Morrissey: Racism and bigotry masquerading as animal welfare - Love Music Hate Racism

Morrissey: Racism and bigotry masquerading as animal welfare - Love Music Hate Racism
"Morrissey has jumped from the gutter into the sewer with his latest racist outbursts, which single out Muslims, Jews and Black and Asian politicians.

Excerpt:

Echoing fascist and ultra nationalist parties in Europe, the singer has called for Halal and Kosher meat to be banned and dumped abuse on shadow home secretary Diane Abbott and on London’s Mayor Sadiq Khan.
According to Morrissey, “halal slaughter requires certification that can only be given by supporters of Isis”, a process which he describes as “evil” and which should be banned. He also calls for the outlawing of Jewish kosher meat preparation, which he says is “very cruel”.
The message is barely coded. From the Nazi BNP and EDL in Britain to Marine Le Pen’s Front National in France to Hungarian prime minister Victor Orban’s anti-Semitic, anti-Muslim, anti-migrant election campaign last month, calls to ban Halal and Kosher meat have acted as a dog whistle for their Nazi followers."

..."We will be organising gigs and educational events in towns and cities across the country, to shut up bigots like Morrissey and his racist friends."

Thought the article was worth including after reading that (the last quote, not the excerpt) :)

42835_M17-Anti-Racism-Demo-SUTR17-3-18-40-1024x681.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:
Sorry bit off topic but does anyone know if Morrissey has a sense of humour that he'd be able to laugh if others made fun of him or teased him? The reason I ask as this is a protective factor if you're a c***.

Last edited:
They see people who are 'labeled oppressed' (by whom LOL), or refugees and wonder how such people can have happiness or opportunity??? What? They are oppressed and have happiness and opportunity at the same time.
Where do all get this wacky logic?:crazy:

Its like Skinny saying he is not racist because he loves everybody except the millions who voted Leave, and any assorted millions that don't agree with bizarre rantings.:lbf:

Then get drunk abuse the 'other' while drunk? You mean to imply Skinny and Cheswick are drunk when they post??:squiffy:
Are you functionally retarded? Oppressed by whom...

Dense. Dense. Dense.

I can not stand this sort of discussion anymore ... are you all gone mad?? Morrissey is absolutely right with what he says. And it has absolutely nothing to do with racism or nazi or extremism or any of that old fashioned boring f***ing shit. Open your eyes please! Freedom of speech and opinion please ... are you all gone blind??

Sorry bit off topic but does anyone know if Morrissey has a sense of humour that he'd be able to laugh if others made fun of him or teased him? The reason I ask as this is a protective factor if you're a c***.
Have you ever heard his music?
Or are you really clueless?

Are you functionally retarded? Oppressed by whom...

Dense. Dense. Dense.

I take it then it was your act of, like morrissey so old.com would say, 'labeling.'LOL

Oppressed by whom? Islam and the Ayatollahs that made them flee for their lives, or Cheswick
drinking a cold beer in the UK?:crazy:

You have to fix your nutjob logic.:straightface:

Why do I get this horrible feeling that on the next tour there will be hordes of black balaclava-wearing Antifa goons outside every venue doing their best to stop the shows?
:drama:

Hahaha - not clueless just able to withdraw my head from Morrissey"s colon - you should try it. Poor guy must be quite uncomfortable.

He"s a c*** who sings - weirdly I did know he was a singer - didn't just fall on this site accidentally looking for my online stool chart. Even falling over my zimmer frame and having a head injury; I knew the Smiths and Morrissey before my double hip replacement.

Yours clueless

Evelyn Scott

God I'm still so torn on this, he's a f***ing idiot the way he goes about delivering his message, but I still can't believe he is truly racist. I think the heart of his issues here are the animal cruelty stuff, he is so focused on the method of killing animals for halal or kosher meat and his big sweeping statements make it sound so much worse than a nuanced and well articulated pin point attack on the heart of the issue he has. But that could be on purpose too, because if he did that, then less publicity. Same with the mayor of London. I feel like his true issue there is literally the way he speaks. He sees London and a high office of the mayor as embodying the most English of England. Someone who "speaks proper". I think he's miffed at the idea that someone is, in his eyes, butchering the English language in a role that should not see that happen, regardless of their race. But because of their race, that's what people are jumping on. But he brings this on himself because I think he is almost inviting it, or is so egotistical he thinks he is above questioning or suspicion of such things. I feel like we've also seen enough of him to know he isn't truly racist. He also rips into other political figures and people of his own race. He detests Trump, and May. He has said nasty things about people from predominantly white countries. I don't think he's racist, he's a bully, he's egotistical, and I think he spreads his hate around pretty liberally among lots of people for specific reasons ... yet he talks about it in such general sweeping statements that invites these accusations.

He's just so god damn frustrating, and if he was anyone else I'd just wash my hands and walk away because I can't be bothered with it. But the music, damnit, he still gets me with that. So for the most part I just tune it all out, he can rant and rave about this and that, people can rant and rave about him ... I mostly let it wash over and look out for the music. In the end, he's someone who just has a great number of differing opinions from myself, he's not the embodiment of evil. If, god forbid, he ever turned out to be a Gary Glitter or something ... well, that's a different story.

I agree. I was the one who asked the if khan was a vegan pro imigration reform politician who morrissey still hate him and I can’t tuink that he would not meaning his race isn’t the issue. Most racists don’t try and play shows in the countries of the race they don’t like. A big problem with most of his points and messages is that he doesn’t make any attempt to differentiate himself from the extreme right which allows them to adopt his views and get grouped in sometimes. This being the extreme polarized times we live in a comment about Britain first being the best party for animal rights turns into a guardian headline about him supporting there party even though he clearly states in the same piece that he doesn’t vote or support the process. Most people might have said they’re the best on animal rights but I don’t agree with a lot of there views or methods (I dont really know who they are) but I don’t even think he’s aware of how it can be seen or used when he doesn’t as he seems to just speak overly directly. The use of flowerly dry black humor and speech doesn’t help either. The comment about isis and hala meat was obviously not literal but again people who want to will try to make so and make a headline out of it

It really is sad to see such a great artist sabotage his career so thoroughly. He had it all going for him from say 1983 to 1994. What a run! He was amazing. Great songs, great image, well spoken, mysterious. I miss the 'real' Morrissey! Seeing a confused bigmouth (strikes again)? whose sense of style--both in writing and fashion has just...deserted him, gives me no joy. I doubt we will get him back but I hope we do...one day in far-off places? Hey-Oh!

I take it then it was your act of, like morrissey so old.com would say, 'labeling.'LOL

Oppressed by whom? Islam and the Ayatollahs that made them flee for their lives, or Cheswick
drinking a cold beer in the UK?:crazy:

You have to fix your nutjob logic.:straightface:
Nobody's actually oppressed. They just need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and defend Morrissey to the death, right?

Morrissey has officially become a right wing ideologue. He might as well start a podcast, and launch a new career like other over the hill celebrities because his music means nothing now.

He has become a charmless, insensitive person consumed with his own desires.

Sometimes, in my more cynical moments, I think that he knows his material no longer deserves a second look, so he intentionally brings negative attention to himself, and then I think, no, he's just a selfish person who has very little empathy for other human beings. It goes well beyond immigration, and race.

There's just nothing likeable about him anymore.

I have been a daily visitor to Morrissey-Solo for over 15 years, since I first saw Moz at the Royal Albert Hall in 2002. It remains a peerless Morrissey news site.

However, I have decided to take the page out of my bookmarks and I will no longer be visiting. The comments from Morrissey across the past year have revealed him to be a bigoted, petty, contemptuous Little Englander, with a xenophobia that crosses into racism.

Further, the BTL comment here has degenerated into hysterical, insane, obsessive loathing, and is just thoroughly depressing to read. David T, if you want to maintain a worthwhile website, please deploy actual moderators who don't occupy themselves with foul-mouthed trolling and personal abuse. I've never seen the like anywhere else.

Thank you, Morrissey-solo, for 15 years of valuable updates, but the cranks who haunt this place - and, sadly, Morrissey himself - have made it a poisonous place to be.

If you don’t like him, don’t look at him.

Moaners go away for ever! Stop wasting your time.

I have been a daily visitor to Morrissey-Solo for over 15 years, since I first saw Moz at the Royal Albert Hall in 2002. It remains a peerless Morrissey news site.

However, I have decided to take the page out of my bookmarks and I will no longer be visiting. The comments from Morrissey across the past year have revealed him to be a bigoted, petty, contemptuous Little Englander, with a xenophobia that crosses into racism.

Further, the BTL comment here has degenerated into hysterical, insane, obsessive loathing, and is just thoroughly depressing to read. David T, if you want to maintain a worthwhile website, please deploy actual moderators who don't occupy themselves with foul-mouthed trolling and personal abuse. I've never seen the like anywhere else.

Thank you, Morrissey-solo, for 15 years of valuable updates, but the cranks who haunt this place - and, sadly, Morrissey himself - have made it a poisonous place to be.
Jesus, see a Doctor, its only a website!....I agree with Moz anyway, his points are valid,...halal is evil, seems so to me,

Nobody's actually oppressed. They just need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and defend Morrissey to the death, right?

That too incoherent to even qualify as a logical fallacy.doh:

I'm normally polite to most people, but you can just go f*** yourself with a prickly pear cactus.
I've no interest at all in speaking with you about the weather, let alone any kind of grown up topic.

Of course you dont. LOL.
Easier than explaining a post that has no explanation, contradictions within contradictions.:brows:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom