Morrissey Press Conference

:eek: There are three new stories coming up on the main page, maybe there was a press conference after all?!

So I take it there was no press conference? Was it cancelled? Why is no one talking about it? Did those who attend have their memory banks "wiped" by the men in black?

Some info'mation, please!

I've just sneaked out from work, to see if there's any news... Somebody? :confused:

On the news here, there were 2 quick blurbs about a "rock legend" who is "closing down the Palladium after his 10-night residency." That's it. It was more about the fact that the historic venue is closing for renovations. In fact, on channel 5, the cameraman focused on Matt the whole time. Morrissey was literally onscreen for less than 30 seconds. On channel 4, even less. I taped both, and flipped around to the 97 other local newscasts here, but that's the only outlets that covered it.
Will check out the print media in the next few days to see if there's more.

On the humorous side, ch. 5 played "Suedehead" while they posted the day's lottery numbers.-- Why do you come here, when you know it makes things hard for me?

So, after my dog and I were done dancing around the house, I decided to take tomorrow off work and go to the show tonight after all!

Have a lovely day, lambies.

On the news here, there were 2 quick blurbs about a "rock legend" who is "closing down the Palladium after his 10-night residency." That's it. It was more about the fact that the historic venue is closing for renovations. In fact, on channel 5, the cameraman focused on Matt the whole time. Morrissey was literally onscreen for less than 30 seconds. On channel 4, even less. I taped both, and flipped around to the 97 other local newscasts here, but that's the only outlets that covered it.
Will check out the print media in the next few days to see if there's more.

On the humorous side, ch. 5 played "Suedehead" while they posted the day's lottery numbers.-- Why do you come here, when you know it makes things hard for me?

So, after my dog and I were done dancing around the house, I decided to take tomorrow off work and go to the show tonight after all!

Oh thanks.... :p

You GO girl! I wish I had just stayed in LA. :( Friday can't come soon enough.

I think you also definitely need to come to the Friday and Saturday shows this weekend. :p

Morrissey plans new album in 2008
By Sarah Holt // Tuesday, 2 October 2007, 12:38 GMT 13:38 UK
BBC News, Las Angeles

Former Smith legend Morrissey has announced plans to release a new album next September. (Morrissey will record his new material in LA or Boston)

The 48-year-old singer, who opened his 10-day residency at the Los Angeles Palladium on Monday, released his most recent album last year.

Speaking to the BBC News website he said: "The plan is to make a new album after this tour. It's absolutely written and completely ready."

He plans to record it in the US but insists it "won't be ready until 2008."

'Deliciously happy'

Morrissey and his band have been on the road for the last 18 months and will close their 177-date tour in Washington on 2 November.

His 10 dates in Los Angeles will be the last at the famous Palladium venue before it closes for extensive renovations.

When asked if he was still enjoyed touring Morrissey said he was "deliciously happy".

Despite the rigours of performing, the Manchester-born singer - who gained cult status as the brooding frontman of The Smiths in the 1980s - has still found time to write a ninth solo album.

He said his new LP would certainly draw from his experiences on the road but would still remain a personal piece of work.

"You are bound to pick up influences whose lyrics are famed for incorporating social and political commentary," he said.

"But when you create and write it's very important to be yourself and that's what I've always tried to do.

"I'm outside the mainstream, and the mainstream never let me in," he added.

Morrissey's last album, The Ringleader of the Tormentors, reached number one in the UK in 2006.

It was released on Sanctuary Records but that deal ended in the summer although Morrissey has since had an offer from Warner Brothers.

As part of The Smiths, Morrissey released a string of critically-acclaimed and influential albums, including the Queen is Dead.

When the band split up in 1987 Morrissey launched a successful solo career with hits including Suedehead, Every Day Is Like Sunday and Irish Blood, English Heart.

His former band-mate and former best friend, Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr, also took his career in another direction this summer by joining US band Modest Mouse.

there is supposed to be a video didnt find it got posted here i tried to see it but they said i cant ? only yahoo menbers(gmail) can watch this?

Sistashiela, please check the thread Morrissey Palladium Interview posted by dislocate my shoulder who put the video link.
You'll find it either page 2 or 3 of general discussion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom