Morrissey recording new Janice Long BBC Radio2 session today ~ Broadcast next week.

Re: Morrissey recording new Janice Long BBC Radio2 session today ~ Broadcast next wee

Note that he didn't say there was no Street involvement at all on the new album...maybe someone should ask him if he actually wrote a song called "Inmate Date"?

Very good point. I'm sure he is under strict orders not to say anything too definitive.

Re: Morrissey recording new Janice Long BBC Radio2 session today ~ Broadcast next wee

"it"? No.
You? Yes.

dm-diagnosis-wanker-80002838-0-1269364337000.jpg

Wow!!!!This is FANTASTIC news!!!

I'm clinging somewhat desperately to the hope that Moz has started writing with Street again!
Me too!

Good points, but I'd say Morrissey has more than a few brilliant exceptions that are not particularly radio friendly (in the traditional sense: catchy, increasing rotation, spurring single sales/downloads). I've Changed My Plea, I Know it's Going to Happen, Life is a Pigsty, many others. Roys Keen is an example of a poppy ditty that was tailor-made for radio but fell flat. Satan... didn't work well either.

Broadcasting it from Tuesday midnight in Wednesday isn't a completely amazing timeslot to put the new songs in though :(
The afternoon would have been better....pathetic

oh dear - first Boz points out that the new songs (on J Long) do not involve Stephen Street.
now this from the anonymous poster on the main page who previously provided the two song titles:

CORRECTION: It appears, my "source"..."trolled" me and sold me up the river. This information was given to me by someone VERY CLOSE to Morrissey and now I see that they were purposefully giving me false information and/or are not THAT close with Morrissey after all. I'm sorry, but the above IS NOT accurrate and I will never trust THIS source (who really, I should OUT right here and now, but I won't) again. My apologies.

I'm beginning to wonder whether you can actually believe the things that you hear on the world-wide web...

oh dear - first Boz points out that the new songs (on J Long) do not involve Stephen Street.
now this from the anonymous poster on the main page who previously provided the two song titles:

CORRECTION: It appears, my "source"..."trolled" me and sold me up the river. This information was given to me by someone VERY CLOSE to Morrissey and now I see that they were purposefully giving me false information and/or are not THAT close with Morrissey after all. I'm sorry, but the above IS NOT accurrate and I will never trust THIS source (who really, I should OUT right here and now, but I won't) again. My apologies.

I'm beginning to wonder whether you can actually believe the things that you hear on the world-wide web...

Unless they are songs which will be released in the not too distant future?

I guess we all oughta start getting used to these now:

AIMMN
TKAL
PATSE

"People Are The Same Everywhere"

What a rip-off!

"Ebony and ivory live together in perfect harmony
Side by side on my piano keyboard, oh lord, why don't we?
We all know that people are the same where ever we go
There is good and bad in evryone,
We learn to live, we learn to give
Each other what we need to survive together alive.

P.

If Action is his middle name, then does this make him SPAM?

What a rip-off!

P.

Indeed, as has already been noted! (last comment on first page)

Oh bollocks. I need to read more. Still, Great Minds and all that. I hope.

P.

What a rip-off!

P.

Kind of a stretch of a complaint, and that's coming from me. :D Seriously though, it's a general sentiment, like saying "What do you expect?" or something. But good ear to catch that. Maybe when we hear the rest of the song we can cosmically link the two sentiments. It's all God talking, you know. Go easy on the man who speaks for him.

Last edited:

someone on the main page wrote:

two of the new songs (from a very reliable source) are called, "inmate date" (morrissey/boorer) and "play it like you mean it" (morrissey/street).

i've heard they are both really really good.
OH-MY-GOD:thumb::guitar::highfive:

Kind of a stretch of a complaint, and that's coming from me. :D Seriously though, it's a general sentiment, like saying "What do you expect?" or something. But good ear to catch that. Maybe when we hear the rest of the song we can cosmically link the two sentiments. It's all God talking, you know. Go easy on the man who speaks for him.

Ain't no God. Sorry.

P.

I think when people hear the song they'll see that Morrissey means it in a bad way...

I can't wait to hear the band butcher any potential Street collaboration.

Back
Top Bottom