Morrissey says Der Spiegel last print interview he will do; suggests words weren't said

Link posted by an anonymous person (original post) in the Chicago post-show thread:

Also posted in the post-show thread by Famous when dead (original post):

Full quote:

41544_41537_FB_IMG_1511706504841.jpg

SER shows solidarity:

41543_41538_20171126_144331.png

Related item:

Last edited:
Korda Marshall, you lose ! Stevo has been silenced, L O L.
If only you'd listened to Steve Barnett. Ha ha !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

TROLL, WANKER, MOTHER4KR, SCUMBAG, JIZZFACE , C@NT BREATH, ARSEHOLE X 67 :thumbsup::handfist:

Dear oh dear, Morrissey. Keep digging - we can still see ya. We listened to the words that hinted at sympathy for Anne Marie Waters coming out of your mouth - so we know you have some dodgy views. Don't try to blame it on Der Spiegel...This is like someone breaking wind and then blaming it on the dog.

Putting words in his mouth, like this TV hack in England that happened forty years ago to this very day?

Link posted by an anonymous person (original post) in the Chicago post-show thread:

Also posted in the post-show thread by Famous when dead (original post):

Full quote:

41544_41537_FB_IMG_1511706504841.jpg

SER shows solidarity:

41543_41538_20171126_144331.png

Related item:

Are we expected to believe that Morrissey did not say what is claimed in the German article? What exactly is it that he DIDN'T say? Why if he feels he has been misrepresented by the press has he not clearly represented himself and stated clearly and without ambiguity the exact comments that he DID NOT say. In his own defense what we get is a vague, flippant on stage soundbite that clarifies nothing.

Are we then expected to believe that he did not say in an UK article that "Brexit was a strike for democracy". How? Explain? Another juvenile soundbite.

These last few months have seen me move further away from Morrissey. I still enjoy the music very much and think the new album is a fine addition to his catalogue but his statements leave me feeling more and more uneasy. If he cannot state clearly what he believes in what chance does the media have. The media will jump on any negative aspect for their own gain and Morrissey helpfully provides them with the ammunition.

In The Sunday Times article it seems to convey a man desperately attempting to hold on to an Englishness that he himself renounced years earlier by leaving England. I find it difficult to listen to a man espouse nationalism of a country that he himself will not live in? How can I be expected to take his long-distance comments seriously?

I suspect that over time (sooner rather than later) Morrissey and I will be no more. It's unlikely that he'll change and be clear is his statements. It's equally unlikely that I will feel able to support someone who it would seem is flirting with a right-wing, hate-filled path. Time will tell. It's getting more than a little tiring when friends rather than ask what the new album is like ask about 'that' statement he made about German policy, Spacey, Weinstein, Madonna, Brexit or UKIP.

Remember when he said his Hammersmith Apollo shows were his last ever UK shows? :rolleyes:

Remember when he said he was a vegan ! :handfist:

No ! No ! No! M U R D E R ! ! ! ! ! L O L :rofl:

Bullshit aromas ! And do you know how the gimmick is sold ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Remember when he said his Hammersmith Apollo shows were his last ever UK shows? :rolleyes:

Oh f*** off. This is typical behaviour for the hatebots here. You've taken about 60% of what was actually said to support your own *rollseyes* narrative. For reference below is what was actually said via TTY...

"There is absolutely no way that we can generate any interest from record labels in the United Kingdom, therefore the imminent two nights at Hammersmith are likely to be our final ever UK shows. We are obsessively grateful for all interest and loyalty from our audience ... throughout 28 years ... but without new releases, there is no point in any additional touring. Thank you for so many absolutely incredible times. The pleasure and privilege is mine ... "

So, if you can wrap your head around this one, there is no inconsistency with what Mozzer said versus actual events. We had a one-off UK show in 2016 (that isn't a tour) and a deal was done and LiHS was released, hence why we have a 2018 UK tour.

Apologies to those with an IQ that exceeds their show size.

SOSB

Are we expected to believe that Morrissey did not say what is claimed in the German article? What exactly is it that he DIDN'T say? Why if he feels he has been misrepresented by the press has he not clearly represented himself and stated clearly and without ambiguity the exact comments that he DID NOT say. In his own defense what we get is a vague, flippant on stage soundbite that clarifies nothing.

Are we then expected to believe that he did not say in an UK article that "Brexit was a strike for democracy". How? Explain? Another juvenile soundbite.

These last few months have seen me move further away from Morrissey. I still enjoy the music very much and think the new album is a fine addition to his catalogue but his statements leave me feeling more and more uneasy. If he cannot state clearly what he believes in what chance does the media have. The media will jump on any negative aspect for their own gain and Morrissey helpfully provides them with the ammunition.

In The Sunday Times article it seems to convey a man desperately attempting to hold on to an Englishness that he himself renounced years earlier by leaving England. I find it difficult to listen to a man espouse nationalism of a country that he himself will not live in? How can I be expected to take his long-distance comments seriously?

I suspect that over time (sooner rather than later) Morrissey and I will be no more. It's unlikely that he'll change and be clear is his statements. It's equally unlikely that I will feel able to support someone who it would seem is flirting with a right-wing, hate-filled path. Time will tell. It's getting more than a little tiring when friends rather than ask what the new album is like ask about 'that' statement he made about German policy, Spacey, Weinstein, Madonna, Brexit or UKIP.

He is still maladjusted and so are we so quit judging him so harshly. Why do a few comments get blown up so much.

He has also spent the last few years stating Morrissey was a UKIP voter - whereas Morrissey has just said he doesn't vote and doesn't favour one political party over any other. “I’m not interested in being part of anything. I don’t see a party that speaks to me and I haven’t ever. My vote is very precious … They’re all absolutely the same."
Wouldn't that be because in his own words he said - " I nearly voted UKIP"? :paranoid:

Shoe size, predictive text error....

And to the person that marked my post as 'dislike': can't handle argument based on cast iron fact? Too bad c***face!

Oh f*** off. This is typical behaviour for the hatebots here. You've taken about 60% of what was actually said to support your own *rollseyes* narrative. For reference below is what was actually said via TTY...

"There is absolutely no way that we can generate any interest from record labels in the United Kingdom, therefore the imminent two nights at Hammersmith are likely to be our final ever UK shows. We are obsessively grateful for all interest and loyalty from our audience ... throughout 28 years ... but without new releases, there is no point in any additional touring. Thank you for so many absolutely incredible times. The pleasure and privilege is mine ... "

So, if you can wrap your head around this one, there is no inconsistency with what Mozzer said versus actual events. We had a one-off UK show in 2016 (that isn't a tour) and a deal was done and LiHS was released, hence why we have a 2018 UK tour.

SOSB

As far as I am aware nearly doing something doesn't qualify as doing something.
My point was Skinny hadn't just plucked the idea out of thin air. And given events today, wouldn't you say his word is basically worth niente.

we'll probably never know. I'm guessing M is juggling so many law suites from strangers trying to get money from him that we don't even know about. Hope I'm wrong.

Assuming they are a couple? they may just have some strange working relationship, who knows? I mean, if they are a couple, I hope they are both happy.

I have three lolsuits against him myself.

Memes_-_Serious_Business_-_LOL_Cats_-_03.jpg

He hasn't done a proper live press interview (as opposed to answering some email questionnaires) for years, because he knows his big mouth invariably lands him in the shit. I suspect BMG pressured him to do some press to support the new album, and that was why he gave in a did a couple. Now we can go back to carefully vaguely worded press releases, like “In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private”.

SOSB

Bullshit! He did extensive touring between 1999-2002 without any new releases, so kind of makes his point there moot. It was just for dramatic effect (as always) to generate some publicity and make sure that the shows sold out as quickly as possible.

My point was Skinny hadn't just plucked the idea out of thin air. And given events today, wouldn't you say his word is basically worth niente.

Well, if you mean Skinny, then yes. He states these things as facts (Morrissey votes UKIP, Jacky is about Brexit) when they are anything but. He plays fast and loose with the truth to support his own tired agenda... and, of course, never admits he has been wrong.

'That was the last print interview I will ever do'

:(

1. That's a real shame because I was truly looking forward to an interview from Katamine Sun.

2. No I mean I was hoping for a special interview from David or Benny-The-Butchered-Butcher (or substituted players) from Morrissey-SoLow with Morrissey......

3. Alternatively eeing "Uncle Skinny" walking upto Morrissey and Boz Boorer wearing his Morrissey-SoLow TShirt.......

NO I'M JOKING

But then again, I would "love" to see number 3 !!!

Hazard
x

Well, if you mean Skinny, then yes. He states these things as facts (Morrissey votes UKIP, Jacky is about Brexit) when they are anything but. He plays fast and loose with the truth to support his own tired agenda... and, of course, never admits he has been wrong.
He plays fast and loose with the truth to support his own tired agenda... and, of course, never admits he has been wrong.

Who? Morrissey or Skinny?

As far as Morrissey saying something is true or not true... well... he appears to say/signal things and then at the slightest sign of backlash, he backtracks. If you want to go along with it then that is your choice - we live in a free world :) Wait... do we? :paranoid:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom