Morrissey quote RE: The Guardian (Sep. 2018), Laurel Aitken 7" photo - Morrissey Central

“If you haven’t been assassinated or turned into a public target by The Guardian then you are clearly doing something terribly wrong with your musical career.
Being praised by The Guardian Arts Section has become a bit like receiving a love bite from Jimmy Savile.”
MORRISSEY, September 2018.

44259_laurel_aitken.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/quote

Another cover clue?
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Guardian Arts section should be called: The latest pedestrian creative endeavours from our friends, relatives and those we've networked with on an industrial scale to form an iron-tight monopoly.

where does it actually say its a track from the album,i will hold fire on this till we get a tracklisting.i said on here months ago the album could be great as long as its not obscure tracks nobodies familiar with,looks like it is.

where does it actually say its a track from the album,i will hold fire on this till we get a tracklisting.i said on here months ago the album could be great as long as its not obscure tracks nobodies familiar with,looks like it is.

:eek: ' hold fire' !?

here at Solo ?!

;)

What a stupid and a pointless comment -- as usual. Perhaps Morrissey could name some other talented artists mistreated by The Guardian. Skrewdriver maybe?

As far as Morrissey troll statements go I think this was actually one of the better ones. The Savile line is priceless.

That line about Jimmy Savile sounds like classic Moz humour at it's best. That was a good statement!

If Morrissey thinks sticking up a pic of a 7" single by a dead ska/reggae legend will deflect attention from his more recent mutterings, he's soooooo very badly mistaken. No more than Thomas Jefferson having sex (and kids) with black slave mistresses of his deflects from the fact that he didn't abolish slavery when President.

Last edited:
If Morrissey thinks sticking up a pic of a 7" single by a dead ska/reggae legend will deflect attention from his more recent mutterings, he's soooooo very badly mistaken. No more than Thomas Jefferson having sex (and kids) with black slave mistresses of his doesn't deflect from the fact that he didn't abolish slavery when President.

First of all, what recent mutterings? Nothing he's said has brought hysterical press and angry Moz Solo in months. Whenever he releases anything anodyne, people jump on it and say it's damage control, but it doesn't really apply in this instance, does it? Far more likely, he's promoting his new album. He seems to like these little hints, as shown when he posted the "This is Morrissey" sleeve on his birthday without context. This is obviously another hint.
Of course the quote isn't his best ever, but I think it's great. It's perverse and amusing. It's extremely Morrissey-esque. I don't see it as crying victim because the fact is, he was torn apart by the press, whether it was his fault or not. Either way he's saying he's happy they don't like him because he wouldn't want to be liked by them. It could be that he's glad they don't like what he's saying, so I don't see it as him painting himself as a victim.
"To hell with the mainstream, really. It's not a great place to be anyway..."
But (presumably) you can read.

First of all, what recent mutterings? Nothing he's said has brought hysterical press and angry Moz Solo in months. Whenever he releases anything anodyne, people jump on it and say it's damage control, but it doesn't really apply in this instance, does it? Far more likely, he's promoting his new album. He seems to like these little hints, as shown when he posted the "This is Morrissey" sleeve on his birthday without context. This is obviously another hint.
Of course the quote isn't his best ever, but I think it's great. It's perverse and amusing. It's extremely Morrissey-esque. I don't see it as crying victim because the fact is, he was torn apart by the press, whether it was his fault or not. Either way he's saying he's happy they don't like him because he wouldn't want to be liked by them. It could be that he's glad they don't like what he's saying, so I don't see it as him painting himself as a victim.

Lawrence only points out what's caused so much hassle of late. It's called "freedom of speech". Just not on your terms. Touchy one....aren't you? And all too selective in what you read. Oh well. :crazy:

I don't see it as crying victim because the fact is, he was torn apart by the press, whether it was his fault or not. Either way he's saying he's happy they don't like him because he wouldn't want to be liked by them. It could be that he's glad they don't like what he's saying, so I don't see it as him painting himself as a victim.

Morrissey visibly inflates when the press are praising him. He says things like reviews, press, charts don't matter, but boy do they ever, based on autobio, interviews, and internet manifestos past.
It's like a moody teenager who wasn't invited to the party saying Well I didn't want to go to your stupid party anyway! You all suck! A pattern has emerged over the decades. The more he says he isn't, the more likely it is that he is, and vice versa.

I'm most touched by your response, young man. Seeing as I've been working in libraries as Mozz's mum once did over 31 and a 1/2 years, I take my reading most seriously indeed.
Wow. How this group's changed over the many years since I first discovered it, back in 1997. There was a time when Mozheads duelled at dawn over just single and album sleeves alone, or what was the best setlist for whatever tour he did. These days, it's those who'd have failed the Hitler Youth medical just on the sight of them alone trying and failing to show that they're more fascist than thou.
What to do, eh?

I'm most touched by your response, young man. Seeing as I've been working in libraries as Mozz's mum once did over 31 and a 1/2 years, I take my reading most seriously indeed.
Wow. How this group's changed over the many years since I first discovered it, back in 1997. There was a time when Mozheads duelled at dawn over just single and album sleeves alone, or what was the best setlist for whatever tour he did. These days, it's those who'd have failed the Hitler Youth medical just on the sight of them alone trying and failing to show that they're more fascist than thou.
What to do, eh?

:poutingcat:A Fing LIBRARIAN for 31 YEARS!!!!!! 31 YEARS LIVING OF TAX PAYER!!!!!!:censored:

Skinny, Chezz now you too, all the haters on assistance:censored:

:poutingcat:A Fing LIBRARIAN for 31 YEARS!!!!!! 31 YEARS LIVING OF TAX PAYER!!!!!!:censored:

Skinny, Chezz now you too, all the haters on assistance:censored:

Actually, you'll find it's 31 years of doing his job and sweetly paying his taxes in the UK. So, do tell us all What do you do with yourself, other than trolling unproductively and doing word salad regularly outside of the UK? Aren't you a total non-credit to Croatia...as if. ;)

Lawrence only points out what's caused so much hassle of late. It's called "freedom of speech". Just not on your terms. Touchy one....aren't you? And all too selective in what you read. Oh well. :crazy:
I wasn't trying to shut down anyone's freedom of speech. I was arguing my point, which is also freedom of speech. I don't understand in any way where you're coming from with that. Usually, the reason I post is because I want a response. I want debate. I'm not trying to shut down free speech.
Beware, I'm about to double down. In this particular quote, and I'm not talking about his wordy Morrissey Central posts or interviews, but in this quote, I still don't see crying victim or damage control.
In the instance of the Lost Studio release and cat picture, I saw damage control. With the release of a picture of a record, I see promotion. That's all.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom