Morrissey quote RE: The Guardian (Sep. 2018), Laurel Aitken 7" photo - Morrissey Central

“If you haven’t been assassinated or turned into a public target by The Guardian then you are clearly doing something terribly wrong with your musical career.
Being praised by The Guardian Arts Section has become a bit like receiving a love bite from Jimmy Savile.”
MORRISSEY, September 2018.

44259_laurel_aitken.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/quote

Another cover clue?
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, and I was just thinking half an hour ago that Morrissey hadn't said anything stupid recently. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

What a f***ing wanker. He's the Donald Trump of the music world. I'm sure he'll get rave reviews over at Stormfront. In other news, tour and album coming, say something stupid, get in the news.

Wow. I've never actually heard this before. It seems this was recorded in 1968, the same year as the Rivers of Blood speech. For those interested, the lyrics:

They're making this big confusion
'bout repatriation (Rpt both lines)
Mr Powell he is afraid
That black man will take him to his grave
We don't want no hostility
We're just begging him for equality

Run Powell run (x2)
Run Powell run, run
Black man a come

You mouth talk
With such a might
You only making black man unite (Rpt both lines)
You been ruling three hundred years
And we've been living in hope and fear
We're just begging you for equality

Run Powell, run, run
Black man a come
Run Powell, run, run

[tpt solo]

Every man have a right
Whether you green, black or you white (Rpt both lines with 'has' for have)
No matter what you say or do
You think of it, we are human too
We're just begging you for equality

Run Powell run
Till you tumble down
Run Powell run, run, run
Black man a come

It's a damn blasted shame
Mr Heath join the campaign
You can have your fun
But I know freedom day will come
And we will buy you a drink a' rum
And then we will sing 'We Shall Overcome'

Run Powell run
Black man a come
Run Powell run, run
Till you tumble down
Run Powell run
Black man a come

(Laurel Aitken, 1968, recorded in the UK)

As the weather turns cold, the victim cardigan comes out of mothball'd storage, and wraps around his weary shoulders in that familiar comforting way, bringing warmth to his old bones as one singular thought enters his mind- "It's not me, it's them... It's never me... Always them..."

This would be a more appropriate song to cover...

(is he really singing 'bum bum, I want your bum bum tonight'?) :lbf:

In this context "Skinhead" has nothing to do with racism or bigotry, as I am sure that you are aware of. So no, it wouldn't be a more appropriate cover because skinhead lifestyle and music is about inclusivity and races getting on with each other, something Morrissey seems to have completely ignored. Morrissey, please do not cover Mr. Aitken or any other early skinhead reggae or Trojan artists, etc., because you simply have no f***ing grasp of what that scene stands for.

In this context "Skinhead" has nothing to do with racism or bigotry, as I am sure that you are aware of. So no, it wouldn't be a more appropriate cover because skinhead lifestyle and music is about inclusivity and races getting on with each other, something Morrissey seems to have completely ignored. Morrissey, please do not cover Mr. Aitken or any other early skinhead reggae or Trojan artists, etc., because you simply have no f***ing grasp of what that scene stands for.

I was referring to the 'bum bum' line.
Lighten up. ;)

GREAT INCISIVE COMMENT by MOZ!!!:rock:

GREAT PHILOSOPHY about the SUCKO GUARDIAN!:thumbsdown:
They like Sucko music like CALL THE COMET!:thumbsdown: That eventually nobody buys or listens.:lbf:

Morrissey, that's my kinda guy!

Victim cardigan greetings to G23, you better watch out for 12 inch now.

LOL

As the weather turns cold, the victim cardigan comes out of mothball'd storage, and wraps around his weary shoulders in that familiar comforting way, bringing warmth to his old bones as one singular thought enters his mind- "It's not me, it's them... It's never me... Always them..."

:crazy:

where did you get this bit of nonsense? The Hallmark channel?o_O

What a f***ing wanker. He's the Donald Trump of the music world. I'm sure he'll get rave reviews over at Stormfront. In other news, tour and album coming, say something stupid, get in the news.
Come on. As quotes go, it's funny as f***.

these beautifully crafted sentences make me feel all warm and crispy inside.

not so sure though what guardian art section he is referring to. probably i've missed something?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom