Morrissey: Racism and bigotry masquerading as animal welfare - Love Music Hate Racism

Morrissey: Racism and bigotry masquerading as animal welfare - Love Music Hate Racism
"Morrissey has jumped from the gutter into the sewer with his latest racist outbursts, which single out Muslims, Jews and Black and Asian politicians.

Excerpt:

Echoing fascist and ultra nationalist parties in Europe, the singer has called for Halal and Kosher meat to be banned and dumped abuse on shadow home secretary Diane Abbott and on London’s Mayor Sadiq Khan.
According to Morrissey, “halal slaughter requires certification that can only be given by supporters of Isis”, a process which he describes as “evil” and which should be banned. He also calls for the outlawing of Jewish kosher meat preparation, which he says is “very cruel”.
The message is barely coded. From the Nazi BNP and EDL in Britain to Marine Le Pen’s Front National in France to Hungarian prime minister Victor Orban’s anti-Semitic, anti-Muslim, anti-migrant election campaign last month, calls to ban Halal and Kosher meat have acted as a dog whistle for their Nazi followers."

..."We will be organising gigs and educational events in towns and cities across the country, to shut up bigots like Morrissey and his racist friends."

Thought the article was worth including after reading that (the last quote, not the excerpt) :)

42835_M17-Anti-Racism-Demo-SUTR17-3-18-40-1024x681.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:
Back in Manchester, John Maher of Wythenshawe prepares an album for release and cringes at the deluge of "Is Morrissey racist" questions ahead.
I have to assume that any interviewers trying will likely get met with silence, or be debriefed in advance not to ask. It would be refreshing to hear him just dump it all out there though. At this point, any Smiths reunion seems pointless, so who knows? He just might.

Moz has very often shown a lack of empathy with people, unless they are sycophantic fans who never question anything. On the BBC One show he remarked something along the lines of "why sympathise?" with people who were unemployed, when they could go off and be painters. I forget the exact quote but it showed a lack of empathy and there was a brief awkward pause as the show's hosts tried to gloss over it. I know in a letter to a pen pal he called the pal 'careless' for 'losing' his sister who had recently died. That is unforgivable and wasn't funny, even though I assume Moz wasn't trying to hurt him.

I think Moz would be better off making music, having sell-out concerts, and expressing himself through music. Every time he does an interview he causes problems, even if those interviews are pre-submitted questions that he has had time to digest and think about. A once-off troublesome interview is ok, but a whole series of them is just weird. His success, money, and adoration by fans and yes-men means that he won't listen to anyone who contradicts him. I hate saying all that because I love the music, loved LIHS, and would be thrilled if he releases another album soon (instead of a 5 year wait). However, I think he is doing his best to ruin his record deal. That would be a self-manufactured tragedy that ultimately is a betrayal of the fans.
That's my feeling too, Acton. I can't fathom it. It's like he's got political Tourette's. And the trouble about hoping he'll just focus on the music is, these wonky world views have started to infiltrate it too. There's no doubt these shitstorms have accelerated in the last couple of years, and even the saintly Korda will have a line that he'll cross, sooner or later.

how is this humane or better than how ISIS treats women and how does this support women's rights ?

Is there that great a difference between the ISIS view of the rights of women and the general Islamic view of the rights of women? Both are based on the same texts and Islam isn’t famous for its liberal views on issues of female emancipation.

Moz has very often shown a lack of empathy with people, unless they are sycophantic fans who never question anything. On the BBC One show he remarked something along the lines of "why sympathise?" with people who were unemployed, when they could go off and be painters. I forget the exact quote but it showed a lack of empathy and there was a brief awkward pause as the show's hosts tried to gloss over it. I know in a letter to a pen pal he called the pal 'careless' for 'losing' his sister who had recently died. That is unforgivable and wasn't funny, even though I assume Moz wasn't trying to hurt him.

I think Moz would be better off making music, having sell-out concerts, and expressing himself through music. Every time he does an interview he causes problems, even if those interviews are pre-submitted questions that he has had time to digest and think about. A once-off troublesome interview is ok, but a whole series of them is just weird. His success, money, and adoration by fans and yes-men means that he won't listen to anyone who contradicts him. I hate saying all that because I love the music, loved LIHS, and would be thrilled if he releases another album soon (instead of a 5 year wait). However, I think he is doing his best to ruin his record deal. That would be a self-manufactured tragedy that ultimately is a betrayal of the fans.

The man is a walking self sabotage, I honestly think he does it so he blames it on other people so he can play the victim.

Reckon Uncle Steve is so awesome m8! He talks shit about foreigners while sitting on his deck in Malibu eating rolled potato tacos, refried beans, chocolate chip cookies, and drinking root beer. Taking the foreigner people's money that he talks shit about knowing that he could tour a foreign country like the uk after completely ignoring them for 5 years and sell out. What an American Capitalist. Steve for president! Show me the birth certificate.

morrissey prez.jpg

Is there that great a difference between the ISIS view of the rights of women and the general Islamic view of the rights of women? Both are based on the same texts and Islam isn’t famous for its liberal views on issues of female emancipation.

To be fair none of the holy trilogy of religions are particularly pleasant if you're a woman or a homosexual. It's always been about control and oppression.

As an aside our wishy washy watered down acceptable version of Christianity clouds what it is. Check out the nuttiness that goes on elsewhere and you have to realize how ridiculous it all is. Keep religion out of stuff and we'd all be better off, whether it's the US using God to justify all manner of shit, nutty Islamists blowing up kids, Christians using therapy to turn their gay kids straight or some other weirdos justifying their bullshit with faith based nonsense and at the bottom end it almost always ends with someone being oppressed and buying into it with full Stockholm Syndrome thanks to being subjected to a lifetime of dogma.

Can you run that by me again? The sentiment is a lack of empathy for the people they loathe?:crazy: What?
How can one have empathy for the people they loathe? Skinny doesn't have sympathy for the people
he loathes. With the sole exception of Moz I guess,

Vegan cro I don’t loath you, I just feel sorry for you, because your a sorry piece of shit and a c*** face.

I am a person holding an opinion at odds with what is generally accepted. This I feel is that we are not far from burning CDs, LPs, etc. "Hate, love and war, Force emotions to the fore, But not for me, of course, of course, I KEEP MINE HIDDEN Oh..."

A question. If khan was an atheist animal loving vegan politician who was strong on imigration control do people still think morrissey would dislike him

I've often felt that part of the intense unquestioning hatred comes from people who feel trapped themselves, and for whom the world is very, very small. They wish they could have the freedom, or money, or mobility to see the world, but for whatever reason, they cannot. They see people who are labeled oppressed, or refugees, and wonder how such people can have happiness or opportunity that they do not, so it's easier to get drunk and abuse the "other" than to have to face their own situation and the how and why of it.

They see people who are 'labeled oppressed' (by whom LOL), or refugees and wonder how such people can have happiness or opportunity??? What? They are oppressed and have happiness and opportunity at the same time.
Where do all get this wacky logic?:crazy:

Its like Skinny saying he is not racist because he loves everybody except the millions who voted Leave, and any assorted millions that don't agree with bizarre rantings.:lbf:

Then get drunk abuse the 'other' while drunk? You mean to imply Skinny and Cheswick are drunk when they post??:squiffy:

Vegan cro I don’t loath you, I just feel sorry for you, because your a sorry piece of shit and a c*** face.

Not surprised as its a given you are loco in the coconut.:crazy:
You are like one big fat human neurosis, like the homeless guy who thinks he's undercover for the CIA.

I'm not going to link, but if you want to look, you have Infowars, Breitbart, Paul Joseph Watson, Tommy Robinson, and various Nazi forums praising Morrissey. Sure, you may not think he's racist, but he's got an awful lot of racist fans, and that's indisputable.

I have to say that now his career is coming to a close, now he's got all your money, he's reverting to type. How does it feel that you were cheated?
It's not on Breitbart. They did have a story about Johnny Marr last week that wasn't received very well. They made fun of Johnny's hair and argued about How Soon is Now. Some asked who is Johnny Marr. But no mention of Hitler or any Nazi affiliation

God I'm still so torn on this, he's a f***ing idiot the way he goes about delivering his message, but I still can't believe he is truly racist. I think the heart of his issues here are the animal cruelty stuff, he is so focused on the method of killing animals for halal or kosher meat and his big sweeping statements make it sound so much worse than a nuanced and well articulated pin point attack on the heart of the issue he has. But that could be on purpose too, because if he did that, then less publicity. Same with the mayor of London. I feel like his true issue there is literally the way he speaks. He sees London and a high office of the mayor as embodying the most English of England. Someone who "speaks proper". I think he's miffed at the idea that someone is, in his eyes, butchering the English language in a role that should not see that happen, regardless of their race. But because of their race, that's what people are jumping on. But he brings this on himself because I think he is almost inviting it, or is so egotistical he thinks he is above questioning or suspicion of such things. I feel like we've also seen enough of him to know he isn't truly racist. He also rips into other political figures and people of his own race. He detests Trump, and May. He has said nasty things about people from predominantly white countries. I don't think he's racist, he's a bully, he's egotistical, and I think he spreads his hate around pretty liberally among lots of people for specific reasons ... yet he talks about it in such general sweeping statements that invites these accusations.

He's just so god damn frustrating, and if he was anyone else I'd just wash my hands and walk away because I can't be bothered with it. But the music, damnit, he still gets me with that. So for the most part I just tune it all out, he can rant and rave about this and that, people can rant and rave about him ... I mostly let it wash over and look out for the music. In the end, he's someone who just has a great number of differing opinions from myself, he's not the embodiment of evil. If, god forbid, he ever turned out to be a Gary Glitter or something ... well, that's a different story.

... Snip... If, god forbid, he ever turned out to be a Gary Glitter or something ... well, that's a different story.
Some are already trying to indirectly link the two:

20180418_181105.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

so if you don't like how a group of people needlessly for stupids reasons kill animals in the worse way then you are a racist. then a am a fing racist. Proud of it.

you Europeans are out your minds, we have better things to do here in US than over analyze every word someone says.

God I'm still so torn on this, he's a f***ing idiot the way he goes about delivering his message, but I still can't believe he is truly racist. I think the heart of his issues here are the animal cruelty stuff, he is so focused on the method of killing animals for halal or kosher meat and his big sweeping statements make it sound so much worse than a nuanced and well articulated pin point attack on the heart of the issue he has. But that could be on purpose too, because if he did that, then less publicity. Same with the mayor of London. I feel like his true issue there is literally the way he speaks. He sees London and a high office of the mayor as embodying the most English of England. Someone who "speaks proper". I think he's miffed at the idea that someone is, in his eyes, butchering the English language in a role that should not see that happen, regardless of their race. But because of their race, that's what people are jumping on. But he brings this on himself because I think he is almost inviting it, or is so egotistical he thinks he is above questioning or suspicion of such things. I feel like we've also seen enough of him to know he isn't truly racist. He also rips into other political figures and people of his own race. He detests Trump, and May. He has said nasty things about people from predominantly white countries. I don't think he's racist, he's a bully, he's egotistical, and I think he spreads his hate around pretty liberally among lots of people for specific reasons ... yet he talks about it in such general sweeping statements that invites these accusations.

He's just so god damn frustrating, and if he was anyone else I'd just wash my hands and walk away because I can't be bothered with it. But the music, damnit, he still gets me with that. So for the most part I just tune it all out, he can rant and rave about this and that, people can rant and rave about him ... I mostly let it wash over and look out for the music. In the end, he's someone who just has a great number of differing opinions from myself, he's not the embodiment of evil. If, god forbid, he ever turned out to be a Gary Glitter or something ... well, that's a different story.
It is all about the music, that’s what his trade is. Very strange how some people refuse to see that. If he was a politician I wouldn’t vote for him. But as he is a singer and has created some of the best music around for the past 35 years, his legend and legacy will never diminish and the veneus will be packed to the rafters, as last month has proven.
And quite rightly so!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom