Morrissey Radio 2 live on 11th Feb

Expect there was only a hundred or so from this forum who applied.
There was probably at least 10,000-20,000 who applied in total so it's not that unfeasible that none of us managed to get a ticket...

Well, it's nicer to hear than an outright no.
Haha, I reckon they've just got sick of having to tell Morrissey fans that no, they've not got tickets, and so have decided to just say that to everyone who calls :p

:D I just rang, and before I asked he said "Are you calling about the Morrissey show?" Before telling me I hadn't been successful. :(

I had built it up in my head that I was going to get one as well! :tears:

Last edited:
I was told my name had neither a 'yes' or 'no' next to it as well; the advisor on the phone couldn't find my application at first either, and the BBC's computer system hadn't recorded my address, which doesn't bode well really. Why have they put 'no's next to some people's names but left some undecided?

I went to one of these a few years back when they did a similar thing with Richard Ashcroft, and there was a good mix of ages. This was at some place near Blackfriars; so I'm not sure they are vetting the ages or anything. Maybe they are waiting for all the 'VIP'S' to get their names on the list and then make the numbers up with the minyans!

I hate all this, so much for the 'real' fans!

I rang this afternoon and a female told me that the tickets for the Morrissey show were listed on her computer screen as 'waiting' and that as far as she was concerned this meant no-one knew who had got them or not. She further said that there were thousands of applications so I wasn't to hold my breath while I waited to see if I had got one. She said the tickets would be sent out to the lucky people ten days before the show.

I told her that people on here had been told that they had not been lucky and she said she didn't know why that was and would be consulting her manager about this. Dont know if this is good news or not:o:confused::o

i can only imagine what state your gettimg yourself in:p

Trust me, you have no idea!:D You seem very cool about all this, are you going? (Ticket or no ticket ;))

I rang this afternoon and a female told me that the tickets for the Morrissey show were listed on her computer screen as 'waiting' and that as far as she was concerned this meant no-one knew who had got them or not. She further said that there were thousands of applications so I wasn't to hold my breath while I waited to see if I had got one. She said the tickets would be sent out to the lucky people ten days before the show.

I told her that people on here had been told that they had not been lucky and she said she didn't know why that was and would be consulting her manager about this. Dont know if this is good news or not:o:confused::o

It is, it definitely IS good news after being told 'no'. Kewpie - are you serious about the IP thing? Bloody hell, its only a few free tickets to a show, why are they behaving like the sodding gestapo:mad: You would think people who had obviously gone to great lengths to secure tickets would be prioritised as genuine fans. Moz will be so pleased to play in front of a crowd who usually listen to Lilly Allen or Leona Lewis or whatever other shite it is that's always on the radio 2 playlist...

Trust me, you have no idea!:D You seem very cool about all this, are you going? (Ticket or no ticket ;))

It is, it definitely IS good news after being told 'no'. Kewpie - are you serious about the IP thing? Bloody hell, its only a few free tickets to a show, why are they behaving like the sodding gestapo:mad: You would think people who had obviously gone to great lengths to secure tickets would be prioritised as genuine fans. Moz will be so pleased to play in front of a crowd who usually listen to Lilly Allen or Leona Lewis or whatever other shite it is that's always on the radio 2 playlist...

i'm always cool. well nearly:p

and black eyed, are you after more goodies?

Now THAT, is interesting...
if there wasnt a cancellation fee i'd go book my train ticket now, whilst the cheap ones are still available. wish we could just know for sure, then we can arrange things... GRR

I rang about an hour ago and he asked for my post code-EH7 then said it was too early to say and to call back in a week.I really hope they choose well and I get my ticket..I have to tell my boss and then book the megabus down to London.I really need to know soon.

I rang about an hour ago and he asked for my post code-EH7 then said it was too early to say and to call back in a week.I really hope they choose well and I get my ticket..I have to tell my boss and then book the megabus down to London.I really need to know soon.

I got the same, I doubt it's anything to do with your postcode. He just said straight away that it hadn't been announced yet. Annoying but there's hope. :rolleyes:

So is the bbc lying today or were they lying yesterday?

At least we still have some hope i suppose...
*recrosses everything* :cool:

So....so far nobody (who's posted here) has been told that they have been given tickets? A bit strange considering the gig is not that far away...

Has anyone received tickets for the Radio 2 show yet or should I still keep looking forward to checking my post each day??

well, i truly think that they wont send out tickets to anybody... all this unconsistent information sounds kinda weird to me. they will only give tickets away to whom they want, e.g. family, friends, etc. and this advertisement was only made to make it all sound like it was an impartial selection, i guess.

i cant help to be suspicious in these kinda situations :\

I think people tend to forget that Morrissey's fanbase is much much larger than the people that visit this site and Radio 2 is the biggest radio station in the country.

I hope someone from here gets a ticket though, we need a report back.

I think people tend to forget that Morrissey's fanbase is much much larger than the people that visit this site and Radio 2 is the biggest radio station in the country.

I hope someone from here gets a ticket though, we need a report back.

morrissey's got a large fan base?:confused:

Tags
i can tag too pish shite. this charming man
Back
Top Bottom