Morrissey Radio 2 live on 11th Feb

Kewpie

Subscriber
A user Some girl submitted a story to the mainpage:

Mark Radcliffe and Stuart Maconie said on their Radio 2 show last night (7th Jan) that they hope to have Morrissey in soon - talking and playing some songs. They are waiting for confirmation and will confirm it on their show next week (Mon -Thurs, 8-10pm, Radio 2)

You have to apply before Thursday 15th January 10pm online or phone.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/radcliffemaconie/morrissey.shtml

Hope Morrissey and the Lads will premire new songs on their show! :)

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey is expected to be on Radio 2!

They also had an interesting discussion about Morrissey being the first rock and roller to embrace middle age and not keep trying to look young. "Is Morrissey the first middle aged rock icon?" they asked.

They also had an interesting discussion about Morrissey being the first rock and roller to embrace middle age and not keep trying to look young. "Is Morrissey the first middle aged rock icon?" they asked.

Thanks Danny.

Jarvis is also following Morrissey's footsteps, accept who he is.
Since disbanding Pulp he stopped wearing trendy clothes, but he should shave his beard. :o

Thanks Danny.

Since disbanding Pulp he stopped wearing trendy clothes, but he should shave his beard. :o

I think Jarvis has lost his style in middle age. He looks like a geography teacher now.

Thanks Danny.

Did they mention Brett Anderson and Neil Hannon too? I've always thought Mozz and those three are interlinked. The four finest frontmen of our generation.

Did they mention Brett Anderson and Neil Hannon too? I've always thought Mozz and those three are interlinked. The four finest frontmen of our generation.

I'm afraid I didn't listen to the programme last night.

I find Neil Hannon is slightly too young to interlink with Morrissey, Jarvis and Brett.
However, definitely he's in one of the finest songwriters league.

I'm not sure about Brett Anderson being a great frontman to be honest! Wearing a blouse, shaking your arse and waving a tambourine about doesn't make you a great fontman. Oh, hang on a second, maybe it does.....

He won't be on this Monday..They said announcing Moz studio set and you can be there

too..

I think Jarvis has lost his style in middle age. He looks like a geography teacher now.

I'm a big fan of Jarvis, and I really loved his solo album. You're right about his fashion sensibilities! Honestly, I think he's stopped trying to be "hip." Anyway, if you can get away with dressing/grooming like that and still stay married to a French hottie - I say more power to him!:)

I don't think Elvis tried to keep looking young.......:D

Jukebox Jury

Hey people, there is no point in "trying to look young"....we all are getting older. why it is so terrible??? being & getting old I mean? it's a fact of life.

Hey people, there is no point in "trying to look young"....we all are getting older. why it is so terrible??? being & getting old I mean? it's a fact of life.

The camera never lies. For no reason whatsoever, have a vectorised Moz I did earlier...

w4va0.jpg

Peter

P.S Will the announcement be on tonight's show?

Yes, the camera never lies...but why should Morrissey try & look "young" or younger than he is?

He looks pretty charismatic as he is.

I think there's enough of these whippersnapper popstars around already :p

They come & go. But very few have the longevity, the talent, the ups & downs as Morrissey does. In this day and age, when the record sales are down and kids download music into their mobile phones, Morrissey is a rarity. And he is very likely to be the "last" popstar we'll ever have.

See, I come from the T. Rex & Bowie generation...almost :tears:

Tags
i can tag too pish shite. this charming man
Back
Top Bottom