Morrissey Recovery Kit #2

A

Anonymous

Here is the road out of the current miasma:

1. Get a new label
2. Re-release the album on said label
3. with different cover and with 'Staircase at the University' and 'Kiss Me A Lot' and 'Drag the River' as the three triumphant lead singles
4. do a proper video for each
5. do TV shows etc
6. go on tour in triumph
7. record new album at the end of the year
8. release that on same label with same level of promotion etc.
9. break a smile at Christmas
10. go into 2015 with head held high (and looking generally swish all round), while all the haters weep salty tears of bitter sadness...

Morrissey.jpg

There is no point in re-releasing 'World Peace' yet on another label. It won't suddenly rocket back up the charts - most people who were going to buy it have bought it already, and the shops are already filled with Harvest versions.

Here's what I expect will happen.

1. European winter 2014 tour starts well, but gets cancelled midway through due to illness.
2. 'You Are the Quarry' definitive re-issue/remaster comes out in spring 2015.
3. US summer tour 2015 starts well, but gets cancelled midway though due to illness. Morrissey blames the British Royal Family.
4. 'The Ultimate, Very, Very Definitive and Definately Best of Morrissey & The Smiths' compilation CD comes out in winter 2015.
5. Morrissey issues a statement that his debut novel will be published by Penguin Books imminently, then another statement denying that he ever signed with them in the first place.
6. Morrissey attends court case in the Bradley Steyner trial. David Tseng is called as a character witness, and Morrissey loses, but refuses to pay damages.
7. Morrissey plans a huge farewell concert in Hyde Park, but cancels it after his mother gets ill.
8. Morrissey issues the second volume of his autobiograpy, entitled: 'The Years of Triumph'.

There is no point in re-releasing 'World Peace' yet on another label. It won't suddenly rocket back up the charts - most people who were going to buy it have bought it already, and the shops are already filled with Harvest versions.

I don't think this is true! Most people who would enjoy the album don't even know it's out, because Harvest did such a shitty job on the promotion.
The only people who know it's out are the saddos on here like you and me and Morrissey's many fans in the gay community.
By my calculations, that's about 2% of the overall World Peace Buying Demographic.
Who's selling it to hot young Cubans, and middle-aged Italian women and the large untapped Iranian market??? NO ONE IS!!!!
Morrissey needs to get it on a decent label and out on the shelves again and fast!!!

I don't see the Europe tour going until the end. How long did he make it last time? A month? I would love to see him come back strong and laugh in everyone's face. I'll still hold out hope.

1. Get a new label
3. with different cover and with 'Staircase at the University' and 'Kiss Me A Lot' and 'Drag the River' as the three triumphant lead singles
5. do TV shows etc
6. go on tour in triumph
10. go into 2015 with head held high (and looking generally swish all round), while all the haters weep salty tears of bitter sadness...

Morrissey.jpg

I like you Anonymous

1. Get a new label
5. do TV shows etc
6. go on tour in triumph

Wouldn't it be nice...

Re: #9 He should channel his inner Bing and do a Christmas album. :sweet:

1) The only major left with any interest in signing Morrissey is Warners and, as part of the negotiations, Morrissey reluctantly agrees that they can do what they want with the Smiths demo archive.

2) It takes a reasonably long time to get round to recording the next album, thereby reducing the chances that it will be rubbish.

3) Morrissey agrees to promote the next album and Warners agree to release a lead single.

4) All of this happens before Operation Yewtree catches up with Morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom