Morrissey sells signed other peoples albums - NME, Louder Than War, Consequence of Sound

So he's now signing albums by other artists and sells them at 300 dollars apiece at his concerts.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-signed-bunch-artists-albums-hes-selling-2561658

I can't decide who we should be more worried about: Morrissey or the people who actually buy these.

Also:

Weird merch : Morrissey selling classic albums by other people that he has autographed on his merch stall - Louder Than War. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Morrissey is signing other artists’ albums and selling them for $300 at shows - Consequence of Sound. Link posted by an anonymous person.

UPDATE Oct. 29:

Link from shoplifterromo:

Why Is Morrissey Like This? - SPIN

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine you spent years writing a book, or writing songs and recording an album. You put every fiber of your soul into the effort. And then another artist signs copies of your life's work with a modicum of effort and sells it for a hefty profit.

If you say you would be fine with it, I am extremely skeptical.
That's how lowlife Morrissey is. He has done exactly that.

Yes, but people are paying for his autograph not for the record that it’s on.

I don’t see how another artist can pull this off.

I mean why would someone pay 300$ for a Morrissey record signed by a lesser artist that they could buy at a more reasonable price somewhere else.
He isn't 'pulling this off'. He is being vilified, castigated and appearing like an unscrupulous opportunist. Again.

He just did this to irritate many - that's your explanation?

I never gave or intended to give an explanation. I didn’t claim it was his one and only reason for doing this. We could all have differing opinions as to why, but only he has the correct answer for why he did so.

So Morrissey couldn’t be bothered to put out a statement upon David Bowie’s death but a couple years on he’ll deface one of his albums with his child-like scrawling?

How fast would a statement be issued (along with a cease and desist order) if another artist was hocking defaced copies of Morrissey’s records at highway robbery prices at their gigs?

TRUTH

All I take away from this is that Mr. Minor-League B-list Morrissey has seriously devalued albums by respected legends due to scribbling on them.

An expensive ‘scribble’ that’s worth it’s weight in gold, at least $300 worth.

And hey, you get a free record thrown in for free! maybe one that you’ve only just heard of, but after a listen it may change your life, and by doing so you may look into other records by this under appreciated artist.

Thank Morrissey later for turning you on to it.

I never gave or intended to give an explanation. I didn’t claim it was his one and only reason for doing this. We could all have differing opinions as to why, but only he has the correct answer for why he did so.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Perhaps you should be clear about what you wish to convey before typing and posting it. You did offer an explanation now you explain that only Morrissey has the answer. This suggests you accept that this was Morrissey's idea and that he is responsible for it? He is therefore, based on your interpretation, responsible for this understandable backlash to such a crass action.

No shame whatsoever how many times have we told you?
Remember the time they tried to get a number one single on the back of the Paris attacks?

TTY: Universal Music, the approach made to David Joseph, since denied by David Joseph
Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2015 (read-only)' started by hand in glove, Nov 26, 2015.

By hand in glove on Nov 26, 2015 at 7:43 AM

1. Universal Music, the approach made to David Joseph, since denied by David Joseph - true-to-you.net
    25 November 2015

On 18 Nov 2015, at 15:29, Boz Boorer -------------------- wrote:

Dear David,

My name is Boz Boorer and I represent all of the musicians who played
    on I'M THROWING MY ARMS AROUND PARIS (Morrissey).

We are shocked that you have made no move this week to promote the
    above song (download/special 7-inch/special CD) to support the people
    of Paris. Any other artist would be number 1 with this song RIGHT NOW.

Why are you doing nothing? There is no other song in modern music that
    aptly supports the people of Paris.

Most sincerely yours

BOZ BOORER

JESSE TOBIAS
    GUSTAVO MANZUR
    MATTHEW IRA WALKER
    MANDO LOPEZ.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: November 19, 2015 at 6:39:51 PM GMT-2
    To: Boz Boorer --------------------
    Subject: Re: Paris

Dear Boz

Thank you for copying your email to me.

I think we all know that this would be an appropriate and compelling gesture.

I spoke with David Joseph today. His position is that owing to Universal having a very close connection to the events, much as they see your point, they are not intending to release any records in response to the tragic events of last Friday. They feel it is too raw for them given the death of one of their staff members and instead they are going to show support and solidarity in other ways, including concerts in Paris later this year by some of their artists.

However, I believe that Universal would licence the song back for eg a release for proceeds to relevant charities (which I assume would be the plan). In short there may be a possibility here but it would have to be a release via a third party. Personally I think there could be a very forceful statement to be made. It will of course require M's input. Have you discussed this with him - I assume so.

If you want me to pursue this, please let me know. Time inevitably is of the essence.

Yours sincerely

John

John Reid
    Partner
    Russells Solicitors

WHAT A CRANKFRAUD !
    No shame.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

PRE-ORDER MORRISSEY'S NEW ALBUM "THIS IS NOT ME SINGING"
LIMITED EDITION SIGNED BY DAMON ANACREONTE

By the way Morrissey, I have the best of A-ha on CD, it'd be my pleasure to sign it for you.

No no, keep your money, just give me your mother's house, to cover the shipping costs.

:lbf:

No CALL THE COMET:drama:
for sale or display:highfive:

No "TRACERS":ahhh:
no "Hi hello hello hi and goodbye"

none of the sucky songs available. No sales for Mr Comet.:tiphat:

What a shit article. People who read Consequence of Sound wash their paper plates. I would buy a few. Supply & Demand snowflakes.

Once again ^^
When you know you’re winning the argument the stupid 4ck numpty’s resort to these pathetic tactics. :clap:
Nobody on here is fooled.
Once again I have exposed Steven as a true CrankFraud, just as I have many times in the past long before Ketchup Bum, Vegan Bellend and the likes of were shot out of their Daddy’s sack. It’s all there in the archives.

You are hoplessly deluded. He just did this to irritate many - that's your explanation? OK then. If that's the deal ... which charity is Morrissey donating the funds from this irritathon to?

WTF? you want Moz handouts and charity instead of finding work?
:lbf:

why dont you sell some Skinny signed Kelele "ep's"?:lbf:

Watching Ketamine Sun and the other sycophants surrender all semblance of logic as they try to rationalize why Morrissey would do this is truly a sight to behold. You people are beyond hope. This thing is, without a doubt, one of the most pathetic little moves he's ever made.

He used to possess such aesthetic elegance, what the f*** happened?

He could sign anything.

True dat.
Like, he could sign his fans and sell them in that record shop in Camden!
How much do you reckon you're worth, Ketamine? ;)

All the old fans he signed before launching that business he could sell in batches on ebay.

I think that's a brilliant idea, actually! So very avant-garde. :cool:

"Hurry while stock lasts!"

He could sell his mother, too, but it's hard to write on wrinkled skin; besides, she never was a fan.

-Speaking of fan: have you, or have you not, Morrissey, a Smiths album signed by everybody in the band except you? :popcorn:

Once again ^^
When you know you’re winning the argument the stupid 4ck numpty’s resort to these pathetic tactics. :clap:
Nobody on here is fooled.
Once again I have exposed Steven as a true CrankFraud, just as I have many times in the past long before Ketchup Bum, Vegan Bellend and the likes of were shot out of their Daddy’s sack. It’s all there in the archives.

this is what is exposed in Moz bank account::laughing:
more LPS to be sold tonight:lbf:, twats:thumb:

cash-pile-1.png

You did offer an explanation now you explain that only Morrissey has the answer. This suggests you accept that this was Morrissey's idea and that he is responsible for it? He is therefore, based on your interpretation, responsible for this understandable backlash to such a crass action.

No I never gave an explanation as to exactly why he has done what he has done. Only he knows that answer.

No I never gave an explanation as to exactly why he has done what he has done. Only he knows that answer.

how stupid have you gotta be not to see why he’s done it. If it’s simply a tribute to his fave artists/albums, then why not 50 quid, or 100, if money isn’t the object. He’s flogging them for 300 quid, greedy bastard. You’re thick as f*** and full of excuses.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom