Morrissey says Der Spiegel last print interview he will do; suggests words weren't said

Link posted by an anonymous person (original post) in the Chicago post-show thread:

Also posted in the post-show thread by Famous when dead (original post):

Full quote:

41544_41537_FB_IMG_1511706504841.jpg

SER shows solidarity:

41543_41538_20171126_144331.png

Related item:

Last edited:
How f***ing predictable is this. We all said this was going to happen and here it is. He'll start his usual chest beating about sueing but this will come to nothing as he actually said every word or what they printed

Last but not least - thank you Morrissey. For the last decade or so all we've wanted is for you to stop talking

Ehm, Who is we?
I didn’t wanted him to stop talking.
Are you speaking on behalf of the so-called “silent majority” of anonymouses? You really think there is? In any case, not so silent but still anonymous.

So safe and easy, always an escape route to hide and pretend you didn’t say those things. It was another anonymous. Or even the same cause it makes no difference. Yeah sure. :rolleyes:
Very brave.

Ehm, Who is we?
I didn’t wanted him to stop talking.
Are you speaking on behalf of the so-called “silent majority” of anonymouses? You really think there is? In any case, not so silent but still anonymous.

So safe and easy, always an escape route to hide and pretend you didn’t say those things. It was another anonymous. Or even the same cause it makes no difference. Yeah sure. :rolleyes:
Very brave.

"We" as in the sane minded individuals who are not blindly defending every deplorable statement that comes out of the man's mouth. What is the obsession with my anonymity? What difference would it make if I was a registered user with some stupid profile pic and limited information about myself? Does that relegate my opinion? If you think so please explain the logic to me!

Also - Brave?? It's a f***ing Morrissey forum mate. Do you think I fear reprisals for speaking ill of his Grace?

Anybody going to make a thread on the incoming comments from Morrissey with this royal news? :D

Oldest trick in the book. Say something nasty and then claim you were misquoted, misspoke or in this modern age were ‘hacked’.

He’s backtracking furiously because he made stupid comments and they bit him on the arse. So he comes out with some woolly denial on stage at a show. Then his talentless tiny nephew makes his lame denial into a poster and the drooling section of his fan base lap it up.

He said exactly what was printed. If he hadn’t he’d sue them. He won’t. He never does. Newspapers, magazines, record companies, clothing manufacturers. All supposedly do him wrong but no one ever gets taken to court. I wonder why. Maybe because Morrissey is exactly how that judge described him years ago.

Thank god he’s stopped doing interviews so we won’t have to listen to his half baked reactionary view of life or hear how he thinks immigration is diluting the dear old England he abandoned many years ago. Sadly, his pledge to never do another interview will last as long as his other pledges and he’ll be back misspeaking again very soon.

Guys, guys. It’s true - Berlin is GRAPE capital of Europe. Y’know ‘cos of the climate. And the open BORDEAUX. it’s all clear now and we can relax.

Oldest trick in the book. Say something nasty and then claim you were misquoted, misspoke or in this modern age were ‘hacked’.

He’s backtracking furiously because he made stupid comments and they bit him on the arse. So he comes out with some woolly denial on stage at a show. Then his talentless tiny nephew makes his lame denial into a poster and the drooling section of his fan base lap it up.

He said exactly what was printed. If he hadn’t he’d sue them. He won’t. He never does. Newspapers, magazines, record companies, clothing manufacturers. All supposedly do him wrong but no one ever gets taken to court. I wonder why. Maybe because Morrissey is exactly how that judge described him years ago.

Thank god he’s stopped doing interviews so we won’t have to listen to his half baked reactionary view of life or hear how he thinks immigration is diluting the dear old England he abandoned many years ago. Sadly, his pledge to never do another interview will last as long as his other pledges and he’ll be back misspeaking again very soon.

The NME settled out of court and apologised following the 'Big Mouth Strikes Again' article.

Exactly this. Spot on, and how the deluded individuals that cling to his every world keep defending him is beyond me. There comes a point where enough is enough, and these comments he has been making have been taking a sinister turn lately. It’s no longer knee-jerk reaction for a lot of us anymore where he says something controversial now and again, and we go “oh my God,” or “he didn’t mean it like that,” or “his words are being misinterpreted,” etc. This is happening repeatedly and frequently now, and I find it a pill too difficult to just swallow anymore.

"We" as in the sane minded individuals who are not blindly defending every deplorable statement that comes out of the man's mouth. What is the obsession with my anonymity? What difference would it make if I was a registered user with some stupid profile pic and limited information about myself? Does that relegate my opinion? If you think so please explain the logic to me!

Also - Brave?? It's a f***ing Morrissey forum mate. Do you think I fear reprisals for speaking ill of his Grace?

No. Of course not.
When you register as a member you agree with the TOS and provide an emailadress and your posts are not modified before showing up.

Due to fact this site is leniently moderated as a policy and allows anonymous posts you can just say anything and are only banned or on a time out when other posters report you for violation of the toss.

The thing is you can always hide and not be accountable in any way cause you don’t have to supply an emailaddress.
Stand behind what you are saying and don’t hide.

Johnny and Mike are silent on the ickey Mozz situation. Johnny didn't have to tell us why he really ditched the Smiths in his autobiography. He had Morrissey egg all over his face.
I believe it boiled down to "I agreed to play the guitar and write music, not all of this business shit and then Cilla Black, for fook's sake."

Guys, guys. It’s true - Berlin is GRAPE capital of Europe. Y’know ‘cos of the climate. And the open BORDEAUX. it’s all clear now and we can relax.

well he doesn't like red wine, so of course he would talk ill of the Grape capital of Europe.

All the pieces are falling together! , & never trusted that google translation anyways.

Johnny didn't have to tell us why he really ditched the Smiths in his autobiography. He had Morrissey egg all over his face.
Morrissey's eggs all over his face? Are you talking about bukkake? That's gross. No wonder the poor sod threw the towel in. Even Alain wouldn't put up with that. :sick:

The interview in Der Spiegel didnt bother me that much. What bothers me much more are weasel words. Is he really saying that Der Spiegel didnt capture the gist of what he said? Pathetic.

This is a fantastic insight. He's absolutely livid he's not reached the coveted number one spot yet again. He can't contain his anger and bitterness, just look at the way he's stretching that shirt. Brummie told you all that Steve wouldn't be happy with anything other than numro uno and now we have proof for all to see with this clip. A fantastic achievement for all debunkers, well done everyone.
Raffaele Barone this one is for you my friend, thank you so much for everything you did and continue to do in your daily duties protecting the public from fekin eejit clowns like Stevo trying to use you and pull a stunt to promote his latest flop LP.

Victory to the debunkers and many thanks to all who boycotted.

#Switzerland is mine

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

This whole controversy is so damn depressing. I've barely read anything where anyone is talking about this record in intelligent terms, either here, on reddit, or on any message board. (Certainly not in any music writing.) This is an uncompromising album by songwriter that has always dared to be himself. Even if one disagrees with Morrissey now, but has appreciated his work in the past, there are so many intelligent conversations that this record could provoke.

1. Is it right to hold those that actually commit acts of violence in the name of a nation state accountable?
2. Should the people of a nation be held to account for the actions of their government?
3. What artistic sources, either musically or lyrically, has Morrissey used for this release?
4. Israel, whatever you think of the song, is not a straight politically topical song. Some of the lines seem to be about his own struggle with Catholicism. How do you think this song can be interpreted?
5. Should one confuse the art and the artist?

I mean those are just five things off the top of my head. I do realize that some here are debating some those things, and sometimes intelligently, but mostly people are just jumping to conclusions based on headlines, etc.

Has Morrissey not always been a complicated person and artist? It's not that Morrissey has gotten more controversial, but that we seem to have less stomach for the outrageous and controversial as a society. If you read Conversations with Morrissey, he hasn't changed as much as people think.

I can't remember the last time I bought a record, before this one, that actually made me think and questions myself. (Maybe the last Leonard Cohen record?) We're lucky to have him and will miss him when gone. Look at the top 40. It's a f***ing wasteland. Many artists through the years have been very complicated people. If we banish artists just because of their opinions, we will be all the poorer for it. Thank heavens he is out there, a mutant in our time...

This whole controversy is so damn depressing. I've barely read anything where anyone is talking about this record in intelligent terms, either here, on reddit, or on any message board. (Certainly not in any music writing.) This is an uncompromising album by songwriter that has always dared to be himself. Even if one disagrees with Morrissey now, but has appreciated his work in the past, there are so many intelligent conversations that this record could provoke..

It truly is a shame the greatness of this "intelligent" album is being overshadowed by stupidity. Sadly, Mozz himself shares much of the blame if for only not being more precise in his wording in interviews. All he needs to do is provide a official statement explaining which "words" have been misconstrued. Otherwise he has played right into the hands of his haters and enemies. Look at the jack offs here teeing off on him. I can understand Moz being so jaded that he wonders why he should bother but if he wants to say something he should say it. This album deserves a second look. It's one of the best albums he's been a part of. He can stop the bleeding..but will he?

The use of mudslinging was a deliberate act to trick people into depriving themselves of this wonderful album, #LowInHighSchool. Luckily it only worked on the stupid people who actually buy into political correctness.

iHeartMOZ

This whole controversy is so damn depressing. I've barely read anything where anyone is talking about this record in intelligent terms, either here, on reddit, or on any message board. (Certainly not in any music writing.) This is an uncompromising album by songwriter that has always dared to be himself. Even if one disagrees with Morrissey now, but has appreciated his work in the past, there are so many intelligent conversations that this record could provoke.

1. Is it right to hold those that actually commit acts of violence in the name of a nation state accountable?
2. Should the people of a nation be held to account for the actions of their government?
3. What artistic sources, either musically or lyrically, has Morrissey used for this release?
4. Israel, whatever you think of the song, is not a straight politically topical song. Some of the lines seem to be about his own struggle with Catholicism. How do you think this song can be interpreted?
5. Should one confuse the art and the artist?

I mean those are just five things off the top of my head. I do realize that some here are debating some those things, and sometimes intelligently, but mostly people are just jumping to conclusions based on headlines, etc.

Has Morrissey not always been a complicated person and artist? It's not that Morrissey has gotten more controversial, but that we seem to have less stomach for the outrageous and controversial as a society. If you read Conversations with Morrissey, he hasn't changed as much as people think.

I can't remember the last time I bought a record, before this one, that actually made me think and questions myself. (Maybe the last Leonard Cohen record?) We're lucky to have him and will miss him when gone. Look at the top 40. It's a f***ing wasteland. Many artists through the years have been very complicated people. If we banish artists just because of their opinions, we will be all the poorer for it. Thank heavens he is out there, a mutant in our time...

My name is Apey and I don't like Mozzy anymore because I feel like he exaggerated the reality of animal slaughter and he expresses opinions that hurt my ego because they are not politically correct. But he was downright sweet to me when I happened to be at the same restaurant as him.

From,
Apey

He is still maladjusted and so are we so quit judging him so harshly. Why do a few comments get blown up so much.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom