I might see :cool: to :cool: hush-hush on something.

Are you more beautiful and charming and talented than the whole of A-ha? Go on, I'm listening, sell yourself.
Based from the vibes you give here so far, I picture you more as Jeff Albertson, but please go ahead.

Oh, by the way, to the others, about that letter: guys, Boz Boorer doesn't exist. Boz Boorer is at best, a stocky not particularly pleasant shopkeeper. Boz Boorer might, in another life, grumpily stock shelves in Safeway. Therefore, it is simply impossible to be upset by Boz Boorer's crass attempts at making money. And anyway, the poor man, what can he possibly do, stuck with a c@nt of a boss like that? :) Run away? I mean look at him.

Skinny, maybe you should put a wet towel over your head.

In a bad mood I'd say Ringleader was his last great record. That's How People Grow Up was crap. Someone Is Squeezing My Sack was worse. In a good mood I'd say there are some brilliant songs on World Peace and High in Low School. Moz's voice is better than ever. I enjoy his concerts. At times I feel Moz owes us nothing after giving us so many brilliant Smiths and Solo albums.

I never said anything about money not being an object.

He’s selling his autograph and sharing
the work of an artist that greatly influenced him.

He sets the price for what his signature by his own hand may be worth.

Do you think someone is paying
300$ for a record they can buy somewhere else at a more reasonable price?

Is he selling the record unsigned for $300 ?

Is he bootlegging the record
and stealing from the company and the original artist?
You are endorsing him here. He is self destructing. Self destruction is an act of insanity. You can try to reason your way through all that's going on, but you cannot find reason in the unreasonable. If he has any fans left that care about him, shame on you all for attending shows, purchasing obviously, very wrong merchandise. For cheering on the many self destructing things he is doing. You are egging him on to career suicide.

jeez. a good friend and fellow disciple (we made the pilgrimage to manchester together for the 50th bday concert) once told me how, when he was working at a record chain here in NYC, M walked in one day. my friend flew across the store, smiths cd in hand and asked for an autograph. the response: a cold "i'm not in that band anymore." my friend then scrambled to get a solo cd and rip it open, before M departed the store. :(

jeez. a good friend and fellow disciple (we made the pilgrimage to manchester together for the 50th bday concert) once told me how, when he was working at a record chain here in NYC, M walked in one day. my friend flew across the store, smiths cd in hand and asked for an autograph. the response: a cold "i'm not in that band anymore." my friend then scrambled to get a solo cd and rip it open, before M departed the store. :(

And who could forget the time Moz turned down a request to sign an autograph because he was suffering from Ebola? That's really endearing isn't it? :confused:

https://www.spin.com/2015/01/morrissey-ebola/

Maybe if he just added $5 to the proper price. But $300? Who buys this crap? Getting raped by Moz, figuratively speaking.
But what is the "proper price" for an LP signed by Morrissey? His own signed records seem to be going for at least 300 on eBay, give or take.
As Ket said, you're paying for the signature, not the record. Anyone who wants to buy Aladdin Sane can buy it off amazon for 30 dollars.

a fan video was posted on the smiths & Morrissey rarities last month , (by Victor Esparza), who had half a dozen Moz LPs in hand, moz signed them on stage, every single one of them, then snubbed another fan who wanted their What Difference Does It Make signed, “Nope, you brought the wrong one”, I thought he was just pissing about and would eventually sign it, but nope. I know if you do your homework it’s known that Moz doesn’t sign smiths records no more, but to see a paying fan f***ed off like that, was pretty shitty, I’m sure the guy or girl felt really shitty too.

Of course, Morrissey sets the prices himself.

No one was upset about this on a Broadway then? Outrage culture boiling up. Where’s David Lammy when you need him.

Absolutely desperate.

I hope Mike Joyce starts selling 'signed' copies of Autobiography from the back of a van for £200 a pop.
I wouldn't take Mike Joyce , the van and his autograph for nothing, never mind 200.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom