Morrissey Reveals 13 Favourite LP's

I'm considering buying a lottery ticket myself...

Hullo everyone,

the feature has proven so popular that it has unfortunately toppled the site. We're adding RAM and rebooting so hopefully tQ will be up and running properly shortly. Apologies for this, and thanks for being patient,

xtQ.

Yes, same with me.
Perhaps Morrissey e-mailed them a virus along with his 13 favourite LPs cos that site is screwed :rolleyes:
So, the media blitz starts here then...

This is great thanks Vaca.
Ramones at No 2 much respect.
How good are Smoking Popes? never heard em before, they're great. "Gotta know right now" could be a long lost Morrissey track that they're covering. :guitar:

velvet underground yes- i rember buying that album shortly after i become a sonic youth fan...
moz had yet to appear in my life back then- he comes in one`s life when its just right:)

jeff buckley -makes sense
iggy pop:thumb:ahh-that pic of them...
at the Wiltern in Los Angeles, April 2007
filesk.jpg

iggy also spoke in favour of him somewhere
For Friday 13th, Morrissey has scanned in the sleeves of his favourite 13 albums, emailed them to us, and requested that we put them online.
so did i got that right - he emailed them out of the blue, asking them to release his info about his fave albums ?or did they ask him?

Last edited:
Hullo everyone,

the feature has proven so popular that it has unfortunately toppled the site. We're adding RAM and rebooting so hopefully tQ will be up and running properly shortly. Apologies for this, and thanks for being patient,

xtQ.

The link is still spinning its wheels...

The link is still spinning its wheels...
it worked for me an 2 hours ago..it just takes longer to upload- 30-40 sec
checked it again right now..now it takes about 1.30 ;)for me

Last edited:
it worked for me an 2 hours ago..it just takes longer to upload- 30-40 sec
checked it again right now..now it takes about 1.30 ;)for me

Thanks sista -

I just let the link spin for a while, and it did finally work, but it can't seem to make it past #11.

I guess I'll just have to wait until I get back tonight for the Big Reveal.

Thanks sista -

I just let the link spin for a while, and it did finally work, but it can't seem to make it past #11.

I guess I'll just have to wait until I get back tonight for the Big Reveal.

Hiya. There shouldn't really be a problem with the link, 'cause it was fixed ages ago. SDW's link works perfectly fine, although it may that far too many peeps are trying to access it. *shrugs*

No doubt it'll be front page tonight though.

Interesting,
and not too scary choices Moz ;)

(it does load its just being slow.)

This was fascinating. Thanks. I only got up to the first seven, but will try again later tonight.

So, Morrissey scanned the artwork but chose not to write anything about his choices, because their are other writers attributed to most of the comments of the albums. Are Morrissey's own comments not up to the literary high-standards of the Quietus?

Most album covers are too large too fit on a flatbed scanner so, the album would have to be scanned twice at different starting points and then overlap where each scan meet.

Very impressive work, Moz. :lbf: Happy Friday the 13th.

If you are desparate to know which albums are his faves, and you still can't get on Quietus, there's a link here:

http://www.prefixmag.com/news/morrissey-lists-his-13-favorite-albums-of-all-time/43319/

I'm still lolling at the thought of him sitting there scanning all those covers when he could've just done a Google Image search! :lbf: It's like his obsession some years ago when he communicated by fax all the time. Maybe he handwrites all his messages, scans them and sends them as email attachments, so he invested in an A3 size one, so that he can send really angry handwriting messages in extra large letters? :rofl:

Yay for Grace - Jeff Buckley
Raw Power - Iggy Pop
For Your Pleasure - Roxy Music

We now await Morrissey's favourite biscuits.
Morrissey's favourite beverages.
Morrissey's favourite hobbies.
Morrissey's favourite whinges......

Back
Top Bottom