Morrissey says Der Spiegel last print interview he will do; suggests words weren't said

Link posted by an anonymous person (original post) in the Chicago post-show thread:

Also posted in the post-show thread by Famous when dead (original post):

Full quote:

41544_41537_FB_IMG_1511706504841.jpg

SER shows solidarity:

41543_41538_20171126_144331.png

Related item:

Last edited:
Bullshit! He did extensive touring between 1999-2002 without any new releases, so kind of makes his point there moot. It was just for dramatic effect (as always) to generate some publicity and make sure that the shows sold out as quickly as possible.

Well if the intent was to make those shows sell out quickly, it might have been worthwhile making the statement earlier than the Friday (when he played Hull) before the Sunday Hammersmith show which, you guessed it, was already sold out. So try harder.

SOSB

If Morrissey was serious about this, then he'd issue a clear statement saying exactly where he'd been misrepresented, and stating his actual views clearly. True To You may be gone, but he's issued statements via his Facebook page before (eg after the Manchester bombing).

But it won't happen. He loves causing a stir, saying controversial things, then ducking back out of sight and offering vague woolly denials later. It generates a huge amount of press attention, and his more deluded followers will cling to any scrap of hope that their beloved leader is some kind of left-wing, immigrant loving, progressive. He wins both ways. It's actually quite clever.

He's been playing this game for years - he knows exactly what he's doing.

If Morrissey was serious about this, then he'd issue a clear statement saying exactly where he'd been misrepresented, and stating his actual views clearly. True To You may be gone, but he's issued statements via his Facebook page before (eg after the Manchester bombing).

But it won't happen. He loves causing a stir, saying controversial things, then ducking back out of sight and offering vague woolly denials later. It generates a huge amount of press attention, and his more deluded followers will cling to any scrap of hope that their beloved leader is some kind of left-wing, immigrant loving, progressive. He wins both ways. It's actually quite clever.

He's been playing this game for years - he knows exactly what he's doing.
he knows exactly what he's doing - Unfortunately this time it has slapped him in the face.

1. That's a real shame because I was truly looking forward to an interview from Katamine Sun.

2. No I mean I was hoping for a special interview from David or Benny-The-Butchered-Butcher (or substituted players) from Morrissey-SoLow with Morrissey......

3. Alternatively eeing "Uncle Skinny" walking upto Morrissey and Boz Boorer wearing his Morrissey-SoLow TShirt.......

NO I'M JOKING

But then again, I would "love" to see number 3 !!!

Hazard
x

it's Ketamine actually.

:tiphat:

Clearly he's full of shit...he said generally the same things in the Sunday Times article. I mean, the man can say whatever he wats, but at least have the guts to own it. Nope...not our boy.

This is the last print interview I will ever do, no I've changed my mind again, goodnight and Thank you.

This clown needs a good kickin.

How f***ing predictable is this. We all said this was going to happen and here it is. He'll start his usual chest beating about sueing but this will come to nothing as he actually said every word or what they printed

Last but not least - thank you Morrissey. For the last decade or so all we've wanted is for you to stop talking

Johnny and Mike are silent on the ickey Mozz situation. Johnny didn't have to tell us why he really ditched the Smiths in his autobiography. He had Morrissey egg all over his face.

Shoe size, predictive text error....

And to the person that marked my post as 'dislike': can't handle argument based on cast iron fact? Too bad c***face!
Grow up.
When you can put a name to your post, then you can name call.
Now go away.

The last interview.....
The last gig in UK......
The last record.....
The last slice of bacon.....
Blablablabla.......

But....
More re-edition....
More re-issues...
More re-package....
More bonus demo-track....
More bonus live....
MoneyMoneyMoney....

It's very funny (almost..... well, not at all), each time, it's the same story.
He gave an interview, and after he doesn't assume and said that is the newspaper who has not printed his real words.
Big Mouth but a little coward still...
I just wait the european gigs, just to see the reaction of the audience.... Sheep or not... Brain or not.... The list may be long

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom