Morrissey sells signed other peoples albums - NME, Louder Than War, Consequence of Sound

So he's now signing albums by other artists and sells them at 300 dollars apiece at his concerts.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-signed-bunch-artists-albums-hes-selling-2561658

I can't decide who we should be more worried about: Morrissey or the people who actually buy these.

Also:

Weird merch : Morrissey selling classic albums by other people that he has autographed on his merch stall - Louder Than War. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Morrissey is signing other artists’ albums and selling them for $300 at shows - Consequence of Sound. Link posted by an anonymous person.

UPDATE Oct. 29:

Link from shoplifterromo:

Why Is Morrissey Like This? - SPIN

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching all the familiar hatebots and anon psychopaths surrender all semblance of logic as they criticize why Morrissey would do this is truly a sight to behold. You people are beyond hope. This thing is, without a doubt, a truly clever and kind gesture on his part.

He is STILL KING

:thumb:

In what context could this in any way be considered clever or kind? This is a deeply cynical cash-grab orchestrated by someone who knows that a handful of his pathetic newcomer fans will purchase anything he serves up. Your commitment to believing that Morrissey is still some kind of cultural force is deeply depressing. He could shit himself in public and you people would still say, "Wow, still making headlines after all these years! An artist at his peak!"

how stupid have you gotta be not to see why he’s done it. If it’s simply a tribute to his fave artists/albums, then why not 50 quid, or 100, if money isn’t the object. He’s flogging them for 300 quid, greedy bastard. You’re thick as f*** and full of excuses.

I never said anything about money not being an object.

He’s selling his autograph and sharing
the work of an artist that greatly influenced him.

He sets the price for what his signature by his own hand may be worth.

Do you think someone is paying
300$ for a record they can buy somewhere else at a more reasonable price?

Is he selling the record unsigned for $300 ?

Is he bootlegging the record
and stealing from the company and the original artist?

In what context could this in any way be considered clever or kind? This is a deeply cynical cash-grab orchestrated by someone who knows that a handful of his pathetic newcomer fans will purchase anything he serves up. Your commitment to believing that Morrissey is still some kind of cultural force is deeply depressing. He could shit himself in public and you people would still say, "Wow, still making headlines after all these years! An artist at his peak!"
First check eBay or other sites and see what a signed Moz-album actually costs on the market before you make all kind of silly assumptions.

:rolleyes: This is a cash-grab orchestrated by someone who knows that a handful of his pathetic newcomer fans will purchase anything he serves up.

Use your loaf.

:cool:

Edit: use your troll loaf.

Last edited:
I never said anything about money not being an object.

You are one tiresome Morrissey apologist c***. An artist that greatly influenced him? An artist he hated, an artist that he failed to offer a single word of condolence when he died. How many posts of dead celebs have popped up Central over the last few years? Tons! Where was Bowie’s mention.

First check eBay or other sites and see what a signed Moz-album actually costs on the market before you make all kind of silly assumptions.

They would prefer the market/eBay
be flooded with overpriced fake autographs done by madasun.

:crazy::lbf:

I see a signed copy of Low in High School with a $350 asking price that's been listed since June. Your point?

Patti Smith is not dead but you're right it smacks of money-grabbing exploitation.

Not a word about Bowie's death but he's content to cash in now. Dreadful.

David Bowie stole from Madness song "My Girl" which is worse.
As Charlie Watts said Bowie wrote" one or two good songs but was no genius".
Morrissey just autographed what was probably Bowie's only original work.
It's actually genius. I might buy a Morrissey album signed by Patti Smith but can't think of anyone else.

You are one tiresome Morrissey apologist c***. An artist that greatly influenced him? An artist he hated, an artist that he failed to offer a single word of condolence when he died. How many posts of dead celebs have popped up Central over the last few years? Tons! Where was Bowie’s mention.

He hated Bowie? and that’s why he never offered a condolence or made his private feelings for Bowie public ?

Umm.. okay.

‘So he's now signing albums by other artists ...’

Morrissey is having a giggle as he rightly knows this first and pioneering
move will befuddle and irritate many who after all never understood him in the first place.

Ketamine, I respect your posts. I do. But (sorry!) I think if Moz started killing babies on stage you'd be convinced he's ridding the world of future Hitlers :horny:

Absolutely desperate.

I hope Mike Joyce starts selling 'signed' copies of Autobiography from the back of a van for £200 a pop.

I can’t believe this is a news story. I find it endearing that he’s selling these favorite records of his!
Maybe if he just added $5 to the proper price. But $300? Who buys this crap? Getting raped by Moz, figuratively speaking.

...Ketamine Sun, care to explain to me (and Morrissey) how Morten Harket is redundant, and you're not?

Careful, for the first time in ages, I think the right-wing anti-migrant mother-selling lunatic and I might see :cool: to :cool: hush-hush on something.

Are you more beautiful and charming and talented than the whole of A-ha? Go on, I'm listening, sell yourself.
Based from the vibes you give here so far, I picture you more as Jeff Albertson, but please go ahead.

Oh, by the way, to the others, about that letter: guys, Boz Boorer doesn't exist. Boz Boorer is at best, a stocky not particularly pleasant shopkeeper. Boz Boorer might, in another life, grumpily stock shelves in Safeway. Therefore, it is simply impossible to be upset by Boz Boorer's crass attempts at making money. And anyway, the poor man, what can he possibly do, stuck with a c@nt of a boss like that? :) Run away? I mean look at him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom