Morrissey recording new Janice Long BBC Radio2 session (June 10), broadcast next week (June 14/15)

Update (June 10, 2011, 6:25 AM PT): Link from Guillaume Métayer:

Three new songs by Morrissey to be broadcast on the Janice Long Show this coming Tuesday - true-to-you.net
10 June 2011

Three new songs by Morrissey will be broadcast on the Janice Long Show on BBC Radio 2 this coming Tuesday.

They are :

ACTION IS MY MIDDLE NAME
THE KID'S A LOOKER
PEOPLE ARE THE SAME EVERYWHERE

Update (June 10, 2011, 6:25 AM PT):

Posted in the comments by mywar:

"No Street involvement" on these three new songs, according to Boz on Facebook. Oh well.​

Posted in the forums by Oso Blanco:

Strange comment by Boz on his Facebook site:

Question regarding the Janice Long session: "Is it in the current live line up?"
Answer from Boz: "now that would be telling and you know I'm not one for gossip."

Does that mean there will be surprises regarding the line up?​

Janice Long just announced on her BBC Radio2 show that she was going to be recording some "new music" later today (Friday) with Morrissey. The session will then be broadcast on her show Tuesday 14th into Wednesday 15th, beginning midnight. If memory serves she talked of 'three new songs'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey recording new Janice Long BBC Radio2 session (June 10), broadc

Do you believe that "Action is my middle name" is the result of the never released "Action Man" ?

yes it is sugar plum

just some Of - topic news about labels

The Citybankgroup who bought EMI in the USA, is
dumping EMI, so no pay afters for Morrissey
[as He wrote he got last payd in 1992 by EMI ...UK me thinks]

well I hope he finds a label, and not gonna release it via
I tunes, can't believe Morrissey would do that

I just want to have the CD extra track' and tacky bag in me hand
walking out of my friendly neighbourhood musicshop bloke

Anyway good news recording at Maida Vale, as posted by someone
who read Boz's updates
wonder if Alain is around, or hope

Re: Article: Morrissey recording new Janice Long BBC Radio2 session (June 10), broadc

Disgusting. Opportunistically disgraceful.Shameful.Vile.Sickening.Unforgivable.

lol..

If Action Man and Action is My Middle Name are one and the same, I'm happy. I like it when bands go back and make something out of their previous castaways. R.E.M. and Radiohead do this often, and they typically get good music from it.

I take Morrissey at face value when he says he has songs for a new album, especially if he's gone back and claimed stuff he was not able to finish previously. There is a fair amount of this material from recent albums. We all want Kit, but let's assume that ship sailed log ago. From Quarry forward there are nearly a dozen titles whose secret lives are known by the internet.

I'm Playing Easy to Get
Home is a Question Mark
The Longer I Live
Football Giveaway
Teresa, Teresa
When I was Young
I was Bully, Do Not Forget Me
I'm Looking Forward to Going Back
Action is My Middle Name
The Kid's a Looker
People are the Same Everywhere

Going back to unfinished work is a little like rescuing an abandoned animal. There is certain compassion in it.

And with as many writings partners as Morrissey has, it's easy to imagine enough available time to compose/write another 10 -15 songs between the close of the Refusal tour and now.

Things look good for those of us who want new songs.

Those unreleased songs could certainly contribute to a new album. But...don't forget we still need studio recordings of I'm Playing Easy to Get and Noise is the Best Revenge, too!

I think the two aforementioned songs are the only ones of Morrissey's career which have been previewed in a live setting and ultimately did not end up in its proper studio form on an album or single...just those BCC sessions as the b-sides to the There is a Light/Redondo Beach single.

just some Of - topic news about labels

The Citybankgroup who bought EMI in the USA, is
dumping EMI, so no pay afters for Morrissey
[as He wrote he got last payd in 1992 by EMI ...UK me thinks]

well I hope he finds a label, and not gonna release it via
I tunes, can't believe Morrissey would do that

I just want to have the CD extra track' and tacky bag in me hand
walking out of my friendly neighbourhood musicshop bloke

Anyway good news recording at Maida Vale, as posted by someone
who read Boz's updates
wonder if Alain is around, or hope

Why do you write so much on everything? And why is it always so unclear? I don't believe your comments are insightful. The lack of serious replies you get surely confirms this. Would you agree?

Why do you write so much on everything? And why is it always so unclear? I don't believe your comments are insightful. The lack of serious replies you get surely confirms this. Would you agree?

Leave celibate alone and just ignore what he writes if you are not interested in what he writes. What he writes is not unclear and they are insightful to me. So clearly there is something wrong with you regarding him. Just stick to the people who write sick three liners like you do to comment on other people and have nothing insightful to contribute and focus on your upcoming trip to Europe or better the UK in your case.

If Action Man and Action is My Middle Name are one and the same, I'm happy. I like it when bands go back and make something out of their previous castaways. R.E.M. and Radiohead do this often, and they typically get good music from it.

I take Morrissey at face value when he says he has songs for a new album, especially if he's gone back and claimed stuff he was not able to finish previously. There is a fair amount of this material from recent albums. We all want Kit, but let's assume that ship sailed log ago. From Quarry forward there are nearly a dozen titles whose secret lives are known by the internet.

I'm Playing Easy to Get
Home is a Question Mark
The Longer I Live
Football Giveaway
Teresa, Teresa
When I was Young
Action is My Middle Name
The Kid's a Looker

Going back to unfinished work is a little like rescuing an abandoned animal. There is certain compassion in it.

And with as many writings partners as Morrissey has, it's easy to imagine enough available time to compose/write another 10 -15 songs between the close of the Refusal tour and now.

Oh you forget some, :lbf:

"Inmate Date"
"Play It Like You Mean It"

MOZ AND THE BOYZ just got done recording new music at Maida Vale Studios! Source: Boz' Facebook.

No, they were at the OLD BLACKSMITHS STUDIOS!

Uh no, it was definitely "Made Available". Boz even posted a pic of the plaque commemorating Bing Crosby's last studio recording there.

don't forget we still need studio recordings of I'm Playing Easy to Get and Noise is the Best Revenge, too!

I think the two aforementioned songs are the only ones of Morrissey's career which have been previewed in a live setting and ultimately did not end up in its proper studio form on an album or single...

Same thing happenned to 'Is It Really So Strange' with the Smiths. Performed live, recorded for a radio session - never actually made it to a released 'proper' studio version. I guess Moz either doesn't think enough of those tracks to bother attempting studio versions, or thinks the radio sessions are as good as they are ever going to sound. I'd love to hear proper versions though.

Same thing happenned to 'Is It Really So Strange' with the Smiths. Performed live, recorded for a radio session - never actually made it to a released 'proper' studio version. I guess Moz either doesn't think enough of those tracks to bother attempting studio versions, or thinks the radio sessions are as good as they are ever going to sound. I'd love to hear proper versions though.

Thanks, I completely forgot about that one.

if action man and action is my middle name are one and the same, i'm happy. I like it when bands go back and make something out of their previous castaways. R.e.m. And radiohead do this often, and they typically get good music from it.

I take morrissey at face value when he says he has songs for a new album, especially if he's gone back and claimed stuff he was not able to finish previously. There is a fair amount of this material from recent albums. We all want kit, but let's assume that ship sailed log ago. From quarry forward there are nearly a dozen titles whose secret lives are known by the internet.

I'm playing easy to get
home is a question mark
the longer i live
football giveaway
teresa, teresa
when i was young
i was bully, do not forget me
i'm looking forward to going back
action is my middle name
the kid's a looker
people are the same everywhere

going back to unfinished work is a little like rescuing an abandoned animal. There is certain compassion in it.

And with as many writings partners as morrissey has, it's easy to imagine enough available time to compose/write another 10 -15 songs between the close of the refusal tour and now.

oh do f*** off you complete idiot!

Actually "Is It Really So Strange" was recorded in studio during the "Ask" sessions, but the band/Moz were unhappy with it, and so it was the Peel session that was released.... according to Mozipedia anyhow.

Which raises the question... has anyone ever heard the studio version? Has it ever seen the light of day?

I'm Playing Easy to Get
Home is a Question Mark
The Longer I Live
Football Giveaway
Teresa, Teresa
When I was Young
Action is My Middle Name
The Kid's a Looker

Does anybody have any of these?

Always a good sign that he records a song about football but it will mean that the american Moz fans yet again will struggle with the fact that their big idol says "football" and not soccer like the stupid americans. No, he isn't singing about american football where they use their hands and call it football.
That song title is a big fook off finger to every american Moz fan and for that we thank the big man!

Urban in Sweden (Hating americans with a passion since 1968)

Urban in Sweden is an abortion that somehow lived.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom