Morrissey sells signed other peoples albums - NME, Louder Than War, Consequence of Sound

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eldritch, Oct 28, 2019.

By Eldritch on Oct 28, 2019 at 2:33 PM
  1. Eldritch

Eldritch Well-Known Member

So he's now signing albums by other artists and sells them at 300 dollars apiece at his concerts.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-signed-bunch-artists-albums-hes-selling-2561658

I can't decide who we should be more worried about: Morrissey or the people who actually buy these.

Also:

Weird merch : Morrissey selling classic albums by other people that he has autographed on his merch stall - Louder Than War. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Morrissey is signing other artists’ albums and selling them for $300 at shows - Consequence of Sound. Link posted by an anonymous person.

UPDATE Oct. 29:

Link from shoplifterromo:

Why Is Morrissey Like This? - SPIN

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eldritch, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Actually Tracey Emin did that already so it wouldn't be original work .
      Whereas signing your favourite records is. Fair play to him. He has the Midas touch.
    2. vegan cro spirit 555
      vegan cro spirit 555
      :straightface:

Moz autograph is cheap at 300 dollars for FFS and selling more copies of his
      fav albums than amazon and ebay and whatever else.:thumb:

You skinny pseuds have no sense whatsoever, due to never having jobs and
      being on the dole for many years:lbf:
      • Like Like x 1
      • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
    3. ACTON
      ACTON
      Not really. Suede are better than ever and Brett gives intelligent interviews. The new Nick Cave album Ghosteen is his best yet and his concerts are mesmerising in intensity. Moz has a great singing voice but sounds like a twat every time he speaks (these days anyway). I remember all the magazine and NME front covers, rushing to buy them to read what Moz had to say. Cutting, insightful, and funny. Constructive calamity. Now it's just negativity for the sake of a headline. To amuse who? The same morons who buy $300 records signed by someone else? I bet they don't even have a record player. The world is full of crashing snores.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    4. Verso
      Verso
      Honest question, when do you guys think Morrissey died? I'm going to say sometime midway through the Ringleader tour. Quarry would have been such a fitting swan song. A little stiff, a little bloated, but mostly made up of good songs full of memorable lines. A couple victory laps around the world and renewed legacy status in pop music. By 2008, you could start to smell the milk curdling, but even something like "That's How People Grow Up" couldn't tip us off to how dire things would get within the decade to follow.

I mean, fuck. Look at that Hollywood Bowl show in 2007 and compare it to Saturday night. He and the band look great, the setlist is nearly flawless and the crowd was rapturous for a man who had not yet dismantled every morsel of good will he'd accrued over 30 years in the limelight. Now you've got an undersold double-headlining tour with a scattered, sagging set and a merch table with all the subtlety of a truckstop bathroom. Bleak. Where's Jo Slee? Where's Linder? Where's Alain? Hell, where's Merck Mercuriadis?
      • Like Like x 4
      • Insightful Insightful x 2
    5. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun
      They are not raising eyebrows for any reason, they say nothing, regardless if one agrees with Morrissey or not, he speaks his mind.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    6. ACTON
      ACTON
      If he did he'd probably give a big chunk to a good cause like Salford Lads Club.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
    7. Thewlis
      Thewlis
      They certainly don’t play the Hollywood Bowl in front of 17,500 people or a Broadway residency. And for a reason.
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Troll Troll x 1
    8. PuppetParrot
      PuppetParrot
      Skinny you were smelling milk curdling in 2008? Not a good sign, Skinny.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Troll Troll x 2
    9. PuppetParrot
      PuppetParrot
      Mike would have to rob a bookstore first. Except with his autograph he would probably have to sell for less than retail.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    10. PuppetParrot
      PuppetParrot
      Suede are crashing snores and bores.
      • Troll Troll x 2
    11. PuppetParrot
      PuppetParrot
      Skinny, maybe you should put a wet towel over your head.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Troll Troll x 1
    12. ACTON
      ACTON
      In a bad mood I'd say Ringleader was his last great record. That's How People Grow Up was crap. Someone Is Squeezing My Sack was worse. In a good mood I'd say there are some brilliant songs on World Peace and High in Low School. Moz's voice is better than ever. I enjoy his concerts. At times I feel Moz owes us nothing after giving us so many brilliant Smiths and Solo albums.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      You are endorsing him here. He is self destructing. Self destruction is an act of insanity. You can try to reason your way through all that's going on, but you cannot find reason in the unreasonable. If he has any fans left that care about him, shame on you all for attending shows, purchasing obviously, very wrong merchandise. For cheering on the many self destructing things he is doing. You are egging him on to career suicide.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    14. saintST3PH3N
      saintST3PH3N
      jeez. a good friend and fellow disciple (we made the pilgrimage to manchester together for the 50th bday concert) once told me how, when he was working at a record chain here in NYC, M walked in one day. my friend flew across the store, smiths cd in hand and asked for an autograph. the response: a cold "i'm not in that band anymore." my friend then scrambled to get a solo cd and rip it open, before M departed the store. :(
      • Interesting Interesting x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      And who could forget the time Moz turned down a request to sign an autograph because he was suffering from Ebola? That's really endearing isn't it? :confused:

https://www.spin.com/2015/01/morrissey-ebola/
    16. billybu69
      billybu69
      Genius steals.
      • Troll Troll x 1
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      But what is the "proper price" for an LP signed by Morrissey? His own signed records seem to be going for at least 300 on eBay, give or take.
      As Ket said, you're paying for the signature, not the record. Anyone who wants to buy Aladdin Sane can buy it off amazon for 30 dollars.
    18. ordinaryboy86
      ordinaryboy86
      a fan video was posted on the smiths & Morrissey rarities last month , (by Victor Esparza), who had half a dozen Moz LPs in hand, moz signed them on stage, every single one of them, then snubbed another fan who wanted their What Difference Does It Make signed, “Nope, you brought the wrong one”, I thought he was just pissing about and would eventually sign it, but nope. I know if you do your homework it’s known that Moz doesn’t sign smiths records no more, but to see a paying fan fucked off like that, was pretty shitty, I’m sure the guy or girl felt really shitty too.
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Interesting Interesting x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    19. NealCassidy
      NealCassidy
      Of course, Morrissey sets the prices himself.

No one was upset about this on a Broadway then? Outrage culture boiling up. Where’s David Lammy when you need him.
      • Troll Troll x 4
      • Like Like x 2
    20. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I wouldn't take Mike Joyce , the van and his autograph for nothing, never mind 200.
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1