Morrissey: Racism and bigotry masquerading as animal welfare - Love Music Hate Racism

Morrissey: Racism and bigotry masquerading as animal welfare - Love Music Hate Racism
"Morrissey has jumped from the gutter into the sewer with his latest racist outbursts, which single out Muslims, Jews and Black and Asian politicians.

Excerpt:

Echoing fascist and ultra nationalist parties in Europe, the singer has called for Halal and Kosher meat to be banned and dumped abuse on shadow home secretary Diane Abbott and on London’s Mayor Sadiq Khan.
According to Morrissey, “halal slaughter requires certification that can only be given by supporters of Isis”, a process which he describes as “evil” and which should be banned. He also calls for the outlawing of Jewish kosher meat preparation, which he says is “very cruel”.
The message is barely coded. From the Nazi BNP and EDL in Britain to Marine Le Pen’s Front National in France to Hungarian prime minister Victor Orban’s anti-Semitic, anti-Muslim, anti-migrant election campaign last month, calls to ban Halal and Kosher meat have acted as a dog whistle for their Nazi followers."

..."We will be organising gigs and educational events in towns and cities across the country, to shut up bigots like Morrissey and his racist friends."

Thought the article was worth including after reading that (the last quote, not the excerpt) :)

42835_M17-Anti-Racism-Demo-SUTR17-3-18-40-1024x681.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:
The definition of racism expands to include religions now. The Mormons should be informed.

Remember that time he gave some money to LMHR when he said a naughty thing. Looks like a calculated business decision now, doesn't it? He knew he'd get it back.

When Morrissey spoke of “halal slaughter requires certification that can only be given by supporters of Isis” I assumed he was simply drawing a comparison between the treatment Isis meted out to its victims and the way halal slaughter is carried out. It’s the latest in a line of Morrissey comments which draw a direct comparison between the sentience of people and animals. I didn’t take anything more from it than that.

I went to the Love Music Not Racism website to check out its fierce opposition to the current wave of anti-semitism in Neu Labour, but they still seem to be working on a reaction. Just an oversight I’m sure. It’s only been two years since Shameless Chucklebutty’s report.

A cynic, which I hope I am not, might think LMNR are a bunch of chancers desperate to jump on any passing bandwagon to sell their tatty Frankie Goes To Hollywood style t-shirts to the type of Hoxton Nathan Barley’s who think nothing of paying five quid for a bowl of rice crispies.

Neither Moz, Douglas Murray, Tommy Robinson or Anne Marie Waters would even accept the tag of right wing, let alone all the fascist/racist/far right mudslinging.

Rather they merely seek to highlight the harm of a spreading illiberal ideology within a liberal culture.

He supports Anne Marie Waters"party Britain First on the grounds of animal cruelty and his perceived notion that followers of Islam are all barbaric terrorists like ISIS i.e for their treatment of women citing child marriage andFGM, homophobia and animal slaughter etc..
Well how can he support this Britain First ideology that Muslim birth rate must drop. Does he agree with Eugenics or forcing Muslim women to be sterilised or forced abortions - how is this humane or better than how ISIS treats women and how does this support women's rights ?

I'm not going to link, but if you want to look, you have Infowars, Breitbart, Paul Joseph Watson, Tommy Robinson, and various Nazi forums praising Morrissey. Sure, you may not think he's racist, but he's got an awful lot of racist fans, and that's indisputable.

I have to say that now his career is coming to a close, now he's got all your money, he's reverting to type. How does it feel that you were cheated?

He supports Anne Marie Waters"party Britain First on the grounds of animal cruelty and his perceived notion that followers of Islam are all barbaric terrorists like ISIS i.e for their treatment of women citing child marriage andFGM, homophobia and animal slaughter etc..
Well how can he support this Britain First ideology that Muslim birth rate must drop. Does he agree with Eugenics or forcing Muslim women to be sterilised or forced abortions - how is this humane or better than how ISIS treats women and how does this support women's rights ?

Well indeed. It's all about the animals, isn't it, not those brown people he keeps slagging off.

Why aren’t they interested in the Hindus, Sikhs, Afro-Carribean community then? Ethnicity isn’t the cause of their concern, ideology is and ideologies should be disputed freely.

..."We will be organising gigs and educational events in towns and cities across the country, to shut up bigots like Morrissey and his racist friends."

Wouldn't it be ironic if these gigs were made up of the sort of bands/artists The Smiths played with on the pro Labour Party Red Wedge tour in the eighties?.

Why aren’t they interested in the Hindus, Sikhs, Afro-Carribean community then? Ethnicity isn’t the cause of their concern, ideology is and ideologies should be disputed freely.

It used to be about them and they realized you can't get away with that. The target has just moved. The target always moves but the sentiment remains the same.

The sentiment is a lack of empathy with the people they loathe, often caused by a lack of experience of said people leading to those people becoming a target of stereotyping and then hate.

The definition of racism expands to include religions now. The Mormons should be informed.

Mormons (generally, not all) are some of the most racist people you'll ever meet. The way they treat Native Americans 'round here makes Apartheid look like a pleasant day in the park. Don't let the blue eyes fool you.

It used to be about them and they realized you can't get away with that. The target has just moved. The target always moves but the sentiment remains the same.

The sentiment is a lack of empathy with the people they loathe, often caused by a lack of experience of said people leading to those people becoming a target of stereotyping and then hate.

Can you run that by me again? The sentiment is a lack of empathy for the people they loathe?:crazy: What?
How can one have empathy for the people they loathe? Skinny doesn't have sympathy for the people
he loathes. With the sole exception of Moz I guess,

This ship is sinking fast and it’s almost sad to watch the desperate few cling to the life rafts before it goes completely under. Meanwhile, a lot of us fans with a bit more of a moral compass jumped ship a little by time ago. For Britain? You can f*** right off Moz and take your cat Pepe with you.

Moz has very often shown a lack of empathy with people, unless they are sycophantic fans who never question anything. On the BBC One show he remarked something along the lines of "why sympathise?" with people who were unemployed, when they could go off and be painters. I forget the exact quote but it showed a lack of empathy and there was a brief awkward pause as the show's hosts tried to gloss over it. I know in a letter to a pen pal he called the pal 'careless' for 'losing' his sister who had recently died. That is unforgivable and wasn't funny, even though I assume Moz wasn't trying to hurt him.

I think Moz would be better off making music, having sell-out concerts, and expressing himself through music. Every time he does an interview he causes problems, even if those interviews are pre-submitted questions that he has had time to digest and think about. A once-off troublesome interview is ok, but a whole series of them is just weird. His success, money, and adoration by fans and yes-men means that he won't listen to anyone who contradicts him. I hate saying all that because I love the music, loved LIHS, and would be thrilled if he releases another album soon (instead of a 5 year wait). However, I think he is doing his best to ruin his record deal. That would be a self-manufactured tragedy that ultimately is a betrayal of the fans.

Back in Manchester, John Maher of Wythenshawe prepares an album for release and cringes at the deluge of "Is Morrissey racist" questions ahead.

I've often felt that part of the intense unquestioning hatred comes from people who feel trapped themselves, and for whom the world is very, very small. They wish they could have the freedom, or money, or mobility to see the world, but for whatever reason, they cannot. They see people who are labeled oppressed, or refugees, and wonder how such people can have happiness or opportunity that they do not, so it's easier to get drunk and abuse the "other" than to have to face their own situation and the how and why of it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom