Morrissey Revealtion in FLAC

Hello, I searched and saw this was on this site at one time, does anyone have this they could kindly upload? Thank you.

Not in Flac, but ...

Capture d’écran 2019-11-13 à 09.46.07 copie.png

Fichier audio MP3 / 320 kbit/s
Link: https://we.tl/t-i30x9Qkv99
Best Regards,
PIVI16

Hello, I searched and saw this was on this site at one time, does anyone have this they could kindly upload? Thank you.
The FLAC on Smith's Torrents (not being seeded) is in mono.
The 'best' versions (and all takes/versions) of the tracks have been shared here and are in the NHS static links (plus some of these tracks have official versions available now).
Motorways first shared a rip of this album in 2009 (with a slight skip on Striptease), they then re-recorded it - closely followed by another rip by Gonzax. Neither shared FLAC versions. I'd guess most sources stem from what was shared here (unless people are converting YouTube video versions of it - which are never really 320).
There was another FLAC rip shared here which was stereo - I will have a look later.
As the source of these outtakes isn't clear (ie it wasn't probably digital/lossless to begin with), purists might argue that FLAC is a moot point, but I get why it's being asked for.
Regards,
FWD.

I've just done the same with dbpoweramp into flac. Some of the levels on a few mp3 tracks seem a bit on the low side, but the conversion seems fine. Thanks again.

The FLAC on Smith's Torrents (not being seeded) is in mono.
The 'best' versions (and all takes/versions) of the tracks have been shared here and are in the NHS static links (plus some of these tracks have official versions available now).
Motorways first shared a rip of this album in 2009 (with a slight skip on Striptease), they then re-recorded it - closely followed by another rip by Gonzax. Neither shared FLAC versions. I'd guess most sources stem from what was shared here (unless people are converting YouTube video versions of it - which are never really 320).
There was another FLAC rip shared here which was stereo - I will have a look later.
As the source of these outtakes isn't clear (ie it wasn't probably digital/lossless to begin with), purists might argue that FLAC is a moot point, but I get why it's being asked for.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks for checking and the info.

Just discovered that 4 of these tracks which I'd not heard before (Happy Lovers, Lifeguard, Please Help the Cause, Oh Phoney) are actually on Bona Drag Remastered Reissue (repackage?) 2010. Then discovered this version of Bona Drag includes the track The Bed Took Fire (bonus track), another, but ever so slightly different version of At Amber (MEBY 1998), it doesn't include the strange start to the track, & has an interesting difference to the drums...kinda like a light echo sound...then there's a noticeable drum pause at some point while Moz carries on singing before the drum kicks in again. I think I prefer this to At Amber.

Being a bit of a geek, I've looked a bit deeper on this The Bed Took Fire, & surprisingly, according to 'passions just like mine':

The musicians on this recording were Craig Gannon (guitar), Andy Rourke (bass), Mike Joyce (drums), Neil Taylor (second guitar) and Stephen Street (keyboards). It was originally meant to be released as a b-side on the "Interesting Drug" single, but Morrissey was not satisfied with it and it was finally shelved.

Last edited by a moderator:
One other thing I noticed, on Bona Drag Remastered Reissue 2010, "Piccadilly Palare" has an extra verse, & runs to c.3:47 mins, versus previous c.3:26 mins.

Back
Top Bottom