Morrissey questionnaire: Melody Maker, 5th January 1991

joe frady

Vile Refusenik
The line about "unlimited self-sabotage"... imagine being so aware of that trait, and equally unable to do anything about it. And it drives so much of what he does / says. (Not sure that "drives" is the right verb but you know what I mean.)

"impels "... "impails "...? ;)

GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn

The Courage to Get on People's Tits
I wonder what the music critics found offensive that time?

Poor Sod, he's got a good heart.
This is the review he was referring to, I believe.

Nerak

Reverse Ferret
This is the review he was referring to, I believe.

There's no mystery in that review - while he admits Moz has his moments - he also thinks he's boorish, plodding, spiteful, narcissistic, self-pitying, erratic & grudging.

Thing is though - it's those kind of reviews that make sensitive artists harden & retreat behind a veneer of wounded vanity.

There's no constructive criticism - nothing he can take & build on, just put-downs.

I sometimes moonlight as a critic & I treat it like feedback, so there's something they could do about it if they agreed with my point.

Gregor Samsa

I straighten up, and my position is one of hope.
The line about "unlimited self-sabotage"... imagine being so aware of that trait, and equally unable to do anything about it. And it drives so much of what he does / says. (Not sure that "drives" is the right verb but you know what I mean.)
I do and I agree, and I even relate somewhat. It’s a nasty web to be stuck in.

Gregor Samsa

I straighten up, and my position is one of hope.
Threads like this show that this place can be nice.

joe frady

Vile Refusenik
There's no mystery in that review - while he admits Moz has his moments - he also thinks he's boorish, plodding, spiteful, narcissistic, self-pitying, erratic & grudging.

Thing is though - it's those kind of reviews that make sensitive artists harden & retreat behind a veneer of wounded vanity.

There's no constructive criticism - nothing he can take & build on, just put-downs.

I sometimes moonlight as a critic & I treat it like feedback, so there's something they could do about it if they agreed with my point.

Dalton, another "NME" trench-footer. Brylcreem..? Moz has never had a lick of Brylcreem near his quiff.

That Troxy show was amazing. The place was like an old Art Deco spiv haunt, with dinner tables and mezzanines. And a Brixton chaser.

Ketamine Sun

<><><><><><><>
I think, as was suggested by FWD a few days ago somewhere on here, it's just block and ignore, block and ignore, block and ignore, block and ignore... Not easy to do, but worth it!

Yes, and I’ve gotten better at ignoring it all, just scrol past with no interest in giving my attention to negative (anti-Moz) posts.

But that they’re still allowed doesn’t help make the site be what it could be.

It is was it is though.

Top Bottom