Morrissey Radio 2 live on 11th Feb

Not sure if I missed it over the last 30 odd pages, but, Peter, how did you get a ticket - were you just lucky in the raffle, or did you have a friend on the payroll?

Jealous as hell ...

Dave

Good question - I can't remember if there was any between the videos and before he came on, but there was some before the videos. The only one I can remember was Bow Wow Wow's version of "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish".

Peter

Of course! He was introduced on stage wasn't he? (Did it seem like the introduction was never going to end being in the crowd too?!).

I guess the mystery of his intro music will be solved soon enough. My bet is that he'll continue with the drum intro from 'The Operation' as a nod towards 'Southpaw Grammar'.

Why no stage Invaders? It could have been like Derby Assembly Rooms again on Old Grey Whistle test in 1983! - Surely one person did....Didn't they?

Why no stage Invaders? It could have been like Derby Assembly Rooms again on Old Grey Whistle test in 1983! - Surely one person did....Didn't they?

Absolutely zero stage invaders. Although Moz did come down to the front row several times to shake hands. Oh yes.

Peter

I must admit I think something is squeezing my skull is a horrible track and apart from I am throwing my arms around paris, Black Cloud is the best of the new tracks I have heard.

I absolutely love Something is squeezing my skull, Can't wait to get my hands on that album! I have been just too good, the temptation to download it is unbelievable:)

I absolutely love Something is squeezing my skull, Can't wait to get my hands on that album! I have been just too good, the temptation to download it is unbelievable:)

to me musically it is clunky and the lyrics tired, like some of the worst maladjusted stuff. Paris is a great track though and I love the muts in the video!:D

Can we hear some love for I Keep Mine Hidden? The very first time it has ever been played live. Made my night, it did.

Peter

it was fun to hear "hidden" but he could have done the whistling at the start - i love it when he throws in a song like that - what next ? "work is a four lettered word "

Thoroughly enjoyed the gig listening in FM quality. It was like the old days of listening to Radio 1's Live In Concert.

If meat Is murder I thought the version of This Charming Man could be classed as such too... apart from that the setlist bodes well for the tour. An interseting arrangement, for a Smiths tribute band.

Watching the videos though I'm reminded. as a rule, of a Sunshine coaches daytrip to Blackpool (ie the audience's stiffness.)
All rather Londoncentric media wankers and I'm too cool for school in my humble opinion. Maybe I'm just jealous, no wonder Moz made a few quips (the one about the middle classes springs to mind)

So that the negatives out the way. the band sound tight, Moz looks and sounds in fine form and I'm pleased he's plundering his mid-90s era for the "historic" choices. Black Cloud sounds a lot better live than on the LP, the setlist openers are up there with Moz's best stuiff for me and I Keep Mine Hidden. Aaargh. What was the audience's reaction like to that? (One can only despair...)

LOVING THE BACKDROP and who is the keyboardist?

Was it just me or did he say on Best Friend on the Payroll after the 2nd "It aint it gonna work out" "Well f*** her"?

Is this a reference to something..

Hmm...

:lbf: Nah? Never? He didn't? Did he?:laughing: shouldn't ave read tat
Haaaa... must be Wishful PreValentine's Day Thinking...Chweet. :flowers:

note to Alain: That tune was way too good to be wasted on a song about :boxing:, did I ever tell you that? No. Well. Now you know. Great music I believe that's what it's called.

so i guess for something is squeezing my skull, he has now switched around "temazipan" and "lithium", since he has sung it that way twice so far. maybe because lithium goes better with valium?

Tags
i can tag too pish shite. this charming man
Back
Top Bottom