Morrissey & Royalties

M

MuteWitness616

I'm sure people have noticed how Morrissey is always asking people not to purchase anything about him that he did not approve of. He is always talking about how he does not receive any royalties from the company.
Isn't that a little greedy and selfish? I mean, he knows that we all love him and love things about Morrissey. So does he only think of himself and not us. It seems like he just loves receiving royalties.
I love Morrissey so much and if let's say that Morrissey DVD that he refused to be released, did get released I would purchase it. So does that make me against Morrissey? No.

That's one thing about Morrissey I don't like, if anything I think it's pretty pathetic.

What do you people think?

Please don't merge this with the other Morrissey and Royalties thread.

maybe he's trying to say, It's not my idea to bring these albums, DVD's out, I'm not trying to bleed the fans dry,however he does need to take control and release some concerts on DVD as the demand is there and I would rather the standard and quality was approved by him and the band.

why let the fat cats cash in of his work?

I assumes he says that because he wants us to know that he is being ripped off. He mistakenly believes his fans will be sympathetic to him over a large corporation famed for ripping off its artists. How naive he is.

It was in the summer I wanted to buy a smart blue 'Paris' Morrissey t-shirt, they had ran out of stock luckily because, had I purchased one, one would have been adding to . . .

. . . . 'The squalor of Morrissey's mind'

I love Morrissey so am not going to do that, even if the stella shoe pr release was a complete joke at the expense M's fans. Hope they both found it funny . . . I didn't.

I'm sure people have noticed how Morrissey is always asking people not to purchase anything about him that he did not approve of. He is always talking about how he does not receive any royalties from the company.
Isn't that a little greedy and selfish? I mean, he knows that we all love him and love things about Morrissey. So does he only think of himself and not us. It seems like he just loves receiving royalties.
I love Morrissey so much and if let's say that Morrissey DVD that he refused to be released, did get released I would purchase it. So does that make me against Morrissey? No.

That's one thing about Morrissey I don't like, if anything I think it's pretty pathetic.

What do you people think?

Sure, from the fan's perspective, the fan is going to want a cheap Moz t-shirt, a rare bootleg concert or an unauthorized Rogan biography.

But try to imagine if you were in his position. Your salary is not assured like if you were working for a boss. Your money, your name, your legacy in history are all dependent on you working to protect your assets and your artwork.

Worse yet, some of those people are his former friends, band mates, etc. who sue him and harrass him and his family members to try to collect.

Sure, to us it looks like he has enough money, he's rich enough and shouldn't care about people stealing from him, using his name to sell t-shirts, etc. But if you were rich, would that make you not care about people stealing from you, or putting your name on products that weren't created by you? His money isn't unlimited and won't necessarily last forever.

For Morrissey, it's only partly about the money, if at all. He's always wanted total control over his music, album covers, what is said about him in print, etc. And I for one understand. If Johnny Rogan wrote an unauthorized book about me containing interviews with people from Solo who hated me, or people kept releasing bootlegs of me or my band screwing up, or making t-shirt artwork that looked ugly to me, or releasing something I wrote when I was young and that now embarrassed me greatly, I'd be unhappy.

But then as a fan, it's also hard for me to not want to have some of this stuff.

Sure, from the fan's perspective, the fan is going to want a cheap Moz t-shirt, a rare bootleg concert or an unauthorized Rogan biography.

But try to imagine if you were in his position. Your salary is not assured like if you were working for a boss. Your money, your name, your legacy in history are all dependent on you working to protect your assets and your artwork.

Worse yet, some of those people are his former friends, band mates, etc. who sue him and harrass him and his family members to try to collect.

Sure, to us it looks like he has enough money, he's rich enough and shouldn't care about people stealing from him, using his name to sell t-shirts, etc. But if you were rich, would that make you not care about people stealing from you, or putting your name on products that weren't created by you? His money isn't unlimited and won't necessarily last forever.

For Morrissey, it's only partly about the money, if at all. He's always wanted total control over his music, album covers, what is said about him in print, etc. And I for one understand. If Johnny Rogan wrote an unauthorized book about me containing interviews with people from Solo who hated me, or people kept releasing bootlegs of me or my band screwing up, or making t-shirt artwork that looked ugly to me, or releasing something I wrote when I was young and that now embarrassed me greatly, I'd be unhappy.

But then as a fan, it's also hard for me to not want to have some of this stuff.

True, true true

Back
Top Bottom