Morrissey refuses to participate in press conference for Nobel concert (in Norwegian)

Re: Morrissey Refuses to participate in press conference for Nobel concert (in Norwegian)

Perhaps he will show up to see Linder Sterling in Oslo on Thursday instead: nymusikk.no/no/hva-skjer/linder-sterling

Re: Morrissey Refuses to participate in press conference for Nobel concert (in Norwegian)

He did not say those words as quoted. He never said "nothing compared to", see my link at the bottom. And if you listen to his actual comment, it doesn't sound as he was reducing the events to nothing, but rather reminding the audience that "worse things happen". The fact of billions of innocent animals tortured and killed every year being worse than 77 innocent humans killed, would be correct if you think that animal lives and human lives are equally important. And Morrissey thinks that! Furthermore, it was just an introduction to Meat is Murder where he tried to bring in an applicable event. I'm sure he never thought it would get the publicity it did. The latter is mostly the medias fault, and they continue to quote him wrong just to stir controversy and produce headlines. Journalists who lie etc., as Lou Reed said, "it's the lowest form of life".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvPRbylipDM

Well said, Auden.

He did not say those words as quoted. He never said "nothing compared to", see my link at the bottom. And if you listen to his actual comment, it doesn't sound as he was reducing the events to nothing, but rather reminding the audience that "worse things happen". The fact of billions of innocent animals tortured and killed every year being worse than 77 innocent humans killed, would be correct if you think that animal lives and human lives are equally important. And Morrissey thinks that! Furthermore, it was just an introduction to Meat is Murder where he tried to bring in an applicable event. I'm sure he never thought it would get the publicity it did. The latter is mostly the medias fault, and they continue to quote him wrong just to stir controversy and produce headlines. Journalists who lie etc., as Lou Reed said, "it's the lowest form of life".

I couldn't have said it better. Thanks for the link too.

There's a time and a place to "take it like a man" and be accountable for what you say, etc...but sitting at a panel table between Mary J Blige and James Blunt whose images are clean as bleach and who play by the rules, it's pretty clear he'd be the villain and I think that's not who he is naturally. Random outbursts? Sure. Opinionated about the industry? Of course. Stuck on a stage moderated by the woman who plays a paranoid schizophrenic detective? Maybe not so safe. I don't blame him or think he's a coward by any stretch, I think he just wants to sing and not talk.

' I think he just wants to sing and not talk.' Stop making pathetic excuses for him, he's been very happy to open his bigmouth on various topics in the past so to have a soap box opportunity like this should be just up his street to grab the attention he craves so much. If he can't back himself up maybe he should keep his stupid comments to himself or be a man and stand up for what he says or has said. Mind you he's got plenty of previous at being a coward remember the note on the car your sacked ?
Remember getting A Rourke to tell so and so he wasn't required ? Remember hiding behind doors ? Etc. Etc.
How old is he ?

Benny-the-Butcher

Give him hell Oslo its payback time

He really had to make this decision: it is a no win situation. He would certainly be asked about the comment and his choices would be to refuse to comment, to defend his statement, amend his statement, or try to explain his viewpoint to a group who, based on the press that his appearance has received so far, have already determined that his viewpoint can never be justified. An appearance at this press conference would bring bad PR for Morrissey; more importantly, it brings negative publicity to the entire event. A public attack on a pop star for voicing his opinion diminishes the essence of the entire process. I do find it somewhat amusing that the people on this site who are constantly calling for Morrissey to shut up and sing, to stop writing social commentary and write new songs, are the same people condemning him for not giving an interview. Do you want him to speak out or shut up? Please make up your minds.

lynnda

Its a press conference Auden it will be there for all to see on utube so the journalists/lowest form of life won't be able to mis-quote him so your wrong there. He should be jumping at the opportunity instead of going into hiding.

"There is no one on earth I'm afraid of !" (Apart from the people and media of Oslo :laughing:)

Benny-the-Butcher

Give him hell on earth Oslo

Post of the year.

Claiming animal and human lives are equally important is the equivalent of claiming fetuses and fully realized adult women are equally important. An animal death is not the same as a human death. A death of a fetus is not the same as an adult female. Just like the loss of property is not the same as loss of life. No matter how many buildings you blow up, it will never be worse than the loss of one human life. Same with animals. There is no strength in numbers here. Human life trumps animal life.

It is disturbing to know there are misanthropes and non-humanists who claim otherwise. These people don't value human life more, because they don't value human life, period. They are human haters. Ask them some key questions and you will find this to be the case. They are pessimists, cynics, think humans are basically evil and bad. And that animals are precious, innocent.

It really is due to some psychological, faulty wiring. A deep seated personalty flaw... like the self-hating Jew, or gay, or white. Guilt, shame, low-self esteem, compels them to hate all humans because they essentially hate themselves.

One who loves him/herself and values human life would be deeply upset by Morrissey's comments. That he harbors these sentiments is disturbing enough. That he has to broadcast them in the wake of a tragedy in front of a large audience makes him careless and insensitive.

If Morrissey had any balls, he'd man up and attend the press conference. He could share his feelings of regret. Or stick to his guns. Either way, avoidance equals cowardice.

He's good with the poison pen but not so good on the spot, in real time.

- - - Updated - - -

Post of the year.

You are not going to like my post. :(

Claiming animal and human lives are equally important is the equivalent of claiming fetuses and fully realized adult women are equally important. An animal death is not the same as a human death. A death of a fetus is not the same as an adult female. Just like the loss of property is not the same as loss of life. No matter how many buildings you blow up, it will never be worse than the loss of one human life. Same with animals. There is no strength in numbers here. Human life trumps animal life.

It is disturbing to know there are misanthropes and non-humanists who claim otherwise. These people don't value human life more, because they don't value human life, period. They are human haters. Ask them some key questions and you will find this to be the case. They are pessimists, cynics, think humans are basically evil and bad. And that animals are precious, innocent.

It really is due to some psychological, faulty wiring. A deep seated personalty flaw... like the self-hating Jew, or gay, or white. Guilt, shame, low-self esteem, compels them to hate all humans because they essentially hate themselves.

One who loves him/herself and values human life would be deeply upset by Morrissey's comments. That he harbors these sentiments is disturbing enough. That he has to broadcast them in the wake of a tragedy in front of a large audience makes him careless and insensitive.

If Morrissey had any balls, he'd man up and attend the press conference. He could share his feelings of regret. Or stick to his guns. Either way, avoidance equals cowardice.

- - - Updated - - -

Your cat Katie and I are against the wall. You have to pick one to be shot to death. Who do you pick?

Your cat Katie and I are against the wall. You have to pick one to be shot to death. Who do you pick?

But if the survivor has to listen to her baby talk about who's a special little princess, and sit awkwardly upon those rail-like femurs while she bangs away on Solo about her greatness--wouldn't you rather take the bullet?

I pick you. I would be sad for my personal loss. But your family would grieve in ways I can only begin to comprehend. I would save you over any animal.

I could only kill a human if I needed to in order to save my own life. I could kill an animal if I were hungry.

I would be devastated to destroy the life of my best companion to save a human, but it would be the right thing to do--the only option.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s a no brainer. You!

I'd actually save Amie.

Last edited:

He really had to make this decision: it is a no win situation. He would certainly be asked about the comment and his choices would be to refuse to comment, to defend his statement, amend his statement, or try to explain his viewpoint to a group who, based on the press that his appearance has received so far, have already determined that his viewpoint can never be justified. An appearance at this press conference would bring bad PR for Morrissey; more importantly, it brings negative publicity to the entire event. A public attack on a pop star for voicing his opinion diminishes the essence of the entire process. I do find it somewhat amusing that the people on this site who are constantly calling for Morrissey to shut up and sing, to stop writing social commentary and write new songs, are the same people condemning him for not giving an interview. Do you want him to speak out or shut up? Please make up your minds.

lynnda

By all means speak out. But (this is the tricky bit for some on here) If you are not prepared to face the thunder that your comments create maybe just maybe it might be best to not say silly things in the first place, yes in the short term it created/satisfied the attention rush but long term its back to haunt him like the ghost of troubled Joe and he's looking like a proper Charlie isn't he ?

Benny-the-Butcher

Eggs, Hot-dogs, Burgers, Flour, Giblets, Pies, and any other un-savoury things ! You know who to throw em at on the 11th Oslo (Peacefully of course)

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you that when it comes to face to face action, he tends to disappear. Same with the Jimmy Kimmel/Duck Dynasty no show. He should have performed then sat down and proceed to tear them apart with his brutally honest sarcastic wit. But no. Morrissey is not comfortable with confrontation for some reason.

I pick you. I would be sad for my personal loss. But your family would grieve in ways I can only begin to comprehend. I would save you over any animal.

I could only kill a human if I needed to in order to save my own life. I could kill an animal if I were hungry.

I would be devastated to destroy the life of my best companion to save a human, but it would be the right thing to do--the only option.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd actually save Aime.

It's Amie.

It's Amie.

OK. I'll fix it. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you that when it comes to face to face action, he tends to disappear. Same with the Jimmy Kimmel/Duck Dynasty no show. He should have performed then sat down and proceed to tear them apart with his brutally honest sarcastic wit. But no. Morrissey is not comfortable with confrontation for some reason.

Exactly. That was a lost opportunity to tear those guys some new ones. :D

lynnda

Was the Duck-Dynasty a no win situation Lynnda ? Yes or No will do.

But if the survivor has to listen to her baby talk about who's a special little princess, and sit awkwardly upon those rail-like femurs while she bangs away on Solo about her greatness--wouldn't you rather take the bullet?

I guess I would. I could pull a Jesus and take one for the team, nobody should have to listen to what they think their cat is saying in smoker's-voice baby talk.

Says the person so disgusted by me that they just love to read my blog. Hahahaha. What a tool.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I would. I could pull a Jesus and take one for the team, nobody should have to listen to what they think their cat is saying in smoker's-voice baby talk.

Aww, did you read my blog? Just can't ignore me. You are obsessed. It is hilarious. You think I talk about myself. You must love to hear me talk, otherwise why in the world would you READ MY FECKING BLOG?

Coward won't own up for what he said.

Typical Morrissey. He's got a big mouth until someone calls him on it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom